shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, John''s asked me for some present suggestions for my birthday (Labor Day weekend)... with no guarantees that he''ll actually get me anything off the suggestions list (he thinks this is keeping the mystery alive
18.gif
)

I''m not sure how much he wants to spend.

So how about suggestions at 100-450 dollars.

He wants to get me ''ear bling'' this year, either for my B-day or for chistmas... so I thought these might be nice for 450 in 14K.

I like these too: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/honora-jewelry/earrings/05Z2/24/

These are too thin, I think: http://www.jamesallen.com/products/item_410-112.asp

A nice colored stone would be lovely too. Or a pendant. Dont'' know.

Doesn''t have to be jewelry... that''s just where my mind is.... what would you have on your "list"???

Any and all ideas appreciated.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I like the shape of JA''s the best, but you can''t go wrong with WF''s ACA melee!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The JA style looks the cutest. They don''t mention anything about cut or clarity, though, which leaves that to be a bit of a mystery. The WF ones may sparkle the most, but I don''t like the style.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about Roberto Coin like MC''s pretty pendant?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 11:58:50 PM
Author: Skippy123
What about Roberto Coin like MC''s pretty pendant?
Hm... intriguing... link?
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, you found the links. I was just hunting, but for some reason couldn''t find them. Must be time to go to bed.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the pendant! But do they come in different shapes? I''m not a really palm tree type of gal. I''m feel, like I''m masquerading as someone much more fun and hip than I really am. LOL.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Out of the three, I like the James Allen ones the best.

On my list this year are some rainbow sapphire earrings (or maybe a ring or pendant... something rainbow anyway, I love color
1.gif
)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, there are tons of styles to fit nearly every personality. Many more are available than those in this picture here. Many of them come in different carat weights, too, like the Palm tree comes in a larger size along with the .17 I have.

rcoincollection2.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The flower is really cute. That is another RC pendant I''d love to own. The salty pretzel is cute too. butterfly17 has that one! I wish I could buy them all
9.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
How fun! I wish I could get my husband to buy me jewelry gifts but he'd much rather buy me practical gifts.
20.gif

The RC flower pendant is cute. I also like this WF flower cluster diamond pendant. AmberGretchen has this pendant. I'm not sure if you noticed it at the GTG.

I like the look of the JA hoop earrings but I agree with you that they are too thin. I would prefer the WF pair over those since they are a little over 2mm (more than double the width) and you can't go wrong with ACA's.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, I really like the RC flower pendant! The WF earrings are a nice choice too!

You and I both have our birthdays on Labor Day weekend! How wonderful that you have a sweet guy who''d surprise you with jewelry for your special day! I rarely receive jewelry as a b-day gift. (I''ll admit, though, that I''ve treated myself to an early present this year.
31.gif
I''ve wanted a Citizen Eco-Drive watch for a long time and finally decided to go for it.)

Hope you''ll have a lovely birthday and get the gift from the top of your wish list!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love a pair of ultra thin hoops, so I''d pick JA''s.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC-- they are really cute! Thanks to you and Skippy for the suggestions.

Luckystar-- those are pretty! I''m actually thinking of just purchasing the Belleirina setting and a colored stone though. I love that setting. And could eventually trade out an inexpensive colored stone for a diamond.
31.gif

Snlee... John doesn''t believe in practical gifts for me. If I want something practical I usually have to negotiate for it. Strange but true. I''m agreeing with you on JA being too thin. I still prefer the WF ones. Although honestly my first choice is for a pair of scattered diamond huggies like the ones we were discussing the possibility of in the WF thread. I did see Amber''s pendant and it was lovely. It''s very similar to one my grandmother has though, and I borrow it sometimes, so I''d rather get something a little different.

Singingbell-- That is great! I need a watch, a nice everyday one, actually. I''ve been eyeing the Coach Madison watch for a while. It''s made by Movado, looks good on my wrist, its got a classic style that I really like and I feel works well for everyday, plus it''s not too flashy and it''s affordable.

Ellen, I have this weird fear of them getting tangled in my long hair and then ripping out of my ear when they are that thin. Weird huh?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also wouldn''t mind a nice wallet or a new brown purse. Any suggestions on that front?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the JA hoops. Also then you could add charms (Ann posted some pretties a while back). I think hoops/dangly earrings are SO flattering to the face.

A new purse WOULD be fun though!!!!

ETA: I really like that coach watch you posted! Seems like a style that would go with everything.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,
Ooooh, so many fun possibilities!!! Just throwing something else into the mix... but what about some fun sterling silver T&Co piece?! I always think those are verra, VERRRRA fun!
2.gif

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy, I *love* the Coach watch you posted! The rectangular design is so elegant! It reminds me of the Citizen Eco-Drive Petite Palidoro which is one of my favorite Eco-Drive styles.

There''s also the Cartier Tank Francaise.
9.gif
Not quite within the price range you specified, I know... But talk about a classic! I recently saw it at the Cartier store in NYC, and now it''s my ultimate, when-I-win-the-lottery dream watch.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results