shape
carat
color
clarity

What's on your Christmas wish list (non-jewelry stuff)

Asu

Shiny_Rock
A pink Nutrisonic (like a clarisonic,but much cheaper);
a new pink camera.Ours is five years old,and take crappy pictures;
a pair of good quality brown leather boots;
a pair of furry "uggs-style" boots.I'm probably going to get a cheap version for a few bucks,because even if I get the originals,I can't wear them with rain or snow,so there is no point.
a set of white,knitted wool sweater,gloves and a big chunky scarf to pair with my hat I got last year.handmade by my granny (or hubby's granny) would be lovely and perfect;
a quilt for our bed;
I think that's all? :lol:

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Saoirse2|1321727123|3065222 said:
tuffyluvr|1321680094|3064999 said:
Saoirse2|1321677342|3064976 said:
Zujirushi BB-CEC20
K. Dagger Hallie wedge booties in leopard.

ETA: What a gorgeous little baby boy!

What's the Zojirushi BB-CEC20? I know they make rice cookers, thermos bottles, bread makers, pressure cookers, coffee makers, etc... Anyways, they make wonderful products. I bought a thermos from them a couple years back, and it is fantastic. It keeps liquids piping hot for HOURS!

It's a bread maker. My 1lb Zoj maker finally died on me, can't find an excuse to buy the larger version at full price :((

Oooh!!! I would LOVE to be able to make fresh bread. Sounds amazing! Zojirushi makes great small appliances. If only I had the room to store a bread maker...

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
A BFP!! :Up_to_something: :oops: ;))

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Fun thread! But reading everyone else's wish lists is making mine longer ;(

Jewel Jet or ultrasonic cleaner (not sure which one to ask for)
Slippers
Perfume (but I need to choose a new scent first!)

I always love GCs to Starbucks and Amazon (for Kindle books), too.

ame said:
I am very much more interested usually in my family doing stuff for the families we adopt from my parents church. We got a good one this year that I am REALLY excited about: a grandmother who took in her five young grandkids ages 21mos to 8 yrs. They had bikes on there, and other such toys. My dad immediately claimed the bikes. He was so excited to just blow these kids minds. We also are getting the grandmother things like spa treatments, and gift cards for herself. She has asked for only toys for the kids and shoe gift cards, but she deserves a good thing or two, too. My immediate family goes for it, we love making sure a family is just blown away, we need NOTHING, we can't even think of stuff we want. So why waste money? I really love doing this. We got two families last year and blew them away but there was so much demand to apodt one this year they only gave us one, thankfully one with lots of kids. The lady at my parents church gets moved to tears when my dad and brother bring our stuff in. I guess a lot of the folks stick to the list, or cheap out on it, which really makes me sad. I know these people are needing things, but why buy them the cheapest stuff you can??? Get them something quality! We do it up, and it makes us feel good that these people have a great christmas and that's one less stressor for them, it has to be hard enough to ask for help.

I love this idea! Maybe my family will go for it this year. We always struggle with what to do about gifts since we have everything we need. Last year we all made donations to charity and then announced what we'd picked at Christmas, but it wasn't satisfying since we didn't get to shop ;))

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Airline miles, airline miles, and, ummmm...airline miles (aka, I'd like to be able to visit my BF sometime early next year).

liarudd

Shiny_Rock
coach purse
coach wallet
uggs
aritzia sweater
funnel trench coat
mani/pedi gift certificate
spa certificate
pink wrap for my snowmobile
custom pink licence plate for my sled

Thats all i can think of NON-jewellery items ............ but i know what #1 is on my list lol

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I want a new sewing machine, but I am not sure. :errrr: I want a new Bernina, to replace my artista 180. I am not sure if I want
the 730, either new or used, or one of the 830 models. All are ridiculously expensive and I am just not sure which way to go. I found
a great deal on a used 730 on ebay from someone who lives close to me and is upgrading to the 830. If I do that, I have no warranty
but I save 3K. But if I wait a bit longer I may want to go with the top of the line model. I have no idea what to do, which probably means
I will do nothing.

Other than that, I don't think there is anything else I want. Ok, maybe a kindle gift card. Buying books is like crack, and I can never have
enough even though it will take me YEAR if not Decades to read what I have.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want one of those 9x13 ceramic pans that comes with a lid and a carrying case.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My family always gets frustrated with me because there is almost nothing I can think of that I want most years! If there is something inexpensive that I want, I just buy it myself! So it is hard to think of things they can actually get me! I do ask for jewelry when I have something in mind and my hubby will always get that.

But, this year I am intrigued by the Kindle Fire and that is all I want for Christmas! (My anniversary is the following day,though, and I am thinking hard about that gift!)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jewelerman|1321679952|3064995 said:

All I want is a job, too. DH frequently encourages me to shop for things, but I can't think of any items I want or need.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missy -- best wishes for your dad on Monday! My mom just went through knee replacement surgery and she needs to get it done to her other knee as well. Her surgery was in August and it took her a good 8 weeks to feel almost back to normal. Her recovery was tough though, in large part, to her low level of pain tolerance. In some ways, it's a mind over matter type of thing, and as long as your dad pushes through the pain and does his PT exercises regularly, I'm sure he'll do fine. He'll most likely feel loopy with all the meds he'll have to take, but as we just kept telling my mom, her "job" was to heal. If that meant that she was in bed or on the couch all day sleeping, doing her exercises, and taking her meds on schedule, that was considered a GREAT productive day. She certainly wasn't expected to do anything else. She's not good at having other people take care of her though. Maybe your dad's different. My mom's sister went through it about a month after my mom, and she was on the mend in no time. She has a very high level of pain tolerance though.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the threadjack, Jaysonsmom!

Let's see, what do I want for Christmas? I don't need more stuff, but I also wouldn't turn away a C&B or Restoration Hardware gift card. We really need new bedding for our bedroom.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's my birthday the week before Christmas and I know what my family have gotten me so it's
pair of uggs
clothes
flights to NY (this is from DH for my bday)

anything else will be a surprise and I don't really have anything on my wishlist. I'll be happy with anything.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
hlmr|1321673514|3064925 said:
Sorry to highjack, but gosh, your avatar little guy is so very cute Skippy!! :appl:

thanks so much hlmr!!! You are so sweet! :halo:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1322268151|3068868 said:
My family always gets frustrated with me because there is almost nothing I can think of that I want most years! If there is something inexpensive that I want, I just buy it myself! So it is hard to think of things they can actually get me! I do ask for jewelry when I have something in mind and my hubby will always get that.

But, this year I am intrigued by the Kindle Fire and that is all I want for Christmas! (My anniversary is the following day,though, and I am thinking hard about that gift!)

My DH just got his, diamondseeker, and he loves it!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Jewelerman, sending dust to you for a job, I do not know what your situation is but a few years ago dh was laid off from his job and while we were ok financially he took a big hit emotionally, he ended up finding a position that he is much happier at and much better emotionally but it was pretty tough for a while there so I wish for christmas for you a job that feeds the table and the spirit, sending dust your way!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1321716695|3065159 said:
Generac generator for our beach house.

And more importantly for my dad to have successful knee surgery and rehab (the Monday after Thanksgiving is his surgery date).
This is the main thing I want for the holidays. For my dad to come through it all OK. He's not young and I worry.

Sending your family DUST for your dad's surgery!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Travels

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amys Bling|1322428341|3069612 said:
missy|1321716695|3065159 said:
Generac generator for our beach house.

And more importantly for my dad to have successful knee surgery and rehab (the Monday after Thanksgiving is his surgery date).
This is the main thing I want for the holidays. For my dad to come through it all OK. He's not young and I worry.

Sending your family DUST for your dad's surgery!

Thank you Amy!! Fingers crossed it all goes well. I am so nervous for him.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Some Creed perfume and some bath goodies from Jo Malone and I'm all set.

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
I've picked out a new wallet and a mirror compact with my initials engraved on it to keep in my purse. The rest is all jewelry type stuff.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results