shape
carat
color
clarity

What Would YOU Be Doing With Your Time

hisspecialk

Rough_Rock
Trade
So. . Here I am. . wondering when the day will be.
Ring shopping done (check)
Personal Pre Engagement Check list (completed)

We are at the point where my SO is adamant about me NOT knowing anything about the when, who, where or what of his proposal .. the only thing he has said is it will for sure be before the end of the year. Ok. . I can deal with that. .but now. . .I am thinking is there something I should be doing??

*checking out potential locations
*checking out potential vendors
*getting my ideas together

We have decided to go to pre engagement counseling and focus on improving our communication (some of you may be familiar with some concerns I voiced before about silent treatments and us kind of shutting down around big topics) we discussed it and agree that a professional helping us find better ways to communicate and get thru possible disagreements would be great. . . so we are waiting until the kids are out of school (early June) to start. . soooooo we are on path

I personally am starting a photography class (always wanted to) and am feeling in a good place. ..

What do you guys do??
9.gif

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
I think you have to ask yourself if looking at vendors, dresses, magazines is going to make you feel prepared and productive or just stressed out over not having a ring on your finger. If you anticipate a really short engagement, then maybe it makes sense to start checking these things out. But if not, pursue your hobbies, spend time with your kids, and go on some fun dates with your boyfriend. The end of the year will be here before you know it.

hisspecialk

Rough_Rock
Trade
short engagement . .when i tell him it takes a year to plan a wedding he''s like "why?" and starts naming people who were engaged for far less prior to the wedding. . . .soooooooo i am actually trying to include all those things you mentioned.. . he and i have started working out together, photography is about to be my hobby (taking that class). . ..i think that looking at those things is doing a mixture of both .. i love lookign and adding sites to my favorites and writing things down because it makes me feel prepared but at the same time i look at my finger like. ."oh what am i doing ??!!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
congrats on making the decision to see a couple''s counsellor. I think it depends on how you will react to checking out vendors/locations as to whether you should start right away.

hisspecialk

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks Maevie .. . ok. . .I probably should wait a min . i''ll still check online and get ideas but I won''t actually go out and look at places yet. .. i can be kind of a planning fanatic. . .so thanks much! =)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Right now my plan is to watch "Pride and Prejudice" as many times as I can.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''m doing the counseling thing too-- mostly single though. i just want to make sure i don''t make the same mistakes with my SO than i made in previous relationships.

i''m not doing any wedding planning yet-- i really just want the engagement to start and to stay in the moment. i''ve been married before and personally i think planning a wedding is a pain in the booty ;-)

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I do preliminary research, and I share all of my ideas with my SO. We haven''t made any firm plans yet, and I don''t anticipate doing so until we are officially engaged. Proceed with caution- if you''re going to go crazy with planning and he''s not ready for it, this is a recipe for disaster
14.gif

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
I get anxious about planning too. I spend FAR too much time looking at wedding venues, florists, etc :) But I think I need to stop because i am not engaged yet! haha although it is fun to look, I think it will be more fun when I can start planning for real! I think it may stress you out to start looking and falling in love with vendors but then not really get to book them. I think it is better to wait :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results