shape
carat
color
clarity

When going up in cut/colour/clarity, what % price increase?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ICAA

Rough_Rock
Theoretically:

If one were looking at a VS2 and wanted to get a VS1, what would the price increase be as a percentage?
If one were looking at a G and wanted to get an F, what would the price increase be as a percentage?

This one is harder but if the cut is, say GIA very good and you wanted ideal, what kind of percentage increase in price?

I am looking for guidelines to make sure I can talk reasonably with my B&M jeweller.

Thanks for any help!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
There is no fixed percentage. It depends on the size and shape of the stone.

Rockdoc

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/11/2005 9:50:39 PM
Author:ICAA
Theoretically:

If one were looking at a VS2 and wanted to get a VS1, what would the price increase be as a percentage?
If one were looking at a G and wanted to get an F, what would the price increase be as a percentage?

This one is harder but if the cut is, say GIA very good and you wanted ideal, what kind of percentage increase in price?

I am looking for guidelines to make sure I can talk reasonably with my B&M jeweller.

Thanks for any help!
in general the higher the color the bigger the price difference as clarity increases.
You can use the price comparison tools on the top bar >Prices to learn more

ICAA

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. I have often read a rule of thumb is 15% for each step up in colour/clarity. A quick and dirty if you will. Any thoughts on that percentage?

ICAA

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your candidness. I guess there is no rule of thumb. I am concerned that my own research will not necessarily attribute the change in price to the appropriate factor. Oh well, c''est la vie.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Basically, you''ll have to make a list of various combinations and their corresponding prices using the search on here. That''s what I had to do. Then, you''ll have a rough list to compare prices to when you run across actual diamonds at a B&M.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
then --on top of what Garry said and others....how much did the vendor pay, what time of year , is the moon full, have the fairies eaten their gruel yet? stuff like that..................

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results