shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your "something blue"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I was thinking that something old - something new - something borrowed - something blue tradition was rather silly, but a friend of mine convinced me i have to not break the tradition becuase who knows what might happen
emsmileo.gif

My old is Todd''s mom''s pearls, new my clothing, borrowed - maybe a purse, and blue??

I guess blue panties? i am clueless on this one. I''m not a hankerchief type of gal though i am sure i''ll be very teary.

Are you doing this tradition? If so, what are you inlcuding?

Please share with us your choices and any ideas you may have for the blue.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Lots of places sell panties and bras that are white lace with a little blue bow. I''ve also seen bouquets tied with blue ribbons, brides wearing a sapphire and diamond bracelet, blue flowers in the bouquet, and even blue nailpolish on the brides toes. I''m sure there are lots of other possibilities, but these were the first that came to mind
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
My garter was pale blue satin and lace. It has been in my family for four generations.
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I wanted something different than the garter/panties thing.......and I wanted it to really mean something.

My choice: my best friends....the ones who helped me dress....all four of them signed the bottoms of my wedding shoes in permanent blue Sharpie marker. It was the perfect solution for me.

the blue sharpie - I love it!! thanks for the great idea!

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
AAAAAWWWWW!!! I
emlove.gif
it!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is such a unique "something blue" and it is really something meaningful.

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Great idea alj!!!

My wedding colors were light blue and white...so lots of blue
tiara, necklace, earrings, crystals in bouquet. My dress was very simple so I could get away with a lot w/o overdoing it...

...by the way, I was my own something old! klr

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Great idea aljdewey!!

My something old will be my shoes, but they''ve got a blue butterfly on them, so I think I might use it as my something blue too. Otherwise, I''ll get blue panties. Good idea on the blue purse Alice!!

My something borrowed will be a garter my sister got at a bachelorette party. I''m buying a throw-garter so she can have it back. My something new is my dress.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
For the fair-eyed brides, how about the something blue being your blue eyes?

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I was raised by my Grandmother as well as my parents. She died about 11 years ago. For my something Blue I have a blue silk scarve of hers that I plan on wrapping around my bouquet as I walk down the aisle. This makes me so HAPPY that she can be a part of the ceremony!!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
For my something old, in this pic you can see a gold ring on my right hand with sea pearls hanging from several little chains. This ring belonged to my mother and she wore it on her wedding day. The new stuff is always easy. My something borrowed was my necklace and matching earrings from a close friend, and I had a bit of blue in my garter, along with blue flowers.

oh...sorry the pic came out so hugh!

rmsflower.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
For my sister''s wedding I sewed a little navy blue rose out of ribbon that I attached to her garter, but my favorite is what a friend of mine just did: she had blue butterfly stickers and she stuck a couple wayyyy up on her thigh.
2.gif
4.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i actually forgot entirely about the something old/new thing...my mom had thought about it but i was already on my way to hawaii the week before the wedding, so she bought me this beautiful vintage pearl pin for my dress, that was my something old and something borrowed (she still owned it, after the wedding she gave it to me), something new was my dress of course and jewelry etc and then for something blue i was lucky in that i remembered i''d brought a pair of blue cosabella undies! HAAA!! so cliche but it worked in a pinch!
9.gif

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I had a blue ribbon tied to my longline bra. Nothing original, but it was blue.
face1.gif

I love these shoes and they are more of a blue color than they look. Maybe that could be someone''s ''something blue''. The color is called "Angel Blue" but my monitor makes them look sea-green.

BMIS01UAEABL_M.jpg

I have also known of people who have painted their toenails blue for their ''something blue''.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
I have a pair of earrings that my grandmother gave me before she died. They have a sapphire surrounded by diamonds so they will be my something old and something blue. There is also an antique necklace that every bride in our family has worn on her wedding day. so that will be my something borrowed (my mum has it at the moment) and as no one who has worn it has divorced it is also a really lucky symbol (I hope). I just need something new but I think that I''ll get new knickers etc for the big day
2.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Just got my something blue! Clickie HERE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results