shape
carat
color
clarity

What wedding band with an emerald cut engagement ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
hello.

my fiancee gave me a gorgeous emerald cut engagement ring in a simple platinum setting with side bagettes. i''m wondering what you think is the best kind of wedding band(s) -- plain platinum? something with a little more bling? the best shape? thanks!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
LL-

I have the same issue- I have an ec e-ring (solitaire) with pave surrounding the basket (underneath). I think for a w-band, I am probably going to go with a thin micro-pave band. I dont know if your ec ring will allow a w-band to sit flush- mine wont because it is not set high at all. Plus, unless it is set super high, it is hard to get an ec ring to sit flush with anthing...

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I think a wedding band with matching baguettes would be lovely.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Some examples....

dani13

Ideal_Rock

dani1.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
#2....

dani2.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
#3...(sorry, dont know how to put all of these into one post)
emcrook.gif

dani3.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
#4 -Probably something similar to what I might do- micro-pave bands....

dani4.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the one from DCD. It would be nice if you could get a band that would match up nicely with your ering. SP has some nice channel set bands as well with baguettes. Have you tried any bands on with your ering yet???

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine has a gorgeous emerald cut 3-stone ring. she has a very thin plain wedding band she wears next to it. I''m not sure if it''s soldered or not but the look is simply stunning. All the focas is on her gorgeous e-ring with just a tiny bit of metal to show she''s married. I think you should definitely go and try as being different looks as possible. So many things I love online but when I get to try on one they look way different on me than in the pics.

p.s. i like the DCD band too.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lulu! I had to go back and look up your ring...It''s gorgeous!
30.gif

I''m with everyone else who recommends trying on lots of different bands to see if any "speak" to you.

That said, I''d be tempted to stick with a small, simple, gem-free band...I wouldn''t want anything taking away from that beautiful classic EC...

widget

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
One of my girlfriends has a marquise with one baguette on each side (looks like the DCD setting that Pearcrazy posted except with a marquise). She had a two bands made - one to go on both sides of the e-ring, each with baguettes to match the e-ring. I believe she had the set soldered together, so when you look down at her finger you see the marquise in the center and 3 thin baguettes on each side. I''m sorry if I''m not explaining it well, but something like that would work for an emerald cut center as well. My friend''s set is very subtle - her center stone is still the center of attention.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lulu, your ring is just gorgeous!

My girlfriend has a RB with side baguetes, and her ring has a matching 3 baguette wedding band that she can wear with or without the e-ring. It sits completely flush, though.

I think a simple plain wedding bad would be beautiful, as well as a band with 3 baguettes. You could always go with a custom w-ring if you''re sure you''ll always wear the rings together. You can''t go wrong however you decide to go - your e-ring is fabulous!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the great suggestions (and compliments -- i still catch myself constantly staring
face23.gif
)

I think that i''ll take the samrt advice to try some different kinds on in person and see which one "speaks" to me...

i''m having the same problem as dani -- because EC''s are long they often don''t allow a wedding band to sit flush -- though i''m going to see if our jeweler has any savvy solutions!

I''ll keep you all updated and thanks for the pics -- such beautiful inspiration
emstar.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I also have an EC stone with baguettes on each side. My e-ring already had a matching w-band to go with it, but I thought I would post it here to give you an idea. Excuse the blurriness, I was having trouble taking pictures with this camera (which is why I got a new camera since!
9.gif
)...hope this helps you!

DSCN1230.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am having a similar problem with my EC e-ring. I can get a band to sit pretty flush though (maybe my stone is set higher). I love the DCD band (or something similar). Very elegant!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results