shape
carat
color
clarity

What were your favorite T.V. shows growing up?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Home Improvement was far and away my favorite! I had such the crush on JTT. My Ouija board said I was going to marry him
3.gif
9.gif

I also watched:
Salute Your Shorts
Alex Mack
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Saved by the Bell (the College Years, too!)
Hey Dude
Clarissa Explains it All
Boy Meets World
Brotherly Love (HUUUUUGE crush on Matthew Lawrence!)
Doug
Daria

I watched a lot of Nick at Nite too, faves from that were:
I Dream of Jeannie (I was Jeannie for Halloween in 4th grade!)
Bewitched
I Love Lucy

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Madam Bijoux, LindaW and I must be approximatey the same vintage.
2.gif

Shindig, Hullaballo and Where the Action Is were my dance faves!

In addition to many of the programs listed, I liked Land of the Giants, The Time Tunnel (James Darren!) Batman, Rowan & Martin''s Laugh In, The Prisoner, Wild, Wild West, The Twilight Zone... ohmygosh - so many. The Pruitts of Southampton, The Ghost & Mrs. Miur, Here Come the Brides (Bobby Sherman!), The Addams Family, Gidget, Love American Style, Love on a Rooftop, He & She, Get Smart, The Big Valley, My Mother - The Car...

key_art_the_time_tunnel.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
DeGrassi Jr. High
Superfriends
Smurfs
Shirt Tails
Fat Albert
Little House on the Prairie
The Cosby Show
Brady Bunch (reruns)
Three's Company (reruns)
Fantasy Island!
Cheers
Different Strokes
Family Ties
Our House
The Wonder Years
Golden Girls--heehee
Who's the Boss

That's all I can remember for now.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 3:48:53 AM
Author: Cleo
OMG, I love Drop Dead Fred!! :D

MonkeyMagic - that show rocked!

I bet none of you recall these kid''s progs:

Jamie & the Magic Torch

The Wombles

Mr Ben

The Flumps

Trumpton

Camberwick Green

Mr Men

Chorlton & The Wheelies - my favourite!

I could go on...

x x x

I love the Wombles :D hehehe now I have the theme song in my head :D

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, here''s one for the Aussies - Round The Twist, remember that one?
3.gif

Loved it!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How could I have forgotten?
Twilight Zone
The Outer Limits
Wagon Train
Lassie
Rin Tin Tin ("Yo, Rinnie")
The Lone Ranger
National Velvet

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh, The Twilight Zone! I love that show. Hubby and I are going through the entire series on DVD.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 10:07:44 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux

Twilight Zone

The Outer Limits

Wagon Train

Lassie

Rin Tin Tin (''Yo, Rinnie'')

The Lone Ranger

National Velvet

Oh, me too, me too and Sky King!!!!!
9.gif
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 12:21:36 PM
Author: Linda W
Date: 8/23/2008 10:07:44 AM

Author: Madam Bijoux

Twilight Zone

The Outer Limits

Wagon Train

Lassie

Rin Tin Tin (''Yo, Rinnie'')

The Lone Ranger

National Velvet

Oh, me too, me too and Sky King!!!!!

9.gif
36.gif

and one more. Fury, the horse!!!!!!!! Loved that show too.
36.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also loved Fury and My Friend Flicka.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 10:43:43 AM
Author: coatimundi
Oh, The Twilight Zone! I love that show. Hubby and I are going through the entire series on DVD.
Coati, I have seen all the Twilight Zones; I love them?!?! Which is your favorite episode? I also love Alfred Hitchcock Presents and AH Hour.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 1:03:27 PM
Author: Skippy123

Coati, I have seen all the Twilight Zones; I love them?!?! Which is your favorite episode? I also love Alfred Hitchcock Presents and AH Hour.

I love the Twilight Zone. I always watch the re-runs. My favorite episode is when Robert Redford plays death. He plays a wounded soldier, or something like that and stays at the old ladies house.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 1:07:13 PM
Date: 8/23/2008 1:03:27 PM

I love the Twilight Zone. I always watch the re-runs. My favorite episode is when Robert Redford plays death. He plays a wounded soldier, or something like that and stays at the old ladies house.

I love that episode! Ah, a young Robert Redford--he was great in the role!

Skippy, I love the mannequin episode--fantastic!

I also love the one where the greedy adult children try on masks to receive their inheritance from their wealthy father, and their faces become the masks.

"Talky Tina"

Oh, and the ventriloquist's dummy episode.

...and many more!

There were so many great actors on that show. I watched the reruns as a kid. It's so fun to watch them now--all at once!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love the mask on too. That was a great episode and I love Talking Tina too.

Linda

NoID

Rough_Rock
Batman & Robin
Starsky & Hutch

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 2:05:22 PM

Date: 8/23/2008 1:07:13 PM

I love that episode! Ah, a young Robert Redford--he was great in the role!

Skippy, I love the mannequin episode--fantastic!

I also love the one where the greedy adult children try on masks to receive their inheritance from their wealthy father, and their faces become the masks.

'Talky Tina'

Oh, and the ventriloquist's dummy episode.

...and many more!

There were so many great actors on that show. I watched the reruns as a kid. It's so fun to watch them now--all at once!
Linda, I love that episode too!!

Coati, The mannequin one is when she doesn't know she is a mannequin and goes to the different floors of the dept store? Or am I confusing that one?

I love a "Stop at Willoughby" the man that rides the communter train and leaves his stressful life behind. Oh yes, I love the Alien one where they are all on a bus and then their is one extra person and they don't know which is the alien!

I also like the "Most Unusual Camera" that can predict 10 mins into the future. Gosh there are so many I love too! How fun to have the Whole collection!!!
3.gif
The X Files even used Talky Tina as inspiration for one of their episodes!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, yup, that's the one!

Oh, I also love the one where a group of people have established themselves on Mars, but then, they get the opportunity to go back to Earth, and the Captain stays behind, alone.

And the one where the guy flips a nickel, it lands on end, and he can see into the future--remember that one?

I haven't seen the two you mentioned. Can't wait to check those out!

That's so cool about the X-Files Talky Tina-love that show too!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2008 1:56:05 AM
Author:jewelerman
Yes they had T.V. when i was growing up...but I do remember having a black and white telivision before getting a color one...back when one was enough...my favorite shows growing up...in the late 60s-early 70s
1 Lost in space
2-Bewitched(huge crush on Samantha)
3-Gilligans Island
4-Brady Bunch
5-Partridge Family
6-Mash(never missed one)
Jewelerman, did you grow up in my house too and I just never noticed you?!?

And what about Charlie's Angels and Star Trek?

ETA: What was that one on Saturday morning where the kids and the uncle got swept over a water fall and ended up in the past? Loved that too!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 3:37:16 PM

Oh, I also love the one where a group of people have established themselves on Mars, but then, they get the opportunity to go back to Earth, and the Captain stays behind, alone.

And the one where the guy flips a nickel, it lands on end, and he can see into the future--remember that one?

Coati, you like the X-Files too!?!?!
1.gif
YAY
36.gif
Too bad you live so far, we could have a Twilight Zoe X-Files Marathon!!!! hehe I do remember the guy flipping the nickel. What about the one where they take a guy to space and live him their with a robot that he thinks is human?? There are so many good ones!
3.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Threes Company
Facts of Life
Gimme A Break
Golden Girls
Family Ties
Smurfs lol
Mickey Mouse Club

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 3:48:34 PM
Date: 8/23/2008 3:37:16 PM

Coati, you like the X-Files too!?!?!
1.gif
YAY
36.gif
Too bad you live so far, we could have a Twilight Zoe X-Files Marathon!!!! hehe I do remember the guy flipping the nickel. What about the one where they take a guy to space and live him their with a robot that he thinks is human?? There are so many good ones!
3.gif

haHA! That would be so fun!
36.gif

That's a great one too! The guy left alone with the robot. Yah, there are so many!

Did you see the X-Files movie? I really liked it. I thought it was going to take up where the last movie left off--with the big alien ship at the end, but it was totally different! I would of loved it no matter what they did with it, because I love watching Mulder and Scully. I hope they make another movie soon!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 3:57:34 PM

36.gif

That's a great one too! The guy left alone with the robot. Yah, there are so many!

Did you see the X-Files movie? I really liked it. I thought it was going to take up where the last movie left off--with the big alien ship at the end, but it was totally different! I would of loved it no matter what they did with it, because I love watching Mulder and Scully. I hope they make another movie soon!
It would be a blast for sure! hehe We could even throw some Alfred Hitchcocks in for fun!
31.gif

No, I haven't seen the movie yet! I loved the X-Files, I use to look forward to every Sunday night! I think David Duchovny is a cutie!! Okay, now I have to see the movie since you loved it; I saw the last Movie they did but not the newest. I especially loved the first 2 seasons of the X-Files, they were pretty scary!! Remember the monster thing in the sewer!
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Fun thread!! These are the few that really stand out in my mind...

Really little:

Fraggle Rock
smurfs
G.I. Joe
The Jetsons

A bit older:
Saved by the Bell
Full House

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 4:04:33 PM
Date: 8/23/2008 3:57:34 PM

36.gif

That''s a great one too! The guy left alone with the robot. Yah, there are so many!

It would be a blast for sure! hehe We could even throw some Alfred Hitchcocks in for fun!
31.gif

No, I haven''t seen the movie yet! I loved the X-Files, I use to look forward to every Sunday night! I think David Duchovny is a cutie!! Okay, now I have to see the movie since you loved it; I saw the last Movie they did but not the newest. I especially loved the first 2 seasons of the X-Files, they were pretty scary!! Remember the monster thing in the sewer!
9.gif

ooooh the X-Files can be soooo scary. I always loved the supernatural ones. The movie is pretty creepy. It also deals with their personal lives more than we''re used to, which I love. The ending was pretty dark--I have to admit that I teared up! David Duchovny IS cute! He has a pretty shaggy beard for the first half of the movie.

Alfred Hitchcock Presents rules too!

Do you remember "Tales From the Darkside?" --I think it was on during the late 80s early 90s.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 5:48:43 PM

ooooh the X-Files can be soooo scary. I always loved the supernatural ones. The movie is pretty creepy. It also deals with their personal lives more than we're used to, which I love. The ending was pretty dark--I have to admit that I teared up! David Duchovny IS cute! He has a pretty shaggy beard for the first half of the movie.

Alfred Hitchcock Presents rules too!

Do you remember 'Tales From the Darkside?' --I think it was on during the late 80s early 90s.
Oh My Gosh, I loved Tales from the Darkside, wait is it the same as the Crypt Guy? If so I love them!
36.gif
They are so funny now to watch but I was so scared watching them as a kid!!! LOL eta: darn they aren't the same. I don't think I saw them
39.gif
I will need to see if I can find some episodes online!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
yah, Skippy!
It is so funny when I watch things that used to scare me. Like that movie, "Night of the Comet." I thought it was so scary when I was a kid. Hubby and I recently watched it, and it is SO FUNNY! Even the zombies are funny!

Hubby and I have recently been watching a lot of old 80s movies. It's so FUN!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 5:55:53 PM
36.gif
yah, Skippy!
It is so funny when I watch things that used to scare me. Like that movie, 'Night of the Comet.' I thought it was so scary when I was a kid. Hubby and I recently watched it, and it is SO FUNNY! Even the zombies are funny!

I remember that one!
36.gif
I was super scared too and I saw it not too long ago again and it was funny!!! haha Did you ever watch Amazing Stories I think it was called and I think Steven Spielberg directed them?

Ooooh, I love 80's movies!!! Like Pretty in Pink and Breakfast Club and so many more!
10.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 6:02:06 PM
Date: 8/23/2008 5:55:53 PM

36.gif
yah, Skippy!

It is so funny when I watch things that used to scare me. Like that movie, 'Night of the Comet.' I thought it was so scary when I was a kid. Hubby and I recently watched it, and it is SO FUNNY! Even the zombies are funny!

I remember that one!
36.gif
I was super scared too and I saw it not too long ago again and it was funny!!! haha Did you ever watch Amazing Stories I think it was called and I think Steven Spielberg directed them?

Ooooh, I love 80's movies!!! Like Pretty in Pink and Breakfast Club and so many more!
10.gif

OhmyGosh! Amazing Stories! I haven't heard of that in so long! I remember I loved the show. I wonder if I could find it on DVD--those would be fun to watch!
HaHA! You know "Night of the Comet!" Do you remember that made for tv movie called "Dark Night of the Scarecrow?" I thought it was soo scary when I was little, and I haven't seen it since. I think they will be releasing it on DVD soon. There are so many superfun 80s movies!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 6:20:39 PM

OhmyGosh! Amazing Stories! I haven't heard of that in so long! I remember I loved the show. I wonder if I could find it on DVD--those would be fun to watch!
HaHA! You know 'Night of the Comet!' Do you remember that made for tv movie called 'Dark Night of the Scarecrow?' I thought it was soo scary when I was little, and I haven't seen it since. I think they will be releasing it on DVD soon. There are so many superfun 80s movies!
I remember that!!! LOL, we must be close in age? I am in my very early 30's! hehe
9.gif
eta: No you have me wanting to see an episode of ''Tales from the Darkside"
3.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 7:00:42 PM
Date: 8/23/2008 6:20:39 PM

HaHA! You know 'Night of the Comet!' Do you remember that made for tv movie called 'Dark Night of the Scarecrow?' I thought it was soo scary when I was little, and I haven't seen it since. I think they will be releasing it on DVD soon. There are so many superfun 80s movies!
I remember that!!! LOL, we must be close in age? I am in my very early 30's! hehe
9.gif
eta: No you have me wanting to see an episode of 'Tales from the Darkside'
3.gif

MwahHaHAA! Me too!
We are close in age--I'm in my early thirties too!
I wonder if the Scarecrow movie would still be scary...hmmm Yay that you remember it!!
36.gif

tales_from_the_darkside-show.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results