shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you wear with these shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again! I bought these shoes yesterday with no idea where I will wear them. I think I''d like to wear them to our rehearsal dinner in 3 weeks, but I''m kinda new to wearing fun clothes/shoes. Do any of you ladies have any suggestions of what you would wear with these shoes that would be appropriate for a rehearsal dinner? (Or really, what should I wear with these shoes period?)

Thank you!

nclrgirl_shoes3.jpg

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking possibly this dress. Any opinions?

nclrgirl_dress1.JPG

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooh, they''re cute!!! I love them :)

I think they''d look awesome with a pair of jeans (white or blue) but not sure if that''s too casual for your rehearsal dinner.

Maybe a white summer dress with some red ribbon trim, sash or detailing?

x x x

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
nclrgirl, what ended up happening with your old job? I remember you were feeling bullied...did you get that resolved?

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
darn it! I posted on the wrong thread.

LOVE the shoes though!
9.gif
Wish I could be of more help but I suck at fashion...it''s seriously pathetic. haha

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 10:30:01 PM
Author: Cleo
Ooooooh, they''re cute!!! I love them :)

I think they''d look awesome with a pair of jeans (white or blue) but not sure if that''s too casual for your rehearsal dinner.

Maybe a white summer dress with some red ribbon trim, sash or detailing?

x x x
Oh Cleo! I love the idea of a white dress with red trim!!!!

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 10:32:22 PM
Author: luckystar112
darn it! I posted on the wrong thread.

LOVE the shoes though!
9.gif
Wish I could be of more help but I suck at fashion...it''s seriously pathetic. haha
Ha ha lucky! I do too! That''s why I have to post here and hope people will tell me what to wear with my shoes!
1.gif

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 10:31:17 PM
nclrgirl, what ended up happening with your old job? I remember you were feeling bullied...did you get that resolved?
Hi again lucky! I''m thinking you''re referring to the HR drama. I just ended up giving in. It was turning into a much bigger deal than it ever should have been. It just wasn''t worth it. They kinda screwed me over more even after I gave in, but I start my new job next week, so I''m excited to move on. (Excuse the language..I couldn''t think of a nicer way to say it!)

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Well I''m excited for you too! I''m sure your new job is going to be fantastic!
1.gif

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 10:42:22 PM
Well I''m excited for you too! I''m sure your new job is going to be fantastic!
1.gif
You are too sweet! Thank you so much!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
I like that combination you have up!

I love anything blue... and those shoes are too cute!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like a lot of color, so keep that in mind...

So I would probably not pair those shoes up with that dress, as I would find the combination too colorful/bright. For me, I would pair them with something neutral or with a not-bright color, and probably solid. I would LOVE those shoes with a pair of really dark jeans, too. In other words I would make those shoes the "star" of the outfit and leave everything else more subtle.

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 11:20:09 PM
Author: LuckyTexan
I like that combination you have up!

I love anything blue... and those shoes are too cute!
Thanks LuckyTexan! I''m a huge fan of blue as well! I''m always drawn to it first..

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 11:41:03 PM
Author: claudinam
I don''t like a lot of color, so keep that in mind...

So I would probably not pair those shoes up with that dress, as I would find the combination too colorful/bright. For me, I would pair them with something neutral or with a not-bright color, and probably solid. I would LOVE those shoes with a pair of really dark jeans, too. In other words I would make those shoes the ''star'' of the outfit and leave everything else more subtle.
Claudinam, I really appreciate your input! What color solid would you recommend? White? Black? It''s great to hear a different perspective. Thanks so much!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course it''s always best to try everything on, sometimes things you don''t think might work, work beautifully...

White is always an option but would probably be my least favorite combination (maybe a little too expected?)...black might be interesting, I would definitely try that...I think beige could work too...it depends on the material, too...I find that khaki pants, for example, look best with other more neutral/not too bright colors...otherwise it looks unbalanced...

I also think if you''re talking dresses you have a lot more leeway than if the material is touching/covering the shoe. In other words if there''s a bit of leg in between it''s easier to find colors to look good with the shoes.

I do want to tell you, that even though the blue dress/shoe combo isn''t right for me, I do think it''s an INTERESTING combination. There is something about it that "works". That said - I think it''s so much color I couldn''t even begin to guess the purse color you''d want to pair with it. But I do think some people can DEFINITELY pull it off.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh! I actually LOVE the first one!

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks OUPear! I love # 1 and # 3!

Claud, thanks for your advice!

I guess I have some shopping to do...
9.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I love those shoes!! I would have bought those today if I would have seen them.
31.gif

They will go well with so many things. Jeans or dress (just like that first red one), skirts.....good find!!
36.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red skirt, white shirt (maybe a button-down). You could even wear them to work that way!
9.gif

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 1:13:02 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Love the shoes.... I''d wear them with a red pencil skirt. How completely darling.
SDL, Thank you so much! I love the idea of a red pencil skirt! I''m definitely doing some shopping on Friday..

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 10:11:27 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Red skirt, white shirt (maybe a button-down). You could even wear them to work that way!
9.gif
36.gif

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh they''re so cool. I love them.
Yes with that dress but also yes with jeans and a cute top of any color that is in those shoes.
Cream, red, blue.
I have some shoes that are similar in the floral pattern and they are always my "go to" shoes.
Love them.
36.gif

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Are they Steve Madden by chance?

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
sorry don''t know how to post more than one pic.
but for a casual everyday outfit,
This top

banana top blue.jpg

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
wishful, Thanks for your input! They are Chinese Laundry.

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
And these pants

banana jeans.jpg

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 12:29:41 PM
Author: wishful
sorry don''t know how to post more than one pic.
but for a casual everyday outfit,
This top
Oooo! I like that. Where did you find it?

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
FYI the banana republic top comes in red too.
2.gif

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results