shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s your favorite dessert?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/12/2008 3:07:59 AM
Author: choro72

I like the Chinese New Year Cake, Dango, Manju, Roll Cake, Azuki, Black Sesame Soup, Sesame Balls, Egg Tarts (Macau style)...My absolute favorite Chinese dessert is Gottsai (spell? Deep fried pot stickers filled with processed sugar, nuts, and coconut). When I go for Dim Sum, it''s a requirement for me to pick up an Egg Tart.
one of my favorite since i was a kid
18.gif
if you''re in S.F. chinatown you must try Golden Gate Bakery on Grant Ave their egg tart are the best in the west.
18.gif

Chinese junk foods are the best!!!
yetanotherdancyguy.gif

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Ice Cream... mmmmmmmmmm... and DARK chocolate

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Ice cream is my favorite by far, people make fun of my ice cream habit

Runner ups
strawberry shortcake (with ice cream)
cheesecake
taramasu (sp?)
brownies
apple pie (exp. if I make it)

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Lately it''s been Creme Brulee, I absolutely love the crunchy burnt sugar on top with the delicate sweet goodness underneath.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Creme brulee here - addicted. Followed by lemon merinque pie, or mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries), heated up with vanilla bean icecream on top. Yum!
18.gif

Can you tell I like dessert?, lol.
20.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, my name is Andrea, and I am a cheesecake ADDICT.

Any type. Berry, chocolate, lemon, with topping, without, plain, baked, continental, cookies and cream... my absolute favourite is the classic plain, baked. YUUUUMMMYYYYYYYY.

My first job at age 14 was in The Cheesecake Shop, a countrywide franchise that makes the most delish varieties of cheesecake, amongst other things. You'd think having worked there for 5 years I'd be sick of them?!

Nup.
41.gif

I also adore chocolate mousse!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Pecan Pie hands down the bestest thing that has ever graced my lips
18.gif
with fresh whipped cream

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, how does one choose from so many?

Let me choose by seasons: Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Mince Pie
Apple Pie or Crisp for fall/winter

Strawberry Shortcake
Coconut cake
Lemon Pound Cake
Lemon Meringue Pie
Key Lime Pie
Blackberry Cobbler for spring/summer

Ice cream in warmer months. I can''t really eat it in winter. And I don''t like cheap or soft serve. I''m in TX, so 1st choice in ice cream will always be Blue Bell.

Brownies are great but must be homeade. And not the dense heavy things with a half inch of frosting on them either.

Chocolate cake is always perfect. There is one here in TX that everyone seems to have a recipe for: sheet cake that has a cocoa/pecan frosting; some put cola in the batter for extra flavor. It is dessert heaven.

I don''t want frou-frou desserts. I''m not a tiramasu and creme brulee gal; and I never order them in a restaurant. I hate the mega desserts they offer in chain restaurants, and would prefer a simple diner with offerings of homeade pie, cake, or cobbler. Just had a piece of coconut meringue pie at a local diner last night. It was scrumptious!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Runner up is:

ICE CREAM CAKE (Dairy Queen Skor Blizzard cake), don't think you have Dairy Queens in the US (I could be wrong)..but it's YUMMY..indulging in the last piece (it was MY B-day cake afterall), but I am willing to share if anyone would like to try it??
emwink.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
MMMMmmmmmm! This thread is making me hungry! I responded to the thread last year, but, I have some new faves this year.

Flourless molten cake with Nutella ganache and/or sugared raspberries on top
Cake!!! Most any kind, though, I am partial to the cheap stuff from Costco
9.gif

Homemade ice cream
Rootbeer floats
Chocolate shakes made with chocolate ice cream and chocolate milk
We have been eating so much strawberry shortcake lately - I love it!
Of course - LEMON PIE with a graham cracker crust
And tonight''s dessert will be grilled peaches with homemade vanilla bean ice cream

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I love cannolis! And italian bakery cookies, especially the almond paste ones. And icecream - vanilla swirled with peanut butter, or coffee with almonds.
I like all desserts except when made with fruit. Love fresh fruit, but no cooked fruit for me (nope, not even apple pie!)

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Chocolate souffle (form a restaurant because I can''t make them).
chocolate brownies from the box
cake from the box
creme brulee (without a super hard top)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cookies right out of the oven, brownies right out of the oven, cheesecake and white cake with cream cheese frosting.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Okay who said crepes...chocolate creme or fresh peach or both!
Last night i made brownies(from a box) but to dress em up I drissled hot dark fudge on top and then a scoop of peach cobbler ice cream(ben and jerrys)and then sprinkled cinnimon and nutmeg on top...mmmmm.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also love ice cream, splits, sundaes, and floats/shakes.

Fruity things too, like shortcake, cobblers (fresh peach and blueberry together are my favorite) carrot cake, german chocolate cake, coconut cake, strawberry short cake and tart tartin with caramel sauce and whipped cream! Yummy, getting hungry now.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Freke, thanks for the lesson in vanilla
21.gif
No wonder it''s so expensive!

To continue with my dessert obsession.
Some other stuff that I like is senbei, arare, karinto, dried fruit, trail mix...
senbei is light rice crackers. Sometimes it''s glazed with soy sauce and sugar. arare is pretty much pure sugar held together with something. Karinto is deep fried airy flour coated with honey and brown sugar. Japanese snacks are extreme. They are either very light and tasteless, or they give you diabetes with one bite.

I also love bean based dessert common in Chinese places. There are the bean soup, bean paste wrapped in pot sticker skin, buns with bean paste...Beans can be either green beans or red beans. They are all slowly cooked with tons of sugar.

To describe the snacks that I listed previously. Moon Cake is a Chinese snack eaten during the Moon Festival in the fall. It''s pretty much lard and sugar filled with bean paste and egg yolk (resembling the moon). It''s literally about 1000 Calories each. I don''t like the taste of egg yolk in dessert, and I get stomach ache whenever I eat one because of the fat and sugar content.

Anin Tofu is a Chinese Dessert but equally loved in Japan. It''s supposed to use annin, but these days it''s usually made from Almond powder. Actually, I think in English it''s Almond Jelly. I don''t like it because I love milk itself, and I can''t get used to sweet unhealthy milk.

dango is a Japanese snack made with rice. They add even more water and and sugar, roll it up, and steam it. It can be eaten with bean paste, caramelized soy sauce, soy bean powder, or by itself. Very chewy.

Manju is a Japanese snack derived from the Chinese buns. Variations include buns made from flour, rice, different types of beans, vegetable roots, and many more different kind. Some are sweet and chewy, and others resemble cakes. I like the chewy kind more.

Ooo, and I will eat cereal as dessert too! I love loading cereal with trail mix and crackers. Yeah, my creations are weird.
I love making my own trail mix. I buy all kinds of nuts and dried fruit and put them together. I don''t do this anymore because it''s so expensive
7.gif

When I was growing up, I didn''t like to eat snacks. Ever. These rice crackers were too boring, and the rest were too sweet. My parents will have snacks in the pantry all the time, and sometimes my family had eaten it all before I got to it. I didn''t care. If you read the description above, these snacks are based on real food, and I didn''t like the idea of eating real food for dessert.
Now I love the subtle sweetness of these ethnic snacks. I started missing it when I came to the United States; one of those things I never appreciated until I had no access to it.

My American friends taught me how to enjoy food and dessert, and now I''m famous for being able to out eat anyone at a buffet. I actually will eat one plate of food, and 10 plates of dessert. I will go as far as eating dessert for a meal. This obsession started in 2004, I think.

Starting summer 2004, I''ve gone through the cycle of gaining 30 lbs and losing it four times. I always gain it in the spring and summer, freak out, and lose it in the fall and winter. This is the first summer since 2004 that I haven''t gained it, and I''m trying to keep it that way.
I love dessert so much though that it occupies my mind during parties. If I know we are having dessert at restaurants, it''s all I can think of while having a meal. I can get full from food, but not desserts. I think I have a borderline disorder
6.gif

Dessert I love:

Chocolate cherry cake or bars (I loooove making this, and everyone else seems to adore it too)
Ben and Jerrys half baked or chubby hubby
30.gif

Cookies! Monster cookies!
Brownies..
PEACHES AND CREAM AND SUGAR! (almost in season!)
mmmmmms
18.gif

edit: dairy queen is yummy too... they have a girl scout thin mint one right now that is delicious!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh this thread is just SINFUL!

I love crepes (with lemon and sugar), or cheesecake. Chocolate bread pudding.

But especially anything with coconut!

....I think I hear my thighs screaming "no! no desserts! we can''t take any more sweets! we''re stretched to the limits!"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results