shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you buy for man''s 40th?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''ve got this fantastic idea to buy my man a beautiful piece of jewellery for his 40th birthday...but at various times, he tells me not to bother!
23.gif

I am *still* stuck on my original idea, but I wish I could come up with something that he would totally love love love...
I think he would grow to love my present, but... well, what would you buy your husband for his 40th birthday?
I want to make something of his birthday, as he''s really feeling the psychological impact of the birthday as well!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does he have a nice watch? If already has a nice sporty metal band type watch, you could get him a great dress watch with a leather strap, or vice versa. I think a watch is a great men''s gift because it''s not really too jewelry like.

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I think a nice watch is a great idea.

My husband will be 40 in 4 more years, and at this point I think I''m going to take him on a trip. Someplace he''s always wanted to see.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
We went on a trip a few weeks before his birthday and then to a baseball game on the day of. My DH isn''t a big fan of birthdays, but he loves to travel and he loves baseball, so the way we celebrated was perfect for him. Perhaps you could plan something as a couple as it sounds like the upcoming day is affecting him negatively, and save the watch for some other special occasion?

portia

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my hubby a Rado watch for his 40th. We were on vacation over his b-day and I arranged to have a window table at one of our favorite mountain top restaurants. I gave it to him after dinner. He was so surprised and loves his watch.

Taking a trip somewhere or getting tickets to a favorite sporting event, concert, etc. are also great ideas.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hubby''s turning 40 in a year and a half, so I thought about your question for a bit.

Here''s what I''m thinking I will definitely do for him:
Throw a big, fat surprise party. He loves having all his friends over, and although he doesn''t love being the center of attentions, he''s really enjoyed his big birthday get-togethers in the past.

Here are some ideas for his gift:
- A weekend biking trip with some (2, 3?) buddies to Utah or some other place with great mountain biking.
- Concert tickets for DH and some friends if his favorite bands are in town.

Something experiential that he would love, if I can scrape enough money together maybe I''ll take him away on a surprise mini-vacation.

The best gift I ever got him is an autographed electric guitar by his favorite band (Rush).

Good luck!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
My 38th birthday was a Rolex and my 40th was a gold neckchain...all about the jewelry...a time piece is a personal and great way to go on the 40th...get him a quality time piece that has a quality movement that can become an heirloom for one of your children someday.A personal item like a watch or ring is best in my opinion because it can be worn and enjoyed everyday.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2008 9:56:05 PM
Author: jewelerman
My 38th birthday was a Rolex and my 40th was a gold neckchain...all about the jewelry...a time piece is a personal and great way to go on the 40th...get him a quality time piece that has a quality movement that can become an heirloom for one of your children someday.A personal item like a watch or ring is best in my opinion because it can be worn and enjoyed everyday.

Just goes to show you how different everyone is--my hubby hates getting "things" as gifts, he much prefers experiences!

An item that can become an heirloom is a fabulous idea, I love that.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2008 9:56:05 PM
Author: jewelerman
Well I agree with you Jewelerman, and remember discussing my *present concept* with you in another thread as well!
Nothing would please me more than presenting him with this present, it captures my feelings for him perfectly (for me) lol

This guy is HARD to buy for...he is a vet, and because of this, he dislikes wearing jewellery as he is constantly removing all items for surgery hygiene... I mean, I think he could get away with a ring, other male vets do, (as long as it doesn't pierce the glove...)
But for that reason, a watch is not a high priority for him! I know! I know!
25.gif
20.gif

He currently does not wear any jewellery, not even a wedding ring.
He is a philistine...( a loveable one)
Actually I'm thinking about taking a leaf out of San Diego Lady's book, and maybe buying him a game fishing experience, a week long one... that sounds good for a philistine, doesn't it?!!!

Thank you so much for your responses everyone, I really appreciate it.

L.

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
I took my guy for a hot air balloon ride! and then out to a nice dinner. He loved it and it was a unique experience he will remember for a lifetime.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
my hub is turning 40 in two weeks so we are having a hosted party for him at a restaurant/lounge with all our friends, and then my gift to him is a tropical vacation for us in October. he dislikes material goodies, so this is perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results