shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What would you do: If you witnessed some idiots chucking a pumpkin over the side of their second story balcony?

I was taking FF to work, and just as we had pulled out of our parking lot (we live in a 21 unit condominium place) I saw something flying through the air out of the corner of my eye. Lo and behold, as I look over there, there is now a broken pumpkin in the middle of the road. And two people (I'm thinking boys) ducking behind the balcony wall. Their apartment complex is one that was bought over a year ago, the owner tried to turn them into condos, and instead went bankrupt in the current housing crisis (he was really stupid about the way he went about converting the condos in the first place) and so now it's back to being apartments, and unfortunately it seems as though a bunch of stupid college students have moved in, and it's like a really big frat house most of the time. I'd say there are about 100 units over there.

Another thing to consider, they have limited parking, so they have been having their residents park up and down both sides of the street in front of our condo--which is where our guests are supposed to park if we don't have room in our parking lot. Plus we have a developmentally disabled resident who lives here, who is allowed to drive, but shouldn't be, and she is DANGEROUS in her vehicle, and while I'm normally afraid to see her car on the streets, when the street is half as wide as normal (at best), it's a bit terrifying.

My considerations include (keep in mind I'm the mischievous type):

a) talking to the apartment building manager (about both subjects)
b) tossing something random into their balcony (pumpkins boys)
c) leaving a note that says that they need to clean it up, or I tell the apartment manager (pumpkin boys)
d) nothing (boring)
e) leaving something random in front of their front door (pumpkin boys)
f) something else
g) call the Party Patrol tonight or tomorrow night when the street will be full, and there will be a bunch of drunk college students roaming around (parking issue)

Seriously, what kind of idiot throws a pumpkin off of his balcony where you can easily figure out who threw it WITHOUT witnesses????

Included image has:
1 large orange spot where pumpkin boys live.
1 cluster of small orange spots where the pumpkin is currently residing
several blue lines to represent where the stupid cars are parking

And does anyone know about parking regulations on residential roads?

Thanks for listening to my vent if nothing else!!!

Aerial view of condo.JPG

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a CALL THE POPOS type of person when it gets loud/lots of partiers in your neighborhood.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
If their apartment manager is anything like my association manager, then telling them won''t mean anything.

As JulieN, I too would call 5-0.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I personally would call the 5-0 but how funny would it be to leave the random thing on their doorstep. All I can think is of going out and grabbing poo out of my horses'' stalls!

hibiscus

Shiny_Rock
Is it Fall yet? Freke, just post "I saw what you did this summer". I think you should do everything except "d"
emotion-5.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d probably leave a note for them. It might stop them.

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Freke: Call the cops on the boys about the punpkin, i dentify the balcony that it came from ect...

As for the cars on the street, do you have By-Law officers where you are? You call them tell them the cars are blcoking the road in an un-safe manor and ussally they'll come out and ticket the cars AND have them towed away. So big $$ to get the car out of impound AND a ticket on top of that.. should teach them a lesson.

I too am evil...
11.gif

ETA: Google says By-Law Officers are called "Code Enforcement Officer" or "Municipal Regulations Officers" in the US..

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any real advice, as most of it''s been covered here, but I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your visual aid, and I''m HONORED that you put that much effort into a post!
2.gif

It very much helped!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''d pack heat in the form of eggs and go looking for the f***ers! Hee hee just kidding - sort of.

In all honesty I''d knock on the door and tell the parents. This is of course assuming we are talking about minor ''boys''. They would be warned that the police would be called if there were any more pumpkins (or anything else) thrown or found smashed anywhere! I''d also notify my apartment manager and theirs before talking to the parents.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke,

Love your picture. I would tell the parents and the manager.

You should see our streets after Halloween. The teenagers make a mess
14.gif
Thrown pumpkins everywhere.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 3:45:47 PM
Author: Linda W
Freke,

Love your picture. I would tell the parents and the manager.

You should see our streets after Halloween. The teenagers make a mess
14.gif
Thrown pumpkins everywhere.
Linda - Have you ever heard of a potato launcher? I''d sit on my porch holding one! The little buggers would never throw another pumpkin again once a spud came whizzing past them. Of course I''m not encouraging you to blast the kids with the potato. That wouldn''t be very nice at all!
9.gif
I do think they can hurt people. So if supa grannie gets one, she needs to be careful with it!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA Miranda, No I never heard of those. The teenagers must make the mess in the middle of the night. We wake up in the morning and most of the streets are a big fat mess
14.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
and if there is anything that bugs me the most, is when teenagers come knocking at our house trick or treating. Phooey!!!
14.gif
They usually have a big pillow case they use for their Halloween stash.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Miss Linda - I just talked to DH. He warned that potato launchers are dangerous and probably not even legal. His suggestion is using the high pressure hose on the naughty teenagers. What the heck is wrong with these kids. Why the need to be deviant? If I ever found out my boys were doing something destructive....................................................................................

I feel the same way about the old trick or treaters. I give them ONE tiny piece when they come to the door. When you can drive and your voice has changed, it''s time to just say no to trick or treating. I am always tempted to answer the door and say TRICK to them and shut it fast!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha ha ha, I do the same thing. We give them one teeny tiny piece. They say is that all? Geez.

I give the little ones a handful
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 4:10:43 PM
Author: Linda W
Ha ha ha, I do the same thing. We give them one teeny tiny piece. They say is that all? Geez.

I give the little ones a handful
9.gif
Me too!
9.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yep. I do not hesitate to call the cops if people are acting inappropriately (not just being silly, but anything that can be harmful/unsafe to others, or disrupting my sleep). You should check with the city about parking on residential streets too. Once someone really gets on my bad side, I won''t hesitate to mess with them any way I can... Legally.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been laughing at all of your answers....I'm mad that there isn't a felony for being stupid.
10.gif
I think that the next time there are a bunch of people/cars out there, and music and some drinking going on, the Po-Po are going to get called.

When I went back out to go pick up FF from work, the street was clear. So...I'm considering taking a picture of a pumpkin, and writing (or newspapering) a note on the back that says, "I know what you did last Friday." And then deliver it sometime next week.
9.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 10:01:05 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I''ve been laughing at all of your answers....I''m mad that there isn''t a felony for being stupid.
10.gif
I think that the next time there are a bunch of people/cars out there, and music and some drinking going on, the Po-Po are going to get called.

When I went back out to go pick up FF from work, the street was clear. So...I''m considering taking a picture of a pumpkin, and writing (or newspapering) a note on the back that says, ''I know what you did last Friday.'' And then deliver it sometime next week.
9.gif
Ha ha...thats something i would do. then put a pumpkin by their door weekly with different faces and a notes--you killed my brother...revenge...lol i''d call the popo next time there is a "disturbance'' or the 311 to report any car issues.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Lol
25.gif
I like your plan

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hee hee hee...I do what I can...

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''m boring...I''d do nothing, just wait until they''re having a all-out drunk party and then call the cops as I gleefully watch everyone flee.

You know, I''ve never smashed a pumpkin (but I love the music..sorry, couldn''t resist). Is it fun? I don''t get the weird smashing pumpkins phenomenon, especially if you buy your own. Those things get expensive when they add up.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know El, I told my mom about it, and she said, "I bet their poor mother worked hard to make money to buy that pumpkin, and they just go and throw it away."

And she''s probably right. And those suckers do get expensive, even at $1 a pound!

And I love The Smashing Pumpkins. They were better in the 90s, but I''m glad Billy Corgan is still making music...

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
The Smashing Pumpkins came here a month or two ago...DH and I saw signs outside a bar but we thought they were a joke because yanno, who is left other than Corrigan?! But still. Good music - nothing says 90''s to me like 1979 :)

I put pumpkins outside of our house and I feel like I''m probably just asking for some drunk college kid (we live on the periphery of a small private college) to throw ''em in the street. And when it happens, I''m going to be ticked as heck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results