shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you like to see on a wedding webpage?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rfath

Shiny_Rock
So I''ve started gathering information for my OOT guests for their reference about my wedding details. It''ll be a webpage that they can all access. I''m not sure what information I should include for them... so far I''ve got:
- wedding location, time, information about the formality and the venue
- hotel information for hotels near the venue
- a list of places to go in and around Boston (as well as some links for them to search for other things to do, discounts, and public transportation information)
- directions to get to Boston and the suburb the wedding will be in
- (maybe) registry information

What else would you want to see? What don''t you like to see?

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Egagement Pictures

maybe links to mapquest for directions/maps between venues.

i would put registry info - i was a MOH and i can''t tell you how many people kept calling/emailing to ask me.

maybe how you guys met

how he proposed

good places to eat!

maybe rental car info? i dunno...

Erin

Ideal_Rock
info on the parents

info on the MOH and BM

pictures of the venues - recognizable while driving

pictures, pictures, pictures

rfath

Shiny_Rock
great ideas! Thanks! Anything else?

I really probably should get some engagement pictures taken...

njc

Brilliant_Rock
DEFINATELY the registry info... thats the whole reason im creating a site!

Suggestions of where to eat are good--and a small description. Cheap sandwiches... family friendly... close to hotel... great beer selection... etc

Venue pictures are a good idea too. Its always easier to know where you are going when you know what it looks like!

If there are any parking restrictions at the venues... suggestions of where to park... how much parking meters or parking garages cost... if parking is hard to find, mention that so people know to come earlier.

Think a little personal info is good too. How much ever you are comfortable with! Definatly the proposal story and the pic of your "ring bearer"!
9.gif

And later after you send out the invitations you could put up a reminder of when RSVPs are due!

A guest book might be fun too. Everyone could write how excited they are to come etc.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
theres a site called weddingwindow.com that does wedding sites for a fee, but you can browse the site for ideas for free! i really like some of their designs and I''m trying to do some of my own html and design my own site... but anyhoo hope this helps!

rfath

Shiny_Rock
more great ideas! Thanks SO much!

I''m still working on getting fiance out to start a registry. He''s not terribly keen on the idea. I''ll have to drag out the pictures of the random things that his friend got for his wedding (even *with* a registry) and threaten him some more.

I''m fortunate that my sister (a graphic designer) has offered to design the website for us... it scares me a teeny bit since I''m not quite sure what she''s got in mind and we''ve gotten into a disagreement over the invitations she''s offered to design as well (only because she insists that they should be a surprise...uhh... eek?). I suppose I can always hack the html and make some edits...

Right! On to the restaurant list! I''m SURE this''ll require more, uh... research. I''ll just have to get out there and try more restaurants (oh, DARN!).

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Here is a site of my BF''s friend & his fiancee. Its pretty detailed. I''ll definitely be doing one of these. And here is another girl I know.

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
Here''s a link to my friend''s website -- www.joshandjoanna.org. I really liked theirs. But, I LOVE Appletini''s bf''s friends'' website!!! That was so great!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
wcitygirl: i love your friend''s proposal story how it has the girl and guy''s version!

rfath

Shiny_Rock
those''re great websites! So many new ideas!

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Appletini: love your bf''s friends'' wedding website - has the same color as your avatar green

Wcitygirl: love the 2 different proposal stories - he is so dramatic - simply love it

isn''t it cute how boys can get so lost at some situations - both lovely couples too!!!

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
They''re such a funny couple that it was only representative of them to have the he said/she said. AND their wedding was GORGEOUS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results