shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do? ie eloping vs wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2008 11:44:32 AM
Author: sctsbride09
neatfreak- You know, I am such a compulsive worry wort/people pleaser (sheesh bad combo huh), that sometimes I just forget to take a breather and hash things out with my fi. He is and always has been, the only person that can calm me down when Im stressed. And I have to admit, it is nice to had over the reins sometimes. I just feel bad by burdening him with this since he has been working 14 hour days right now...

loves vintage- we had originally talked about just immediate family (like 5 people or so) coming with us to oahu to be married. But the more problems that continue to arise, we talk (secretly
11.gif
) of how we would love to go ALONE to maui and be married on the beach.We both would rather be married this way, we feel marriage is a personal commitment to EACH OTHER and the wedding is a show for others. hope im not offending anyone reading this, weddings are lovely just not for me the more I think about it. I just want to concentrate on my new husband that day, not entertaining people. what made you and your hubby decide to elope?
We eloped for very similar reasons to yours. We wanted our wedding to be about our commitment to one another. We wanted it to be beautiful and special for us. Our family situation is much different than yours. His parents have both passed and my father died when I was very young. My mother was a bit hurt by our decision, but she was very accepting of it after a little time passed. Everyone knew we were getting married beforehand, so it wasn''t a true elopement.

I think it is very wise for you and your FI to take ownership of your wedding now. No matter how difficult your FMIL may be, this really isn''t about her. Hopefully, she will learn to accept that fact sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results