shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s in your child''s library?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
To add to the list, I love the Tacky the Penguin books.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Just remembered some more. We''ve been reading The Night Before Christmas and A Child''s Christmas in Wales quite a bit lately, which was also a Christmas tradition for me growing up.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I forgot to mention we also have a huge stack of seasonal books....snowmen for January, Valentines, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas as well as things about the seasons. Fisher Price little people books are also great!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
DD (now 17) has the entire collection of Berenstain Bears books, including the chapter books ( I have saved them all). Jan and Stan Berenstain are from our area and their son Mike does a Berenstain Bear day at our local library each year and my DD has many books signed bu Jan & Stan prior to Stan''s death in 2005). DD began reading on her own at age 4 because of these books.

More of her favorites were:

Doctor Seuss books
Magic Tree House series
Magic School Bus series
Pony Pals ( a girl''s book series)
Junie B. Jones
American Girls series

Any books by Avi : Ragweed, Poppy, Pooy & Rye, Crispin, Charlotte Doyle, Blue Heron, etc (too many to list)

There were also other books she had that she read hundreds of times:

A Man Who Entered a Contest
The Man Who Sold Caps
The Childrens'' Bible
The Mitten (still a favorite of hers at age 17)
The Diary of a Young Girl (Anne Frank)
Charlotte''s Web
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

Burk

Ideal_Rock
T is currently obsessed with anything Dr. Seuss. She calls "Green Eggs and Ham" "Sam I am" and wants to read it constantly! I love that she will pick books over her toys any day!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, from the looks of things I''m already in pretty good shape for when I have kids. I still have most of these books from when I was a kid!!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
My kids have SO many books, I couldn''t begin to list them all.

Right now, they really love Monsters Are Red, Monsters Are Blue. It has Elmo in it, and for some reason they both LOVE Elmo. My SIL likes to come get them so that I can have me time, and I think she''s the one that introduced them to Elmo, because I know we''ve never bought them anything Elmo until she gave them this book.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought of another book T loves. I think it is called "10 Little Ladybugs" and it is adorable. It counts down and the lady bugs are little wooden pieces so it has a 3D quality. She also has the Chick version.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results