shape
carat
color
clarity

Whats more important - Flourescence or Cut?

JD2012

Rough_Rock
My budget for an E/G ring is $6000-$7000

All are GIA certified

I am looking for a 1c ring. I was originally looking at purchasing a very good cut, but was advised the cut had too much depth. I asked for a better cut and they sent me this:

Carat: 1.01c
Cut: Excellent
Clarity: SI1
Color:F
Polish: VG
Symm: Excellent
Measurements: 6.5.653-6.56 x 3.93

The problem is that there is a medium blue flourescent on both excellent cuts. Will these be visible to the naked eye? Am i better off sacrificing on the cut or going with a medium blue flourescent?

Once again ur help is very much appreciated.

JD

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Cut is king-it will have the most influence over how the diamond visually performs. I would not sacrifice cut. Also, florescence isn't always a bad thing, in fact many prefer it. It makes the diamond face up whiter and often allows you to get the diamond at a lower price. It is rare for florescence to have a negative effect. Hopefully diamondseeker and a few others will chime in. They have a lot of knowledge about florescence.

ETA-the diamond you listed has a depth of approx 59.9%, that would not be deep.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cut for sure, but fluorescence can be a good thing in some diamonds. Ask the vendor if this faces up white and not cloudy. Ask for a black light photo of your diamond... then you'll see why fluorescence is so cool!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never sacrifice on cut. Medium blue fluorescence will not have negative effect at all. And in fact, some of us seek it out because it is a beautiful natural phenonmenon! I have strong blue in my G color diamond and my original F color diamond had med blue and I honestly didn't know for 25 years until a jeweler mentioned it when I was looking for a new setting! I bought a little UV light so I can see it when I want! This stone looks much better, but please list all the measurements such as crown and pavilion angle.

Nice article on fluoro:

https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/diamond-flourescence

JD2012

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys

Tx so much. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the advice. Here is all the info on the 2 round brilliant diamonds I am considering. I am happy to send you on GIA certs if you feel it will help you make a more informed decision.

Option 1:
Carat: 1.02c
Color:F
Polish: Excellent
Measurements: 6.53-6.56 x 3.93
Flouresecnce: Medium Blue
Comments:
Additional clouds are not shown, Pinpoints are not shown
Crown: 33.5 Pavillion: 41.2

Option 2:
Carat: 1.01c
Color:G
Polish: VG
Measurements: 6.47-6.51 x 3.95
Flouresecnce: Medium Blue
Comments:
Additional twinning wisps, additional clouds, additional pinpoints, internal graining and surface graining are not shown
Crown: 33 Pavillion: 41.4

You might let me know what is the best choice, what else I should ask and whether you would be prepared to look at GIA Certs.

Thanking you so much again

JD

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
these 2 stones looks too flat (no crown height) to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results