shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s everyone doing tonight to celebrate?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''re staying home, too. I am pretty happy to relax at home, actually! Back to work on Tuesday..ugh! Tomorrow is our big traditional southern New Year''s Day meal of pork chops, black-eyed peas, collard greens, stewed tomatoes, cornbread, etc. Luckily my hubby loves to cook when he has time, so he''ll do a lot of it!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
We are staying home. DH is cooking fried chicken, mashed potatoes, biscuits, gravy, and veggies for dinner. He owes me for cooking for 3 straight days when his parents came to stay with us at Christmas. DS is making Snickerdoodles for dessert. DH is also in a bourbon mood I guess. He has made 2 different drinks that BOTH gagged me....ewwwwwy! Too sour...I''ll stick to the eggnog! We have figured out that I am a sweet cocktail kind of girl since I keep telling him to add 7up and they will taste better. After we put DD to bed we''ll probably watch some Twilight Zone with the boys and ring in the new year east coast style...at 9 our time (west coast)! I have to say that I am so happy to be celebrating this way...Xmas left me more tired than usual this year.

Happy New Year Fellow PSers!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2006 7:18:23 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
And here is The Demon supervising the pizza process. I'm sure he's thinking, Man, you drop that thing and it's MINE!!!
I had to show my pizza too! Cheers. The one going in is my hubby's.
emotion-19.gif
I bet his pizza was yummy. Your golden is soooo cute!!!!

making pizza.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, deejay, that is the funniest picture! He''s just hoping that pizza will suddenly fall to the floor. Oooohh... that pizza looks delicious!!

kristydarling, I can''t believe your dog ate the gingerbread house! That is hilarious! Awwww... hope his tummy feels better.

My husband and I are out in Telluride, CO celebrating with my parents. We''re heading out in a few hours for dinner. we''re actually going to be at the same restaurant (and same room) where we had our wedding rehearsal dinner. We''ll be having dinner in a wine cellar - dinner is a five course chef''s tasting with wine pairings. Yum! DH and I did this a few years ago and it was fantastic! Then, at midnight, the entire town spills out onto the main street in front of the courthouse (this is a really small town - you can walk from one end to the other in less than 10 min). They usually have a band and everyone dresses up crazy and dances in the street. It''s wacky!

Happy New Year everyone! Have fun and be safe!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness! You all are making me hungry for pizza!!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol just had to say you guys are so cute with your pizzas!! i have made pizzas in the past and have a pizza stone but somehow they just never come out THAT good..so we just buy them, lol!! dj your hubby is a cutie, and a man that cooks...wowsa. i love when greg cooks for us..hehee.

we''re about to head out soon, everyone have a great evening whether you are going out or staying in!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to see your golden chowing down on some pizza!!!!! I vote for a doggy pizza pic.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
The 4 of us are back from a dinner out and a movie (Night at the Museum.....a nice family film). The young ones will help keep us up till midnight, I''m sure.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry Skippy, no pics of The Demon eating pizza, but here he is again hopefully wathching the happy hubby grating parmesean cheese on the stuffed mushroom caps that we''re taking to the black tie brunch that we need to be at by noon (yikes--it''s already 10:30!). We did grate some cheese on The Demon''s breakfast this morning so he wouldn''t feel totally left out, LOL.

KD, I told my husband about the gingerbread house. He was like, OMG, that poor lady--five houseguests for 12 days AND a sick dog. Tell her she can come and stay with us for a while if she needs to.

And Mara, the happy hubby does all of our cooking. He''s amazing! Right now he''s in a Spanish phase, but we just got off of several weeks of fantastic French cooking. No wonder I had to start going to the gym...

Happy first day of 2007 to everyone!

mushrooms0001.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
How cute demon is!!! His little ears are all perked up because he is thinking "hopefully some will fall my way." heee heee.
He is too cute
3.gif
I am glad he got some for breakfast!!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
We "sort of" stayed home. Our best friends (another married couple) live 3 miles from us, so we usually get together with them New Year''s Eve. It''s nice - no dressing up, just lounging around in comfy clothes!

We ordered take-out Chinese and had a little dessert (tiramisu, cookies, and brownies left over from my party the night before) and hang out. We cracked some champagne for the New Year and then watched Ice Age The Meltdown. A good time--comfortable and relaxing, ahhhhhhhhh---was had by all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results