carat
color
clarity

What's going on with DanielM?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Digdeep,

I checked my e-mail and it says Nov.18th 2014 is the date the new policy goes into effect. Doesn't help now, I guess, but keep it in mind for the future.

Annette

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm hoping the movement on the Sold section is because they are finally moving through their orders but the taking on of more orders in the form of accepting another deposit listing is not encouraging. Texasky, I'm sorry you have to resort to going to the Mass. AG to get your stones back, :(sad

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys Daniel M made some rings for me earlier in the year and has just completed another project for me! Each project probably took a few months from start to finish but I think it's worth the wait. I absolutely love my rings. I posted pics in the other DanielM forum.

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
ricezo|1413450913|3767820 said:
Hi guys Daniel M made some rings for me earlier in the year and has just completed another project for me! .

Curious when he started the most recent one?

I'm nothing if not patient, and if I'd been told "hey we won't have it till november" I could live with that. But I have a running list of dates now when I was told "we'll have pictures by x day" or "it will be ready to go next week." If I knew I was behind, say, ten other people whose things had to come first, no problem, but repeatedly giving me dates and not meeting them is something different :|

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys Daniel M made some rings for me earlier in the year and has just completed another project for me! Each project probably took a few months from start to finish but I think it's worth the wait. I absolutely love my rings. I posted pics in the other DanielM forum.
Really? Are you really trying to refer people to DanielM in this thread? Have you read this thread?

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Normally I'd congratulate someone on getting a piece made........BUT......as Greg said, have you read this thread? So many people have their money, stones, and emails left in limbo by DanielM for longer timeframes than a 'few months'. Those folks deserve a response. They can't get an acknowledgement like an email or if they do, it's false information such as a finish date or promised photo's .......neither of which happens. Most have given up hope of ever seeing the items they sent in.... money and gems. Or have prepared to follow up with PayPal, Etsy, or the Attorney General of Massachusetts....... Honestly, this just :angryfire: me off even more!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
digdeep|1413468939|3767916 said:

Normally I'd congratulate someone on getting a piece made........BUT, this sounds like bragging. As Greg said.....have you read this thread? So many others have their money, stones, and emails left in outer space by Daniel M for much longer timeframes than a 'few months'. Most of those folks can't get an acknowledgement from them---you know, an email? Some have given up hope of ever seeing the items they sent in....both money and gems. Honestly, this just :angryfire: me off even more!!!
Ihate to sound untrusting, and my apologies if I'm wrong, but based on post history and photos makes it seem more like a Daniel m rep than customer.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very happy for you that he made your dream come true. I hope he also comes through for the other posters who've seen him work on newer customers' stones rather than theirs that have been in the queue way before others.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Niel, I agree............

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1413469701|3767920 said:

Normally I'd congratulate someone on getting a piece made........BUT, this sounds like bragging. As Greg said.....have you read this thread? So many others have their money, stones, and emails left in outer space by Daniel M for much longer timeframes than a 'few months'. Most of those folks can't get an acknowledgement from them---you know, an email? Some have given up hope of ever seeing the items they sent in....both money and gems. Honestly, this just :angryfire: me off even more!!!
Ihate to sound untrusting, and my apologies if I'm wrong, but based on post history and photos makes it seem more like a Daniel m rep than customer.
I thought the same thing when I read that nonsense.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GregS|1413472614|3767951 said:
Niel|1413469701|3767920 said:

I thought the same thing when I read that nonsense.

Me too :angryfire:

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
The whole thing makes absolutely NO sense.

Chrono, sorry if I wasn't clear, I have not filed a claim with the Mass. AG office yet, I've been waiting to see what happens with koolchicken, deskjockey and others. I thought maybe if we all file in a short time frame, something might happen.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either way, it doesn't look good in my eyes. Ricezo could be a DM shrill or a truly happy customer. If Ricezo is a shrill, well, the implications are obvious. I don't want to jump to conclusions just because Ricezo has a low post count of 3 only thus far and all have been to state how happy she is with DM. If she is indeed a customer, I am curious to find out how she jumped the queue over the other posters who have not received any email updates for months in spite of the repeated requests and promises. It's not fair to DM's customers to pick and choose projects to work on, rather than follow a queue.

Texaskj,
I would not wait any longer. This has gone on for far too long.

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock

Sorry to be blunt or offend, but this post leaves a bad taste in my mouth. You may be a lovely person, but I can't help but question your motivation here. Have you read this thread? Are you trying to rub it in all these good PS'er's faces that you have had none of the problems they mention except that it may have taken "a few months" but it's "worth the wait"? I may be wrong but I get from your post that you have already had a piece started and completed after many of the others here who are still waiting on a piece initiated before then. Why would you wave that banner here? Your post certainly doesn't help this vendor's reputation. I think everyone has been more than patient and each one deserves the same service it appears you have gotten. Why you and why not them? Are you trying to insinuate they are not being truthful or are exaggerating the situation? That they are being impatient? Again, they have been more than patient, maybe too patient in this case, especially considering the lack of communication. He's not whittling toothpicks for everyone, he's completing jewelery pieces after accepting monetary deposits and gemstones of value that are intended for gifts or beloved additions to a collection and regardless of what he's making, by engaging in a transaction he owes every single client excellent customer service (not picking some clients to give great customer service to while ignoring others as your post seems to imply) and if for some reason he can't meet this level of service he should COMMUNICATE, and regularly and in a timely fashion while attempting to remedy the situation in some way.

Hopefully you are not just trolling to incite everyone - if this is your intent, good job. You have every right to post here, freedom of speech and all that, but as a new poster I would hope you would familiarize yourself with the nature of the PriceScope community and be sensitive to the situation others are experiencing before posting.

I apologize if I am off-base in my interpretation of your post, and I hope you enjoy your new piece. I hope more that all the other PriceScopers dealing with this will find an end that is acceptable to them for this frustrating roller coaster of a story.

Whew, I'm getting tired up here on this soapbox. Sparkle over and out. :D

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Wow okay, that's not very nice! No "trolling" was intended here, if you re-read my message I don't know how it can even be perceived to be negative/malintended. Given that I have recently had jewellery made by DanielM and one of my new orders was also linked in another persons post down the chain I thought I'd offer my experience. Heres a photo of my other DanielM purchase on my hand. I was just trying to be helpful, don't think I'll bother posting on this forum again.

_23314.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome on Pricescope. You have a beautiful ring Ricezo. Sorry, but I am one of the people who doubted your sincerity. And if you are sincere, I am sorry that your first PS experience has been like this..

Again, you have a Gorgeous ring. All these other PSers also choose DanielM because he (used to) make(s) beautiful jewelry and some have had great experiences with him a while ago. But the point is he now accepts new projects he clearly cannot handle. He is holding stones and money of his Customers for a long while. AND he is not communicating with his Customers. He behaves like a very untrustworthy vendor. I sincerely hope for the PSers in this thread that in the end it will work out fine. This is really frustrating :angryfire:

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
I do think it's important to have good experiences here as well as bad, I'd like things to stay objective rather than being a witch hunt. I do think that when people who are missing work or stones are not hearing back, and then someone else gets their (lovely) ring with no issues, it can make people pretty irritable. I've been on lots of boards and know that low post count with comments exclusively about one thing also make people suspicious. It's just part of the interwebs and usually not personal. I think given how much this group has supported this vendor and his work in the past, some folks are taking the current issues more personally than they might otherwise (even if they don't have anything out with him at this time).

I'm still curious as to when work was started on the most recent ring, though, if you wouldn't mind answering that.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Deskjocky! So I started communicating with Dan beginning August asking for quotes etc for a design I liked. I purchased my centre stone from another vendor and sent this to Dan end of Aug. I had to wait a week or so to know that he had picked it up from the post office. There was a bit of back and forth for a month on the design and side stones Dan was going to use. Ring was completed earlier this week and Dan sent me photos to review and approve. And he's shipping it out today. Happy to let you know when I get the ring - I'm in Australia so may be a week or so but I don't feel like updating if I'm just going to cop abuse!

Im especially disappointed as I'm relatively new to Pricescope and buying gems in general. I've really appreciated the advice and photos posted by the regulars on PS,JewelFreaks photos lead me to using Dan in the first place and Chrono's various posts on sapphire and setting vendors have been really helpful!

I can't explain why my experience has been different. Perhaps my designs have been easier to make? First ring was a standard u prong which is his signature design and the second was similar to a ring he'd previously made. I'm not defending him, I think it's awe flu to have to wait 6 months! But I think Chrono questioned earlier whether the new listings were legitimate and as one was mine I thought id share!

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You don't have the ring yet? (the plot thickens) I hope you receive the ring and I do think it's premature (at best) to write a glowing review before you've seen the work.....or have the ring. That would be like writing a food review before eating at the restaurant........... :wall:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
True! The photos look great though and my other rings were lovely so I have hope!

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting timeline, though it makes me a bit more frustrated.

:/

sparkleismyfavcolor

Shiny_Rock
Ricezo, I was sincere when I said I apologize if I misinterpreted your post, and I do. You are not the one to blame here, and as others have said, this is just a very sensitive issue for many whether they personally have items waiting or they are simply supporting others that do. I'm sure you would feel the same frustration and irritability if you were in their shoes and someone else cheerfully posted that they just recently ordered and received their piece when you had sent money and gemstones to this vendor and were still in the dark after a much, much longer wait with little or no communication.

I hope you will continue to post here, PS is a wonderful community of helpful people who also support each other through difficult situations whether it be purchasing a gemstone or a situation such as this. So, welcome! Your ring is beautiful. =)

To everyone else still waiting, I wish you a speedy resolution to all this because the whole thing blows! :(

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I look forward to seeing how your ring turns out, Ricezo, & I'm glad you got things done. I'm sorry your first step into this place wasn't so pleasant -- hope you will hang around. This happens to be a really sore subject & still is puzzling as heck -- no reason to their lies about work having been done on long-time projects, and newer ones being knocked off quickly. It's plain weird, but nobody blames you in any way.

Just for safety you might want to be wary of sending more stones or money to them until something is resolved. It would be a sad thing to see yet another person stuck. I hope very much that your ring arrives in good time -- and can't wait to see photos of it!

--- Laurie

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
I'm glad at least some people are getting their rings, and the craftsmanship looks nice. :) I'm just severely disappointed/frustrated that others have been waiting so long with no word. It's just... upsetting, I guess, since I'm one of those who has enjoyed working with Daniel M in the past and am just completely puzzled/flummoxed about what is going on. :sick:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I clicked on this thread in hopes to read better news. :nono:

Texas- I'm so sorry you are going through this, I really hope you get some sort of resolution soon.

Ricezo- Welcome to PS, please don't go away. Continue to post your pretties :wavey:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I finally caught up on all this and what a depressing turn for a respected vendor. I've seen many of their pieces posted here and always admired them. I've been out of my gemstone hobby for awhile but am getting back into it and I'm so grateful for this thread. I definitely would never purchase from DanielM now, no matter what happens later.

I hope so very much that everyone who still had stones with him, gets them back!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ricezo,
I hope you will stay and post more pictures of your new ring when it arrives!

megthered

Rough_Rock
Ricezo,
please do post pictures of your rings, if and when you receive them. I really hope you do. I don't understand why the others don't do something about getting their money or stones back. I guess they think grand larceny is fine and they have money to burn.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pardon my ignorance, but does DanielM ever post on this forum? Where is he located-in a shop, studio or what? How big (i.e. how many people are on his payroll) is his business? Can people visit him? Frankly I had never heard of him until this forum. It seems that this thread would raise some legit concerns in regard to sending him new business. Is it illness or just the lackluster economy for custom pieces which may end up closing down his business?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results