shape
carat
color
clarity

what''s cooking on your BBQ grill this 4 th of July?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
18.gif
i want to check your menu
34.gif
before i come over.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
embeer.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha ha ha. We usually stay home, DF and being you are only one hour away from us, I would have invited you over.

We are going camping and taking our grandboys. Taking our 5th wheel and heading out.

My menu consists of:

Tri-tip
My special homemade potato salad
homemade pasta salad
green salad
and our friends bring veggies to bbq and dessert

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 3:02:35 PM
Author: Ellen
embeer.gif

We know what Ellen is doing on her vacation. tee hee!!!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well you can come on over DF, we always make some for leftovers.

Burgers
Chicken
baked beans
salad
corn
green beans
raspberry's for dessert
Wine

the burgers and chicken made on the charcoal grill, my favorite (sometimes we do gas but I like the charcoal taste better)
3.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Hamburgers and homemade icecream is all I know so far. Our friends have a condo right on the sand at the beach so we''ll enjoy a fireworks show and have a delicious dinner on their lovely balcony.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds wonderful Miranda. What a beautiful view too.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 4:04:44 PM
Author: Linda W
That sounds wonderful Miranda. What a beautiful view too.
9.gif
It should be so much fun! There will be quite a few kids (all well mannered thank goodness) so my kiddos are looking forward to it as well. I love being up at the condo instead of on the beach with the crowds! Though...I think I would skip my party to come eat some of your tri-tip! Yuuuuum! My favorite!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ours too
9.gif
I found this great marinade and I marinade it over night. It turns out sooooo tender. It is delicious. I''ll send you some.
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/1/2008 3:02:37 PM
ha ha ha ha. We usually stay home, DF and being you are only one hour away from us, I would have invited you over.

We are going camping and taking our grandboys. Taking our 5th wheel and heading out.

My menu consists of:

Tri-tip
My special homemade potato salad
homemade pasta salad
green salad
and our friends bring veggies to bbq and dessert
HI:

Linda, what do you put in your salad for make it "special"? I love PS and make it, but I don''t think I''ve tasted one salad from others that has ever been exactly the same.

cheers--Sharon

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 4:20:08 PM
Ours too
9.gif
I found this great marinade and I marinade it over night. It turns out sooooo tender. It is delicious. I''ll send you some.
36.gif
36.gif

Yes yes! Please do!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon LOL.

I call it "special" because that is what my hubby calls it. Here is how I make it.

potatoes
green onions
Best Food mayonnaise. I don''t use low cal or fat free or Miracle Whip, or Kraft
14.gif

a teeny tiny dab of sour cream
black sliced olives
salt
pepper
a touch of mustard (sometimes I substitue tiny slices of sweet pickles, but my hubby hates pickles)
diced celery
hard boiled eggs

Sometimes, I make it the German way, and use White Vinegar and put it on the potatoes, while they are still warm it gives the tang.

I can''t go to any event or party, without bringing this. All of our friends request this.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thanks Linda! I just might add black olives next time!!
18.gif

cheers--Sharon

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully not my mother or my FMIL. The families are metting for the first time on the holiday. Both are smart and stuborn. FMIL is bigger and younger, but my mom is faster and healthier, so its really a toss up who will kill who first.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/1/2008 4:00:54 PM
Author: Miranda
Hamburgers and homemade icecream is all I know so far. Our friends have a condo right on the sand at the beach so we''ll enjoy a fireworks show and have a delicious dinner on their lovely balcony.
mango please
18.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re not going to a BBQ this year. Instead, we''re going to a restaurant at the top of one of Boston''s most famous buildings. They''re having a special event planned for the 4th. They''re having passed hors d''oeuvres, a four course dinner, and then dancing. We''ll be able to see the fireworks, as well, and we''ll have a great view. We''re getting married next weekend, so we''re using the 4th as a way to have hors d''oeuvres (which we''ll probably miss at our wedding) and practice dancing. We''re looking forward to it. It''s not something we''d typically do, but we like that it''s something different.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Whatever is on the menu that looks good when I''m ordering. We''re going out of town for the weekend, and DH has made reservations so I can''t remember where we''re eating which night but it''s either French (how un-4th-of-Juliy-like) or steak/seafood.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
We''re going to smoke a big piece of salmon on a cedar pank on the grill :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2008 9:49:55 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Whatever is on the menu that looks good when I'm ordering. We're going out of town for the weekend, and DH has made reservations so I can't remember where we're eating which night but it's either French (how un-4th-of-Juliy-like) or steak/seafood.
please order me a rib eye steak & Australian lobster tail
18.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am working on the forth...but I had most of today off. I feel very accomplished.

I baked my first cake from scratch! Angel Food. I have to say, I am now in love with my Kitchen Aid mixer. Half will be for me and my BF (it is his favorite), and half will go to work with me.

Anyways, I am very pleased with myself
9.gif
. Thought I would share it with all of you as well.

IMG_0502_1.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 8:51:21 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
I am working on the forth...but I had most of today off. I feel very accomplished.

I baked my first cake from scratch! Angel Food. I have to say, I am now in love with my Kitchen Aid mixer. Half will be for me and my BF (it is his favorite), and half will go to work with me.

Anyways, I am very pleased with myself
9.gif
. Thought I would share it with all of you as well.
Oooh, that looks delish!! Great job!!!
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 1:29:49 AM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 7/1/2008 4:00:54 PM
Author: Miranda
mango please
18.gif
Ohhhhh...Mango! Now that sounds good! I made peach a few nights ago. It was deeeeeelicious! In honor of PS I think I will make lemon pie tomorrow, too! LOL!

For our pre 4th celebration tonight we had filet mignon, smashed potatoes, black eyed peas and stuffed mushrooms with carmel apples for dessert. I''m about to wash it all down with a nice pomtini. Yummy
18.gif
! That is so much more my speed than tomorrows burgers.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had planned the annual 4th party with the same set of friends & their families, but this year, my DH called them and found out TODAY that the couple who always are hosting the party are getting a divorce! They just decided last week to end it . . . so, we'll probably have a quick meal and go to an evening fire works show.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Tuna kbobs (with mushroom, red onion, tri color peppers and tomatoes) on the grill -
fruit salad and beets on the side - and I made a killer "4th cake" - white cake with orange zest, whipped cream/cream cheese frosting, and decorated it with blueberries and strawberries to make a flag :) It''s just the two of us, but the day off alone means time to celebrate!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
9.gif
LOL Dancing Fire!

We''re gonna give Trader Joes marinated leg of lamb a try on the BBQ tomorrow. I bought it on a whim wanting something really easy as its just the two of us and housecleaning tomorrow. I''ll let you know how it turns out if your interested.

Everyone is being so creative though makes me wish I was doing something more exciting. I love Tri-tip. YUM. ANd homemade icecream and fresh potato salad. You all are making me hungry!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results