shape
carat
color
clarity

what would you say in this situation? ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a friend of mine show me her E-ring and ask me what i think. she been marry to him for about 7 yrs now. anyway....i''am 90% sure the diamond is a "fake" sooo...what would you say in this situation? tell the truth?
9.gif
lie?
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It depends on whether I think she wants the truth or a compliment, and how close we are. But most likely I''d just say "I think it''s perfect for you."

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would tell her that she should have it appraised for insurance purposes. After all what if something happened to that beautiful ring!
2.gif
That way I wouldn''t be the one to have to tell her it''s not real.

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Ditto Catmom!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thritto-ing Catmom and HairGirl95 - this is one situation you do *not* want to be in the middle of!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 5:31:09 PM
Author: Circe
Thritto-ing Catmom and HairGirl95 - this is one situation you do *not* want to be in the middle of!
Quadritto. Stay clear from this one.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just curious, why do you think it''s fake?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s not your business to say anything.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2008 5:36:07 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Just curious, why do you think it''s fake?
three reasons....
he bought it in China. a big no,no
38.gif

just don''t look natural.
the sparkles are dark green like a type of CZ that i have seen in the pass.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2008 6:40:31 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 6/21/2008 3:41:34 PM
Author: KimberlyH
It depends on whether I think she wants the truth or a compliment, and how close we are. But most likely I''d just say ''I think it''s perfect for you.''
THIS IS SO PERFECT! Smarrrrt!!!
in other words....LIE !
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you repeating all your old threads?!?!? This seems rather familiar.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, tough situation. Well, assuming it''s fake, there are two possibilities.

1. She knows it''s fake and is testing your expert eyes to see if it passes the test.
2. She has no idea it''s fake.

Either way, I echo the ladies who say you should urge her to get it appraised. If it is, indeed a fake, she would find out that way. It''s inevitable, isn''t it? When she goes shopping for bands, some jewelers may pipe up. Don''t CZs or other synthetics get all junky after a month or so? Ooof. Tough situation. It''s just like that other situation -- you see your friend''s husband at a restaurant with another woman. You''re not sure they''re having an affair but they look awfully close. Do you tell your friend? She might know. Tough tough situation. If it were a true friend, and I had the expertise, I would inspect the stone to tell her. I would want to know if my stone were not real. I''d rather hear it from a trusted friend who cares than some random jeweler shocking the heck out of me while out on a bling shopping trip.
32.gif
Poor woman!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Catmom''s idea! She''s very wise!
9.gif

You know, this reminds me of a situation my Mom had once. To make a very long story short, she was married to a horrible, horrible man for about 14 years. When they got engaged, he gave her a solitaire engagement ring with a pear-shaped stone of about 1/2 carat. She loved that ring. Well, she was at work one day, and the stone fell out of the ring!!! She was at her desk at the time, and she heard it hit the tile floor. She and about five other people in her office proceeded to spend who knows how long on their hands and knees searching for that thing. They finally did find it, and she took the ring to a jeweler to have the "diamond" remounted. The jeweler remounted it, and said to her, "You do know this is a CZ, right?" Of course, she DIDN''T know, but my Mom played it off like she did. She felt like such a fool for trying so hard to find that "diamond" when it fell out of her ring.
15.gif

I would just hate for your friend to have something like that happen and find out that way!
38.gif

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think might happen as a consequence of her finding out?

What is the overall goal here? What do you want to come of this?

Just curious...
35.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2008 8:33:55 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Are you repeating all your old threads?!?!? This seems rather familiar.
this happen about two months ago.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2008 8:37:39 PM
Author: Bliss
Whoa, tough situation. Well, assuming it''s fake, there are two possibilities.

1. She knows it''s fake and is testing your expert eyes to see if it passes the test.
2. She has no idea it''s fake.

Either way, I echo the ladies who say you should urge her to get it appraised. If it is, indeed a fake, she would find out that way. It''s inevitable, isn''t it? When she goes shopping for bands, some jewelers may pipe up. Don''t CZs or other synthetics get all junky after a month or so? Ooof. Tough situation. It''s just like that other situation -- you see your friend''s husband at a restaurant with another woman. You''re not sure they''re having an affair but they look awfully close. Do you tell your friend? She might know. Tough tough situation. If it were a true friend, and I had the expertise, I would inspect the stone to tell her. I would want to know if my stone were not real. I''d rather hear it from a trusted friend who cares than some random jeweler shocking the heck out of me while out on a bling shopping trip.
32.gif
Poor woman!
most likely #2. all i said was OooH and handed back to her.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would say the same thing I say when someone show me their i2 diamond with a huge carbon spot.

Nice, It means a lot to you...
Then they usually tell a story involving the ring.
Either picking it out story or the proposal story and then I say kewl.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
My coworker recently returned from a weekend trip with her LDR boyfriend with an engagement ring. It is obviously a CZ, and a pretty darn bad one at that. I took her hand, smiled geniunely, told her it was a lovely ring and that she must be very happy.

Why would anyone think it was their place to do anything else? I see drek diamonds all the time, ugly settings from the 80''s, you name it. I still smile and say it''s lovely. If your friend was showing you a new dress her husband bought her and you thought it made her look like a streetwalker, would you tell her
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results