shape
carat
color
clarity

when is your bed time....before or after midnight?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really depends sometimes before sometimes after midnight. I will go to bed early sometimes but then get up because I can't sleep.
14.gif
I don't have a set schedule, maybe that is my problem :shrugs:. I use to have a set schedule and even then I would wake up because I was tying out numbers in my sleep or I would solve something and then get up (related to the job), all weird. I guess it was just weigh on my mind.
40.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2008 9:37:51 PM
Author: radiantquest
should be before, unless i am doing somthing i really enjoy!!
31.gif
why ?
33.gif
does it feel better after midnight ?
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Between 12 and 2. Yeah. I can''t sleep at night. If I could I''d go to sleep around 6 or 7 in the am, and sleep most of the day. I''ve always been a night owl.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/14/2008 8:09:30 PM
Author: claudinam
When I am disciplined and I am in a productive mindset, I am in bed by 11:30 P.M.

Other times, between 12:30 and 2:00 A.M.

You didn''t tell us what YOUR time is, DF!
between 2:00-3:00 AM. sometime i just sleep for a few hrs and then wake up at 6:30 AM to watch CNBC.

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Another night owl here. The past few years I''ve worked second shift type hours so I usually go to bed between 12:30 and 2.

I don''t sleep well, though. FI gets up at 4:40 a.m. and I usually get up and make him a lunch, check the news, etc. Then I''ll take a nap from 6 or 7 until 9 or 10 a.m. ... I wish I was a better sleeper. I guess that''s a different thread, though.
37.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
sometimes I am up til the sunrise, but mostly maybe 2 am to 4 am? I am usually able to go to bed for a nap...but not always.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Before I had the kid, I''d be up until 1 am (I start work at 8 and work from home.)

Now I try to get there by 10, but most of the time it''s 11 or 11:30.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Normally I try to get to bed by 11 or 11:30 during the week, but tonight I can't sleep b/c I'm on the 32nd floor of the W Hotel in Chicago and there has been a ridiculous dance party going on at the bar one floor above me for the last few hours. I had to take all of my clothes off of the hangers b/c I coudn't take the noise from them rattling (from the bass) anymore!

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/14/2008 8:30:36 PM
Author: trillionaire
Late... embarrasingly late. I am a night person and I hate mornings...

I''d rather not say it myself too. If I were forced to wake up in the morning, most of the people who saw me would ask if I was sick.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
10.30 - 11.00 pm otherwise I am terrible the next day. I need lots of sleep unfortunately.
35.gif

d2b

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 1:31:35 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Before I had the kid, I''d be up until 1 am (I start work at 8 and work from home.)

Now I try to get there by 10, but most of the time it''s 11 or 11:30.

That''s why we don''t have kids.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m normally in bed at about 11.30 and depending on which shift I''m doing, I''m awake anytime from 5.30 to 9.30.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I usually go to bed around 10pm and sleep at 11-11:30pm. I need and love my 8-9 hours of sleep but that''s all about to change when the baby comes.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''m old, too. Only stay up ''til midnight on New Year''s Eve, and some years I don''t even do that!
6.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Nice to see other night owls on this thread! Lately I''ve been going to bed around 5-6am!! Between taking classes, work and wedding planning I just can''t go to bed. I''ve always been bad at it. I take Lunesta too. My problem is I resist taking the sleeping pill until really late. If I could just take the thing earlier then I''d probably get to be earlier. I get up around 10am everday. I''m a total night owl. Next week I need to start going to bed earliier so I can get into work earlier!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I own a bar, so if I''m working there, my bedtime isn''t until 3-3:30 am. If I''m not working that night I try to go to bed earlier, but before midnight is a rarity to me anymore. I actually like getting up early, the early morning hours are my favorite, but during this period of my life, I don''t see the sunrise unless I stay up all night.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 11:02:57 PM
Author: violet02
Nice to see other night owls on this thread! Lately I've been going to bed around 5-6am!! Between taking classes, work and wedding planning I just can't go to bed. I've always been bad at it. I take Lunesta too. My problem is I resist taking the sleeping pill until really late. If I could just take the thing earlier then I'd probably get to be earlier. I get up around 10am everday. I'm a total night owl. Next week I need to start going to bed earliier so I can get into work earlier!

Does Lunesta work for you? Sometimes I think I need sleeping pills...I take benadryl or tylenol PM a few times a week on average to help me sleep.
40.gif

ETA: Sorry for the mini-threadjack!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4:30 am....time for bed
24.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
We''re usually in bed by 10 or 10:30, but occasionally we''ll be up later if we''re out with friends or something. We try to get up at 6 on weekdays and 7 on weekends, so it''s nice to have enough sleep!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ha, I am waaaaay more of a morning person than most of you. I try to get to bed by around 10 (usually more like 10:30), because I wake up around 5 am. I need to go to bed tht early just to stay semi-caught up on sleep since I work a ton of hours, plus 24 hour shifts. I get worse into sleep debt on the weekends if I go out, because I have a very strong circadian rhythm and my body will not allow me to sleep in. I am lucky most weekend to make it to 8 am, and that is only when I am EXHAUSTED!

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Apologies for the thread-jack but -- Oh my! I don''t know why/how/when I posted that blank post up above. I''m so sorry about that. See what insomnia can do to a girl?

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Before 11 if I can. I get up to work at 6AM and if go to bed past 11, the day is shot
7.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
After midnight for sure, I''m more of a night person and hate mornings. I used to go to bed around 2am in college, now it''s about 12:30am.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Before midnight! It''s not uncommon for me to be asleep at 8ish on the sofa. If I sit down and watch tv after dinner I''m out. The kids crack up because they can stay up later than me! I need a lot of sleep. 10 - 7 is perfect for me.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Usually 1000-1030 so I can get up at 0600 to workout before the kids get up.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
after midnight!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Definite night-owl.

Normally between 12.30 and 2.00am

I start work around 11 and finish around 7.30 so it works fine for me.

I am ALLERGIC to mornings.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
If I didn't have the job thing to get in the way I am the most rested when I go to bed at 10:30 or 11 and wake up between 7-8....however, that is now just a dream....

My sleep schedule depends on my work schedule. The on call every 4th night thing screws me up. I sleep when I can be it day or night. I acutally don't mind the month I am on night float, I find it easier to reverse my clock than to sleep at random times. Nightshits also allow me to avoid the 30 hours in a row shift which I still cannot get used to even after 2 years.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2008 12:03:37 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS

Date: 8/15/2008 11:02:57 PM
Author: violet02
Nice to see other night owls on this thread! Lately I've been going to bed around 5-6am!! Between taking classes, work and wedding planning I just can't go to bed. I've always been bad at it. I take Lunesta too. My problem is I resist taking the sleeping pill until really late. If I could just take the thing earlier then I'd probably get to be earlier. I get up around 10am everday. I'm a total night owl. Next week I need to start going to bed earliier so I can get into work earlier!

Does Lunesta work for you? Sometimes I think I need sleeping pills...I take benadryl or tylenol PM a few times a week on average to help me sleep.
40.gif

ETA: Sorry for the mini-threadjack!
Lunesta works.. and it works for most. My problem is I can power through having to going to bed. I fight it. Doesn't benadryl or Tylenol PM make you feel all druggy or groggy the next day? It did for me. Lunesta is nice in that it doesn't give you that 'hangover'. Ambien will knock you right out (I can power through that at times too). I don't like Ambien as much though because it's definitely got a druggier feeling. I think i was getting short term memory loss on it too, it's a very SLIM side effect. I quit taking it and it went away so who knows... I was using it long term though. Right now I'm trying to wean off of sleeping pills since my body is somewhat dependant on them. I take it everyday but my doctor cut my prescription down. I think if I start working out more then I'll be more tired at night.. that generally helps. I just have a hard time going to sleep period.

Sorry also for the threadjack!!!

ETA: As I post at 3:20am! I just took that lunesta though!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results