shape
carat
color
clarity

What website to buy stock on?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I know it''s not the best to buy stock that''s going for next to nothing right now, but for me and with no stock purchasing experience, I thought that buying cheaper stock would be a fun practice. Plus, keep in mind, I''m not in the financial position to load up on thousands of dollars worth of stock.

I''m planning to buy stock in local (NW) companies. Any recommendations as to where to buy from?

Thanks.

shel

Shiny_Rock
I don''t recommend the individual stock game for beginning investors.

Read this link

But if you must, go with a discount brokerage like Scottrade or Firstrade. For zero commission, try Zecco. Bank of America and Wells Fargo also have zero-commission trades but much higher entry requirements.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not really considering myself a "beginning investor," just playing around. My limit is VERY small. I was asking here, but realize now that others are buying/selling/loosing tens of thousands (or hundreds, for that matter) and I'm just working with fun money (like $500). . . I guess it was silly to ask on this website!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s really wise to start out in mutual funds and have a set amount deposited monthly. I am not sure it is a smart time to begin, though!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2008 10:17:23 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
It''s really wise to start out in mutual funds and have a set amount deposited monthly. I am not sure it is a smart time to begin, though!
better today than a yr ago.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
What about E-Trade? Anyone use that?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results