shape
carat
color
clarity

What was the craziest thing you''ve done for extra cash?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
was just hanging out over in the family forum, and Bebe was getting her wisdom teeth taken out and it reminded me of a time when I was in college. When I was 18, a dentist recommend that I should get my wisdom teeth taken out, didn''t think anything of it. So I went on my merry way until my college days, and the opportunity for extra cash was advertised on the radio. This was a drug study and it included the removal of my wisdom teeth. I had no dental insurance at the time, and thought what a great way to get my wisdom teeth out and they paid me... Yes! so I did it, the first round was one side $200, then I went back for round two, on my right side $200. Luckily i didn''t get the placebo
23.gif
So what is the craziest thing that you have done for extra cash?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
sold my classics. ...... that was dumb. Dumb dumb dumb. I regret it to this day.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sold my plasma... I got money for it, and someone else benefited from it. Win-win!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the beginning of the process to donate my eggs to an infertile couple!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 6:03:43 PM
Author: elledizzy5
23.gif

OMG, do they know what kind of product they are getting?

Just kidding. Hopefully you are doing it for the help you are giving this couple as well as the money.
9.gif
I think that''s great.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
never done anything particularly crazy for money, however...

i was once offered $300 by a woman i worked with who, once every couple of months, dressed up in knickers, a t-shirt and/or bra and/or topless, a pair of stilettos and stood on a middle aged businessman's chest while he took photos with an automatic camera set up. he'd call her every couple of months, she'd go over, do the business, and he'd pay her in cash. he asked if she could bring another woman with her, and she thought i might be interested.

i have absolutely no idea why, and i didn't do it.

ETA this was at my first ever full time job with the federal employment service. it just goes to show, you don't know what your average public servant is getting up to.

31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 6:27:47 PM
Author: whitby_2773

i was once offered $300 by a woman i worked with who, once every couple of months, dressed up in knickers, a t-shirt and/or bra and/or topless, a pair of stilettos and stood on a middle aged businessman''s chest while he took photos with an automatic camera set up. he''s call her every couple of months, she''d go over, do the business, and he''d pay her in cash. he asked if she could bring another woman with her, and she thought i might be interested.

i have absolutely no idea why, and i didn''t do it.
Whoa!! LOL!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 6:34:13 PM
Author: sunnyd

i was once offered $300 by a woman i worked with who, once every couple of months, dressed up in knickers, a t-shirt and/or bra and/or topless, a pair of stilettos and stood on a middle aged businessman''s chest while he took photos with an automatic camera set up. he''s call her every couple of months, she''d go over, do the business, and he''d pay her in cash. he asked if she could bring another woman with her, and she thought i might be interested.

Whoa!! LOL!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
WOW that is bizzare!!
32.gif

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 6:03:43 PM
Author: elledizzy5
36.gif
36.gif
You''re giving someone such a precious gift.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Dressed up as an ice hockey player and gave out Tim Hortons donuts on the street.
Dressed up as a cheerleader and ran around college singing silly rhymes about beer.
Gave free pints of beer to tables of men without a word and left a card saying "a pretty girl buying you a drink? Not the ordinary..."
Got people in pubs to take ridiculous pictures inspired by beer. One fella left and came back with his tractor and his dog! Drove his tractor right up to the door of the pub and got his dog to pose on it with a pint of beer.

Yeah, I used to work for a promotions company
3.gif
those were the only slightly ridiculous things I had to do. They were pretty fun at the time! I loved working for that company. Money was great!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

i was once offered $300 by a woman i worked with who, once every couple of months, dressed up in knickers, a t-shirt and/or bra and/or topless, a pair of stilettos and stood on a middle aged businessman''s chest while he took photos with an automatic camera set up. he''d call her every couple of months, she''d go over, do the business, and he''d pay her in cash. he asked if she could bring another woman with her, and she thought i might be interested.

ETA this was at my first ever full time job with the federal employment service. it just goes to show, you don''t know what your average public servant is getting up to.

31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif
heck, i''ll do it for $30 bucks.
16.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 7:00:21 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

i was once offered $300 by a woman i worked with who, once every couple of months, dressed up in knickers, a t-shirt and/or bra and/or topless, a pair of stilettos and stood on a middle aged businessman''s chest while he took photos with an automatic camera set up. he''d call her every couple of months, she''d go over, do the business, and he''d pay her in cash. he asked if she could bring another woman with her, and she thought i might be interested.

ETA this was at my first ever full time job with the federal employment service. it just goes to show, you don''t know what your average public servant is getting up to.

31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif
heck, i''ll do it for $30 bucks.
16.gif
Slept with George Clooney, but hey it was for a bet and he looked pretty desperate.

Funny guy DF, your sense of humour is like mine!!
emotion-5.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I "tagged" jeans (drew personalized designs on them) and did some freelance art/tattoo design when I was in high school for some extra cash. I know, pretty boring.

I''ve thought about donating eggs one day though, chances are I''m only using one of them, and I have a pretty healthy genetic background. I''d like to think my eggs have potential.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
one week after I cut off all of my hair (I had less than an inch left), i wanted to go to a party but had no money. My friends paid me $10 (the cost of the party) to put 3 tracks in my hair. Just 3 tracks, in the back. It looked like a long silky mullet. My friends got a good laugh out of it, and I put on a bandana and cowboy hat and went to the party. I had a great time, some good laughs, and all for free.

Clearly I am a cheap thrill!
3.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 5:52:17 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
Sold my plasma... I got money for it, and someone else benefited from it. Win-win!

Ditto. When I was in college this was a routine thing me and my friends did for drinking money!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 9:36:43 PM
Author: stepcutgirl

Ditto. When I was in college this was a routine thing me and my friends did for drinking money!
I''m such an idiot. When I read this earlier I thought you meant a TV!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
boy- some fun stuff guys!
9.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I found a full time job. What was I thinking?!
41.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 9:26:05 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I ''tagged'' jeans (drew personalized designs on them) and did some freelance art/tattoo design when I was in high school for some extra cash. I know, pretty boring.

I''ve thought about donating eggs one day though, chances are I''m only using one of them, and I have a pretty healthy genetic background. I''d like to think my eggs have potential.

I would donate my eggs in a heartbeat. I don''t want to use them. I also have pretty good genetic potential except for one thing...I''m a carrier of a fairly common genetic disease, not anything lethal (it''s G6PD deficiency for the medically inclined...X-linked recessive and my dad has it, so I''m an obligate carrier). Not sure what that means for egg donation, but probably takes me out of the running.

I''ve been in several psychological and medical studies (most recent was a year-long birth control study during med school). The only other unusual thing I''ve done for money was to play my musical instruments for people at parties and such. Not crazy, just not the usual.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 9:26:05 PM
I ''tagged'' jeans (drew personalized designs on them) and did some freelance art/tattoo design when I was in high school for some extra cash. I know, pretty boring.

MTG,
you intrigue me! Would you ever show pics of your tattoos/art?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''m currently in a birth control study for Yaz Flex, although unfortunately I''m in the regular Yaz group and I don''t get the once every four months period. But they pay me $80 to take some pee and some blood whenever I go in. I had to get over a MAJOR needle fear to do it, but I bought my pendant with the cash!
9.gif

Also, in high school, I ate a cricket for eight dollars. Mainly because I just didn''t find it that gross and everyone was making such a big deal out of it.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 10:02:34 PM
Author: luckystar112
Date: 7/13/2009 9:36:43 PM

Author: stepcutgirl

I''m such an idiot. When I read this earlier I thought you meant a TV!

Hahah! I should have clarified earlier!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I was considering donating my plasma but I can;t due to my tattoos.
When I was younger (18) I had a russian friend(kinda bf kinda not) who needed to stay in the country his family offered me a LARGE sum of money to marry him and stay with him for at least 2 years so he could stay in the country. We had been dating for alittle bit so it wasn''t crazy farfetched but it was still not in my comfort zone, I''m kinda traditional when it comes to marriage.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I eat weird things for money.

You wanna be grossed out by paying someone to eat, ketchup, mustard, ranch, marinara with granulated sugar, sweet and low and Coke mixed together? Smoked black ants? Mustard and pickle sandwiches?

I''m your woman.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I participated in a medical study in college.

Did makeup for the Seattle Opera House, which paid REALLY well for a college student, and even better, the schedule was like 7 PM thru 11 or so, with a matinee on Saturday. Loved that job! Free tickets too, though of course I couldn't go myself- I was working during the performances, but all my relatives loved it. My husband (well, boyfriend at that time) took my mom to La Boheme, which was totally sweet of him I thought... sitting through a 6 hour opera was definitely above & beyond the call of duty.

Worked at KMart in high school. Worst job EVER. Agonizing, in fact. And the sexual harassment was an awesome bonus extra, all the managers hit on the younger girls working there- got my butt grabbed by an extra specially creepy 40 something manager, and got, um, propositioned by one of the younger managers. Fun times!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
sold blood in college, but had to put rocks in my coat pockets to meet the weight requirement.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I was offered $2000 to have some photos taken of my *private area* and have them published on a Japanese and Taiwanese websites- I didn''t do it, but after being unempolyed with a big debt that needs paying off I can see its appeal
7.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 3:25:47 AM
Author: Dannielle
I was offered $2000 to have some photos taken of my *private area* and have them published on a Japanese and Taiwanese websites- I didn''t do it, but after being unempolyed with a big debt that needs paying off I can see its appeal
7.gif

Haha, oy, I''ve been offered money to do some weird things too... Someone once offered me 200$/hr to be his dominatrix (no sex though). This was back when I was more gothy in dress, so it made a little more sense I guess?

Here''s a pic of my favorite art piece AJ. Couldn''t bring myself to sell it (I''m not usually attached to the pieces I make, but I really like this one). It''s charcoal and graphite on paper, about 4''x3''.

charcoal.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
LOL this thread is fun. MakingTheGrade, that is gorgeous!

I once was offered 1k a month to go "visit" an older guy friend, if you catch my drift. It was right after I got married, and my husband and I were struggling pretty badly. Rather...interesting, to say the least.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 7:36:08 AM

Date: 7/14/2009 3:25:47 AM
Author: Dannielle
7.gif

Haha, oy, I''ve been offered money to do some weird things too... Someone once offered me 200$/hr to be his dominatrix (no sex though). This was back when I was more gothy in dress, so it made a little more sense I guess?

Here''s a pic of my favorite art piece AJ. Couldn''t bring myself to sell it (I''m not usually attached to the pieces I make, but I really like this one). It''s charcoal and graphite on paper, about 4''x3''.
Wow MTG, you are one talented lady. Lovely piece.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results