shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s going around right now?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock

I feel like crud.

14.gif
This is usually not the time of year I get sick though. I heard that the ragweed and pollen are really bad right now (I''m in the Southeasterern US). It feels kinda like allergies, or a sinus infection - stuffiness, sneezing, burning in my nose when breathing, headache, ear fluid... and I''m going to go to the doctor soon if it doesn''t go away.

But I also heard that there''s a lot of sickness going around though. Just curious if anyone knew what exactly happened to be going around. (And I''m pretty sure I don''t have the swine flu.)

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Dunno. I''ve been dragging for ages - sleeping ''till all hours - and have had a bit of chest congestion for months. It would be good to feel great again!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea I came down with something yesterday. I must have been having issues for awhile though because the other day I developed a cold sore. Then the cold started with a scratchy throat yesterday and had now progressed to full sinus and chest congestion. It''s not allergies, lol I wish. I was up all last night with a sore throat and no cough drops/medicine (who needs cough drops in August?). Sleep wasn''t happening. Then strangely one nostril started running followed by one eye. It was like I was full on crying but from just one side. The other was totally fine. So strange. So tonight I''m armed with nyquil and cough drops. Hopefully I''ll sleep because this week is just too busy to stay home from work.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
You really want to know????
11.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry your feeling cruddy. As an allergy sufferer, I can sympathize - - big time. We''re no better off over here in the Southwest; but it sounds as though you''ve segued right into a sinus infection. Time for some dr. prescribed meds.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I think my allergies are a little crazy right now. I''m alternating between sneezing, a runny nose and slight congestion (one nostril also-weird)

About a month ago, I developed a sore throat for a couple of days and then a full blown cold. I was a under a lot of stress with my hubby coming home from a deployment though.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Well I actually slept through the night. I took a Benadryl Allergy that knocked me out, and I ended up sleeping really hard. I woke up breathing more clearly through my nose than I have for WEEKS. I was also on my stomach, haha which meant I slept REALLY hard, because I never sleep on my stomach. So I think that stuff dried me up a bit in my sinuses, but I''m still sneezing and having a runny nose this morning. And I still have a lot of crud up in there, I can tell. If it gets bad like it did yesterday afternoon, I''m going to think about going to the doctor - sinus infections sneak up on me fast and tend to completely take over.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 7:10:52 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Yea I came down with something yesterday. I must have been having issues for awhile though because the other day I developed a cold sore. Then the cold started with a scratchy throat yesterday and had now progressed to full sinus and chest congestion. It''s not allergies, lol I wish. I was up all last night with a sore throat and no cough drops/medicine (who needs cough drops in August?). Sleep wasn''t happening. Then strangely one nostril started running followed by one eye. It was like I was full on crying but from just one side. The other was totally fine. So strange. So tonight I''m armed with nyquil and cough drops. Hopefully I''ll sleep because this week is just too busy to stay home from work.

HH - Sounds yucky!! I actually had the start of a cold sore a few days ago, but it seems to have gone down on its own. I also had something on my eyelid, kind of like a stye, a few days ago, but it has since unswelled as well for the most part. And my nose and eyes have been doing the same things as yours - eyes watering like crazy, one nostril getting really stopped up while one runs like crazy. How did you end up sleeping - did the meds help?

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
aww sucks, i hope everyone feels better soon! i am just getting over this too - sore throat, sinus pain, body aches, the works. unforch i''ve passed it on to my 7 mth old too now
40.gif

lots of REST and SLEEP to you all!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Yuck, maybe we have the same thing, because I''ve been laid up for 11 days now with this awful cold. I finally went to the dr. yesterday, and they confirmed it''s not swine flu, at least
emsmilep.gif
I keep passing it around between me, my son, and my husband. We''re in VA so I wonder if it''s the same thing since the OP mentioned that she''s also in the SE ...

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson, you''re outside of Boston right? You might actually have allergies as weird as it sounds. The pollen count is absolutely through the roof right now and if you are having sinus pressure and a sore throat with chest congestion, you might have a really bad case of post nasal drip. It can really kill your throat (it makes your tonsils red sometimes and feels worse than strep) and if you are lying down at night to sleep, it can give you chest congestion too. Have you tried a high powered OTC allergy med first? Or tylenol sinus the maximum strength one so it will really suck the sinus congestion out. And as for the throat, try to burn it off with some really hot tea and if your nose clears up with some meds and your throat feels better, then it was likely post nasal drip. I used to get really horrific allergies and also sinus infections as a kid and the only reason my throat ever hurt was because of the post nasal drip. I know it''s the most annoying symptom, so I thought I''d bring it up.

Feel better!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 4:13:54 PM
Author: cellososweet

Hudson, you''re outside of Boston right? You might actually have allergies as weird as it sounds. The pollen count is absolutely through the roof right now and if you are having sinus pressure and a sore throat with chest congestion, you might have a really bad case of post nasal drip. It can really kill your throat (it makes your tonsils red sometimes and feels worse than strep) and if you are lying down at night to sleep, it can give you chest congestion too. Have you tried a high powered OTC allergy med first? Or tylenol sinus the maximum strength one so it will really suck the sinus congestion out. And as for the throat, try to burn it off with some really hot tea and if your nose clears up with some meds and your throat feels better, then it was likely post nasal drip. I used to get really horrific allergies and also sinus infections as a kid and the only reason my throat ever hurt was because of the post nasal drip. I know it''s the most annoying symptom, so I thought I''d bring it up.

Feel better!
Hi cello - I just wanted to say thanks for posting this info. I''ve always thought I had a lot of drainage and sinus issues, and you just described a lot of the problems I''ve been having lately. I''ll keep some of these tips in mind. I''ve been trying to sleep with my head slightly elevated, and it seems to be helping a bit in the mornings, as my throat isn''t so sore. I was to the point earlier where I was waking up coughing during the night because of drainage - yucky allergies!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Cello, I''m in RI. I''m slowly recovering from my whatever it was. I suppose it could be allergies, but I was on allergy meds at the time. I was finally able to sleep with lots of Nyquil and I made it through the days with Advil sinus. I really think it was a summer cold. For one, I was up and drunk for basically an entire weekend. Then I got sick at the same time as getting a cold sore right in the middle of 3 very very busy and stressful weeks. So it''s no surprise that my immune system was compromised. I''m finally feeling better. My sore throat has resolved and my nasal/sinus stuff is diminishing every day. Hoepfully this will be the only bout I have this year!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 10:11:04 PM
Thanks Cello, I''m in RI. I''m slowly recovering from my whatever it was. I suppose it could be allergies, but I was on allergy meds at the time. I was finally able to sleep with lots of Nyquil and I made it through the days with Advil sinus. I really think it was a summer cold. For one, I was up and drunk for basically an entire weekend. Then I got sick at the same time as getting a cold sore right in the middle of 3 very very busy and stressful weeks. So it''s no surprise that my immune system was compromised. I''m finally feeling better. My sore throat has resolved and my nasal/sinus stuff is diminishing every day. Hoepfully this will be the only bout I have this year!

I LOVE Nyquil. So much so that I once wrote a fan letter to the company that makes it (Vicks?).
Anyway. Hope everyone feels better soon!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
There is a nasty viral upper respiratory crap going around. I have heard that alot of people at work has been calling out sick.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I had a pretty bad cold last week that I''m still getting over (and hoping it doesn''t turn into a sinus infection
7.gif
) I didn''t know anyone else who had a cold and FI and got it at exactly the same time which was weird ... I still don''t really know anyone else who has had it.

I hope you feel better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results