shape
carat
color
clarity

What was your best Black Friday score?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never shopped on Black Friday. I get hives when there''s chaos, crowds, and long lines. But I wonder what I am missing out on. What are some of your favorite purchases from a Black Friday sale?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ruger MK2 10% off.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 4:09:11 PM
Author:CrownJewel
I''ve never shopped on Black Friday. I get hives when there''s chaos, crowds, and long lines. But I wonder what I am missing out on. What are some of your favorite purchases from a Black Friday sale?

Lol. I feel the same way. And I have to say, I have NEVER regretted not going. Most of the deals you can get online these days, so I just do that!

Maybe I just don''t buy the things that go on sale, but there never seems anything worth it for me.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 4:24:36 PM
Author: strmrdr
Ruger MK2 10% off.
storm! and how early did you have to wake up for that? was there any hair pulling involved? did anyone throw their handbag at you in a fight over it?
2.gif
that's just what i imagine Black Friday sales are like.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Black Friday at the mall is fun! I usually never go to get anything in particular but just love the kick off of the holiday season! If you can''t do the shopping, grab a cup of coffee from Starbucks and watch all the fun. I always come home tired but energized about Christmas - and there''s the turkey sandwich to look forward to when you get home!
18.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
A 42" Sony Flatscreen for $375 at Wal-Mart.

My mom woke me up at 3:15. We got in line. There were only 15 in the store and we got #13.

My mom''s awesome with deals.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont have a black Friday deal, but a couple of weeks ago I went to Meijers and purchased a 15 inch flat HD TV for $90 bucks
23.gif
It was $190 off the list price and I got up and 4:30 to be there by 5:30, they only had 15 and there were already 5 people ahead of me when I got there. Its just crazy
23.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 4:36:31 PM
Author: CrownJewel
Date: 10/18/2008 4:24:36 PM

Author: strmrdr

Ruger MK2 10% off.

storm! and how early did you have to wake up for that? was there any hair pulling involved? did anyone throw their handbag at you in a fight over it?
2.gif
that's just what i imagine Black Friday sales are like.
naw was the only one in that section at first when they opened at 9am.
The store is now out of business but they had a 10% or 20% off any one item sale every year.
While I was doing the paperwork a bunch more guys showed up but when they opened I was the only male in the store that wasn't an employee.
It never did get bad in that section. Shooters as a rule are a calm bunch.
I went there 3 years in a row but didn't buy anything one year the other year I bought a depth finder as a gift.

The 20% was mostly electronics and jewelery and that is where all the trampling and hair pulling was going on.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking about it....
There was 2 people arrested at that store one year that got into a fight over a Rolex at 20% off.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
2 Wii systems at Best Buy last year on the Sunday after TG. I stood in line for about 30 minutes, went in, got it and left!

Also online last year, right after midnight scored some nice men''s dress shirts from Jos. Banks for 19.00.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 6:29:49 PM
Author: fieryred33143
A 42'' Sony Flatscreen for $375 at Wal-Mart.

My mom woke me up at 3:15. We got in line. There were only 15 in the store and we got #13.

My mom''s awesome with deals.

I told my husband you said this and he said we are going to be at Wal-Mart at 3am just so we can do something like that. LOL.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My sister was in Vegas last year and scored some fab Calvin Klein bed liinens...MUST have been a good deal if she took them back on the airplane (all that extra weight??)!

cheers--Sharon

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Hubby and I camped out one year and then last year we went and stood in line for a couple of hours to get in. The first year we got 2 laptops for $500 total and a bunch of DVDs for gifts. Last year we got a TomTom for like $120, a digi camera for $100 and a bunch of computer monitors for his boss for $100 each. Oh and an mp3 player for $30. They really do have good deals. I don''t think we''ll go this year though unless they have laptop deals. Mine crashed.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I admire people who will actually set foot in a mall the day after Thanksgiving. The very thought of it makes me cringe-lol. I don''t think I will EVER do that. The very thought of all those crazed shoppers rushing around makes me "twitchy" as my fourteen year old daughter would say. Have I mentioned that I won''t go shopping on Black Friday???

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t even like shopping in a mall on a regular day--I admire anyone who braves the crowds for a great deal!

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
I never went out on Black Friday for shopping either. I am not willing to wake up at 5 am and be at the mall at 6 am just be a lucky fews for a "real" discount.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We always go shopping on Black Friday but usually later in the day and in my experience the malls are dead around 1:00 pm.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
My best score?... Sleep. I never go out on Black Friday. People get crazy!!! I really don''t have much in the way of patience for crazy masses of people, especially when I have gotten no sleep. I''d rather pay more for stuff at another time.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing. I''ve bought some CDs on sale. I think it''s Circut City who does good deals on those.

Generally if I''m shopping I have a particular idea of what I want. We paid a fair amount for our TV but we researched the heck out of it. We buy very little without discussing it, setting a budget, and researching. Black Friday seems to be a whole lot of not great quality things on super sale and that just doesn''t fit what we''re looking for.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/19/2008 12:22:41 PM
Author: Tuckins1
My best score?... Sleep.

Hehe.
1.gif
Ditto.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 6:29:49 PM
Author: fieryred33143
A 42' Sony Flatscreen for $375 at Wal-Mart.

My mom's awesome with deals.
That's my plan this year! We need a flatscreen and I'm willing to camp out for it.
9.gif

ETA: If we didn't need/want something like that, I wouldn't even think about it.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I went out last year at around 4AM because I needed a new printer. I got a really nice photo printer for $100.

My family''s coming out to our place for an early Thanksgiving dinner (lunner?) this year, so I think I may do the camping out thing. We want a flatscreen TV, and I need a new laptop or desktop. I haven''t decided which yet.
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
No way...no thanks for Black Friday. I''d rather buy things on my computer on Cyber Monday!

There are good deals to be had though. Being in the retail technology industry, we compete for spots on those black friday flyers so the best promo wins! However, often times the better deals will come closer to Christmas...vendors don''t want to give away the whole store too early!!

I will tell you that some retailers are better than others at taking a hit on their own profits. Online retailers are often the best....they have to make so little margin compared to a store.

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
- 20 peice Corningwear set for 25$
- J Crew Sophie dress for 19$ (original 295)
- Laptop for 200$ ( the F baught it but i was there!)

And if you don''t want to mess with the lines, alot of the stores do Black Friday online too, Macy''s, Wal-Mart, Best-Buy

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
When we have family in town, we often go to lunch on Black Friday and then after a few drinks, we either go to a movie or people watch. I never shop on Black Friday because adults in our families do not exchange gifts.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 3:16:58 PM
Author: MC
When we have family in town, we often go to lunch on Black Friday and then after a few drinks, we either go to a movie or people watch. I never shop on Black Friday because adults in our families do not exchange gifts.
Haha - MC, this goes to show how self-centered I can be...I wasn''t even considering shopping for holiday gifts. I was just thinking, "what kinds of insane bargains can I get for myself?"

All this stuff sounds great, and I am tempted. However, I do fear that I may not emerge alive. Or I may end up shuddering in a corner for the rest of my life, shouting, "it''s mine. my bargain. MINE."

I''ve never even shopped online on Black Friday. Maybe that''s what I will do this year. Glad you guys are preparing me! We''ve got over a month still.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have only gone shopping on Black Friday once and it was to get a Power Wheels Jeep for my (then) 2 year old. It was $50!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Once got a latptop for $300----really good deal I thought!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results