shape
carat
color
clarity

What''s an ASG0 Princess?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been seeing this around everywhere. Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it is a princess cut that is graded ideal (0) by the ags lab. strict standards and light based performance grading allow only high quality cuts to receive the grade of ags0.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Belle,

I''ve always wanted to ask but never really came around to it...would you know which Pricescope diamond vendors sell these babies? Sorry to bother...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ries,
no bother at all! you can find a list of dealers at www.craftedbyinfinity.com also, i saw johnquixote mention recently that wf will be carrying their own line of aca ags0 princesses soon!
36.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the info. AND great news about Whiteflash. I love Whiteflash!

Hamster

Rough_Rock
I agree with what Belle said. Although you have to go by your own eye, they are some of the most beautiful princesses out there due to their excellent cut. The one that we eventually bought was far superior to all the other princesses I saw before that.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Great, thanks so much! Is there any way I see these diamonds in person, or is my only choice to order online?

Also, is this considered the best-cut princess, or are there other types that are just as dependably good?

Hamster

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/18/2005 2:09:55 AM
Author: peonygirl
Great, thanks so much! Is there any way I see these diamonds in person, or is my only choice to order online?

Also, is this considered the best-cut princess, or are there other types that are just as dependably good?
I think there are a few B&M vendors that carry them, but you can also deal with an online vendor who will send the stone for your approval before purchase. This is what we did - it was sent to an independent appraiser for my evaluation and an independent opinion. After inspecting the stone and getting the appraiser''s opinion, we decided to go ahead and purchase it.

We had done a lot of research and looking around prior to dealing with an internet vendor, which was helpful in determining the size, clarity, color, etc. that we were shooting for. I do have to say though that because of their superior cut, the AGS 0 princesses face up really white (so you might be able to go lower in color than you think).

As to whether they are the "best" princesses out there, its all a matter of opinion. However, as a consumer, I found the AGS 0 to be far superior than anything I had seen. The cut grading system for princesses is relatively new, so there are not a lot of stones out there that have gone through the evaluation process. So it is possible that there are non-AGS 0 stones out there that could be graded an AGS0 if they were went to AGS for grading.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results