shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s up with women who comment...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
While I would never comment to anyone about how they looked in whatever they were wearing, I would appreciate if someone told me they disliked the wedding dress I was trying on. Particularly if they thought the dress wasn''t flattering. Style is a personal opinion, but if someone thought I looked like a cow in the dress I''d want to know!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would much rather hear an unsolicited comment in the bridal shop (especially a negative one) than to have my guests think I look like crap on my wedding day and have tongues wagging behind my back.
2.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I will comment only if I''m asked...or if the dress is stunning on them...then yes, I will say something along the lines of "you look amazing"...but never anything negative.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
I actually don''t think its rude! If you think about it, on your wedding you (the bride) are suppossed to look your absolute best - if even a stranger, who doesn''t know you from Adam, thinks you could look way better - than I think its great they have the guts to say something. Sometimes girls get so overwhelmed and excited about the dress they love that they don''t see the negatives - maybe it shows your belly or makes you look short. Everyone shopping with you is usually just as excited as the bride, and obviously very close to her, that perhaps they don''t feel comfortable telling her the dress is unflattering. Plus the girl asked if you were in love with the dress before she commented - just in case you thought it was ''the one''.
I would appreciate purely honest comments, but that''s just me!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Um, yeah, that was pretty rude
23.gif

I had a number of comments when shopping, but they were from salespeople.

I think my favorite was when I tried on a dress my mom and I both really liked, and the saleslady agreed that it looked good (should have stopped there!) and then went on to say "yeah, I had a thin girl in her this morning, and it looked terrible on her, but on you it looks good"
29.gif
29.gif

SunShyne83

Rough_Rock
I don''t see how someone commenting on your wedding dress (in a boutique) is rude.

I think it''s kind of shallow of you to think that.

teapot

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 12:31:39 PM
Author: Haven
Date: 1/11/2009 9:42:06 AM

Author: neatfreak

I am also guilty of the random compliment...but only if the bride looks happy and the dress really looks gorgeous on her! And I would never ever say anything other than ''that dress looks gorgeous on you'' or another feel good comment if it really was beautiful on her.

Me, too. But I''m really friendly and open, and I probably talk to several ''strangers'' on a daily basis. I''d never say anything negative to anyone, though.

I hate the way our society has evolved into an ''every man to himself'' thing in public, and I think that it contributes to many of the problems we see today, but that is another thread.

Anyway, a comment (positive or negative) from a stranger seems like a silly thing to ruminate about for any time at all, let alone to allow it to bother you. I would just let it go.

ditto

I would never give anybody a negative comment unless they ask for my opinion, but unless they are truly offensive, I wouldn''t let it bother me.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 2:40:43 PM
Author: SunShyne83
I don''t see how someone commenting on your wedding dress (in a boutique) is rude.

and i think THAT comment is pretty darn rude.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 3:13:52 PM
Author: cbs102

Date: 1/13/2009 2:40:43 PM
Author: SunShyne83

and i think THAT comment is pretty darn rude.
LOL, thanks cbs102.

I thought that woman''s comment was out of place and amusing, more than anything else. And even if I thought she was rude, I don''t see how that makes me shallow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results