shape
carat
color
clarity

When does med blue flourescence glow?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
In what lighting conditions will medium blue flourescence glow? I''ve heard in a disco under blacklights, is this always the case?
Thanks!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I have lovely inherited diamond with medium blue fluorescence. Fluorescent diamonds do so only in the presence of UV light. Blacklights and sunlight most commonly. My diamonds is beautiful in the sun, blue and super sparkly.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
A photo of a marquise with medium blue fluorescence next to a round with no fluorescence, under longwave ultraviolet light (blacklight).

pic 021.jpg

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Sometimes my stone looks blue in sunlight also...the center stone...but it does not have fluor (as confirmed by Rich and AGS).. I even saw it under the UV light at Rich''s office. But I swear under sunlight it can look blue? So what else could cause blue?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have a blue fluoro that looks blue in the sunlight, i love it! it glows just for me.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Sunlight has a decidedly blue tint to it. This will be especially noticeable to you if you are accustomed to seeing your stone under incandescent lighting, which has a distinct red coloration. If you were to shine a green light on it, it would look green

1.gif

Neil Beaty
Independent Appraisals in Denver

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2004 11
6.gif
3:14 AM
Author: denverappraiser

Sunlight has a decidedly blue tint to it. This will be especially noticeable to you if you are accustomed to seeing your stone under incandescent lighting, which has a distinct red coloration. If you were to shine a green light on it, it would look green [J].

Neil Beaty

Cool Neil! Thanks!!
21.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Some of the stones in my pave have fluor. I thought this picture was cool!!!

mynewxmasbling4.jpg

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I once built a ring where the client wanted a specific pattern in the fluorescent stones that were part of a big pave project. I think we had about 300 stones and 20% or so were strong blue fluorescent with the remainder inert. It was a really interesting effect that could only be seen under UV light.

Neil Beaty

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2004 11:30:59 AM
Author: denverappraiser
I once built a ring where the client wanted a specific pattern in the fluorescent stones that were part of a big pave project. I think we had about 300 stones and 20% or so were strong blue fluorescent with the remainder inert. It was a really interesting effect that could only be seen under UV light.

Neil Beaty
i like that idea!!

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/21/2004 10:20
6.gif
0 AM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds
Sometimes my stone looks blue in sunlight also...the center stone...but it does not have fluor (as confirmed by Rich and AGS).. I even saw it under the UV light at Rich''s office. But I swear under sunlight it can look blue? So what else could cause blue?

I always thought it was my stone reflecting the blue sky
1.gif
When it catches the sun just right, it looks lavender-bluish, like it''s glowing from within, and different than just a blue reflection which I''ve also seen.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe that some of the Halogen bulbs also have a good UV component. Of course, you will probably not see the blue, but might notice a minor color change if your fluoresence is strong enough.

In addition there is some company selling bulbs that very closely mimics the solar spectrum (solex?), and I understand that those bulbs also have UV.

Perry

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2004 10:20
6.gif
0 AM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds
Mine has no flourescence to it but also looks blue when I''m outside in bright sunlight. I believe it''s reflecting the color of the sky. I''ve noticed that if I''m wearing a red sweater I''ll see red reflected back to me, same with all other colors.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Dia4me! That''s cool to know!! my diamond reflecting the sky!!! P.S. love your new avatar!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results