shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s the longest flight you''ve taken your toddler on?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
When I''m procrastinating, I like to think of dream vacations
emsmile.gif
--and we still have a few on our list (Argentina, Asia,etc.). But with a 1 year old things are obviously a lot harder to pull off (hard enough going to Grandma''s for the weekend!). I''m curious if others have ventured long distance with a 1-2 year old? We could wait, but then I wonder if (big if) there is a #2, it''d be even less likely!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Toddler? No way.
23.gif
41.gif
We got the 15 hour flight done out of the way when she was 8-9 months old!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
15 hours is impressive!

Eeek, so before 1 or after 3 sounds like a general guideline! And here I am hoping to take her b/ween ages of 1 and 2!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think 4 hours of flying was the longest with a layover thrown in. Traveling with T is STRESSFUL. Her personality isn''t really compatible with sitting still in a confined space for hours at a time. So we leave her with my MIL if we want or need to go somewhere far away.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I have to agree that this is NOT the time to be traveling!! We took Lily to LA (6 hours) at 7 months and it wasn't so bad since she wasn't really mobile yet. She also went to Atlanta at around 9 months and that wasn't bad since it was only like 2.5 hours. But then we took her to Puerto Rico at 14 months and it was a nightmare The flight is about 4 hours but she was a terror. Not to mention, she was a real PITA on the trip. It was impossible to have a proper meal in a restaurant, she didn't want to sit still on the beach, etc. Poor Lucy hasn't been on any flights yet and probably won't for a while because we will not put ourselves through it unless it's absolutely necessary! I would hold off on anything major...

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Hmm ok, looks like short flight first to see how C handles it and off to Grandma's for anything major/exotic....

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We never did a flight when our kids were toddlers. My older son was 8 or so months when we flew to Vegas. That was a three (or so) hour flight. We gave him baby tylenol so he would sleep.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with the before 1 and after 3 rule. Maybe after 5! I was on a flight last week where a toddler was really upset and screaming and crying. He could not be consoled and then threw up. The smell of barf permeated the cabin.
14.gif
And it wasn''t even his mom with him...it was his grandmother, poor lady. I saw his mom greet them at the baggage area. Brave grandma.

It is an entirely different ballgame when they are mobile. Amelia is pretty good and I''ve had her sit still at a hotel lounge sofa for an hour. But in case I weren''t so lucky on a plane, I don''t think I would try it at this stage.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does my husband count as a toddler? He often behaves like one...

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 3:02:23 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Does my husband count as a toddler? He often behaves like one...
ha, have an image of a DH sucking his thumb and laying on your lap or running wild down the plan aisles with hair all amuck...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, running around saying "amuck amuck amuck amuck". He also throws temper tantrums if he doesn''t get a window seat.

(bonus points if you know what movie that quote is from)

lili

Ideal_Rock
We took J on a 5hr plane ride when she was 14months.
It wasn''t easy, but it wasn''t too bad either since she didn''t scream or cried.
Since she was mobile and had always been on the move, DH had to walk her up and down the aisle a couple of times.
For the most part, she would stand on our laps and played w/ the passengers behind us.
The trip to was easier since the passengers in the back was keeping her entertained.
The trip back was a little more work because the back passenagers didn''t entertain her as much, so she would turn to the front and see if there are entertainment there
40.gif

I don''t know about taking her now since she''s getting into her terrible 2''s
32.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results