shape
carat
color
clarity

what vacation plans have you got this year?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
smurfy - that is beautiful! we haven''t decided where in Hawaii we want to go, but your pic just makes me want to go THERE. I don''t mind snorkeling with fish, but I''ve never had ones actually swim up against me... ew. and if I see a big fish with scary teeth, I usually grab DH''s hand. in the Maldives, there was a fish that kept sucking at DH''s tummy. I''m glad I wear a surf shirt. imagine a fish trying to get a peck at your boobs or something!
6.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
We are looking to take 1 or 2 trips this year they are still a bit up in the air but we''re thinking 5 or 6 nights in the Bahamas or DR with a few friends in April, and then in the Fall a long weekend somewhere (I''m hoping Vegas) or depending on money a trip to Europe maybe Ireland, or I''m hoping to go to China if we can find a cheap flight.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 7:42:56 AM
Author: noelwr
smurfy - that is beautiful! we haven''t decided where in Hawaii we want to go, but your pic just makes me want to go THERE. I don''t mind snorkeling with fish, but I''ve never had ones actually swim up against me... ew. and if I see a big fish with scary teeth, I usually grab DH''s hand. in the Maldives, there was a fish that kept sucking at DH''s tummy. I''m glad I wear a surf shirt. imagine a fish trying to get a peck at your boobs or something!
6.gif

Lol if you could see me I have a
33.gif
look on my face! What kind of fish sucks on someone''s stomach hahaha

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
DH is a big WoW player, so we plan to go to Vegas with a bunch of his guildies in July
9.gif
I am so stoked!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 10:58:20 AM
Author: MonkeyPie
DH is a big WoW player, so we plan to go to Vegas with a bunch of his guildies in July
9.gif
I am so stoked!

Haha, DH and I both play WoW, some of them came to our wedding from our guild
3.gif

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 5:48:51 PM
Author: CDNinNYC

Date: 1/14/2010 3:54:15 PM
Author: Pushin40
In November we''ll be in Mexico for 8 nights for our wedding, then the following week we''ll go somewhere - place still TBD....maybe another island, or Florida, Vegas....not sure yet! We jsut started talking about that this morning.
Pushin40, where in Mexico are you having your wedding?
Hey CDN!

I JUST sent in the deposit for the wedding this morning! I am beyond excited - it was so hard to pick ther resort. Ther are so many nice places to choose from.

Gan Porto Real in Playa Del Carme, MX. Is a really great location = steps away from Fifth Ave.

4:00 PM on Friday 11/26/10

We got engaged the day after Thanksgiving and will be married the day after Thanksgiving!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 4:26:37 PM
Author: cammy85

I''ll be heading down to the Bahamas in March for our annual girls and Kids trip for a week. FI may come down for a few days too!

In November we''ll be in Mexico for 8 nights for our wedding, then the following week we''ll go somewhere - place still TBD....maybe another island, or Florida, Vegas....not sure yet! We jsut started talking about that this morning.

I get 4 weeks vacation and 3 floaters, so I''ll have time for a few long weekends in the summer.

I wish I was in the Bahamas now....
6.gif
( I HATE THE COLD AND CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SILL DOING HERE IN THE NE!!!
Totally off topic, but the 13-year-old pre-pubescent boy inside of me took that out of context and just started giggling...
Floaters - dopes that mean something??? LOL I must be really OLD, I''m so out fo the loop! HAHA

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 12:25:31 PM

Date: 1/14/2010 4:26:37 PM

Author: cammy85

I''ll be heading down to the Bahamas in March for our annual girls and Kids trip for a week. FI may come down for a few days too!

I get 4 weeks vacation and 3 floaters, so I''ll have time for a few long weekends in the summer.

I wish I was in the Bahamas now....
6.gif
( I HATE THE COLD AND CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SILL DOING HERE IN THE NE!!!

Totally off topic, but the 13-year-old pre-pubescent boy inside of me took that out of context and just started giggling...

Floaters - dopes that mean something??? LOL I must be really OLD, I''m so out fo the loop! HAHA

I''ll take this one- a floater is when you go #2 in the toilet and it floats
lol

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Let''s see....

Ireland in June (I''m super excited)
Oregon in September (gorgeous and my BFF lives there)
Hopefully Dubai in December, but that may end up being next January.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I just posted on the other vacay thread -

but Austin, TX this spring
probably our weekend getaway to Galena, IL also this spring or early summer
Minneapolis/St.Paul for our anniversary trip

Random rumblings:
Mexico at Christmas with my parents?
Somewhere with DH''s dad and stepmom?
Chicago - we usually end up there once or twice a year to see various friends/family

And I told DH that I want my birthday present to be a passport (never got a new one after we got married), so we could take advantage of one of those crazy Europe deals that you see posted a week before travel...I don''t know if we''re that adventurous this year, but who knows, maybe we are :)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a few planned so far:

A destination wedding in Feb. at a ski resort. I don''t ski or snowboard but maybe I''ll try! That one''s just a weekend, though.

Austin, TX in March, probably just for a long weekend. I''m trying to save up all my vacation days for:

Sweden in June or July, for as long as possible! My brother lives there (in Stockholm) and has a little guest house so we''ll get to stay for free. We might try to go somewhere nearby for a few days but we haven''t decided where...possibly Estonia. I have to save tons of $ for all the shopping I want to do...I love Swedish design!

That''s it so far...we don''t usually plan vacations too far in advance. I only know we''re going to Sweden in June/July because my brother said that''s when it starts to warm up and stay warm.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''re having our first vacation since our honeymoon, which will have been more than 2 years before, this August!

We''re going on Oasis of the Seas from Royal Caribbean and we can''t wait! We went on a Southern Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon and we''re so excited to go back!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 12:24:00 PM
Date: 1/14/2010 5:48:51 PM
Hey CDN!

I JUST sent in the deposit for the wedding this morning! I am beyond excited - it was so hard to pick ther resort. Ther are so many nice places to choose from.

Gan Porto Real in Playa Del Carme, MX. Is a really great location = steps away from Fifth Ave.

4:00 PM on Friday 11/26/10

We got engaged the day after Thanksgiving and will be married the day after Thanksgiving!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pushin40, that's awesome!

DH and I got married in Playa del Carmen at the Gran Porto Real's sister resort last May. We had a great time.
1.gif

We also had our ceremony at 4pm. Did you pick your location yet?

Also, do you know what time the sun sets that time of year? I only mention it because it may affect your after-ceremony photos.

Best of luck with your planning and let me know if you have any questions.

CDN

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Let''s see . . . lots of little trips planned, and one for sure big trip:

- Vegas (times two) for the bachelorette parties of a few of my bridesmaids (yay!)
- Seattle (times two) for DH''s friends'' weddings
- Scottsdale, AZ to serve as Matron of Honor in my friend''s wedding
- A winery in Napa Valley to be in another friend''s wedding
- Either the Bahamas or Moorea (French Polynesia) to celebrate our first anniversary

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This year, a trip to Cali for a wedding, and a summer vacation to Italy :)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
In June DH and I are going to my parents'' vacation house on the Oregon coast. (Right up on the cliffs with an AWESOME view of the ocean!)

Next July DH and I are taking two of our best friends to Maui for a week.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
heading to Costa Rica (Guanacaste) in Feb. first time there - looking forward to NO SNOW!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2010 11:37:38 AM
Author: Asscherhalo_lover
We''re having our first vacation since our honeymoon, which will have been more than 2 years before, this August!

We''re going on Oasis of the Seas from Royal Caribbean and we can''t wait! We went on a Southern Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon and we''re so excited to go back!

OOOH When are you going? DH and I are going too. We are going to be on the ship 6/26-7/3 for our year anniversary. We did Liberty of the Seas 2 years ago and I LOVED it. RCCL is such a great cruise line and I am super excited to go on the biggest ship in the world!!!!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
My DH and I just got back from a long-weekend trip in Vegas. We had some plane tickets from a charity auction last year, so we thought we would get the most out of them and flew from the East Coast. Vegas was a blast and for those of your who are planning trips this year, I highly recommend Zumanity - awesome show
36.gif

Otherwise, on our travel agenda for the year:

February
- Go to New Orleans for the Rock and Roll Half-marathon (First time in NO)

April
- Go to FL for my 10 year high school reunion
- Go to Nashville to visit DH''s fam

June
- A one week vaca in the OBX
9.gif
(Outer Banks, NC)

October
- Head to G''vill for the UF Homecoming weekend and football game
36.gif

November and December
The ususal traveling for the holidays, Thanksgiving in TN and Christmas in FL

Other possibilities
- A friend is getting married in Vegas, so we may head back there for a weekend
- I would love to visit wine country, but that is kinda a dream for now, and could be pushed into the next couple years

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
One way or another, we are going to Napa/wine country in CA.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Funny how plans change in just a few days. DH and I are now going to Puerto Rico this weekend! We leave Thursday night and come back early Monday morning.

About a month ago, my father called us and asked us to come with him, my stepmom, and siblings for the whole week to Puerto Rico but we couldn''t go because DH couldn''t take off from work. My father wanted us to come with him so badly that he pretty much spent all weekend begging us to come and finally I looked into flights and we saw we could come for a long weekend (and DH would only have to take off Friday from work). I didn''t want my father to spend the money to bring us there because the tickets were a little pricey, but he just wanted us to come so much that he didn''t care what it cost. I got the cheapest tickets we could find for the times we needed to fly, so now we''re going!

My father is thrilled that we''re coming, and DH and I are happy that we get to go to Puerto Rico for just the cost of getting to and from the airport! I feel bad that he''s paying for the trip, but he honestly is just so happy we''re coming with him I think he would''ve paid twice as much just to get us there.

I was pretty conflicted about whether or not to go on this trip. On one hand, I didn''t want my father spending money to pay for us and I also didn''t want DH to have to take off from work because he has very limited vacation days to use for personal vacations. But on the other hand, my father has wanted us to come on vacation with him for years, and he kept telling us he didn''t care about the money (and he didn''t even ask how much it would be.. he just really wanted us to come).

In the end I decided that I''ve spent years backing out of family vacations and as a result, hurting my father, and if he really wanted us to come with him, I wanted him to finally have this "family vacation" that he''s wanted for so long. The look on his face when I told him DH could take off from work and we would be able to come really made me feel so good and I know I made the right choice. He was so happy. And now I''m excited to not only go to Puerto Rico, but I really am looking forward to spending some time with my father and siblings because I don''t get to see them nearly enough.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I need to travel. I realize that I really, really regret not backpacking through Europe as many of my friends did when they were young. We went to Mexico in November (All-inclusive which I said I would NEVER do, but it was beautiful. Secrets Maroma) This year, in April, I''m thinking either Las Vegas (my husband''s DREAM) or Italy (My dream). In any case, if we do Vegas, we''ll probably take a second trip, but if we do Italy, that will be it for the year. I''m really excited about this!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 10:09:22 AM
Author: purselover
We are looking to take 1 or 2 trips this year they are still a bit up in the air but we''re thinking 5 or 6 nights in the Bahamas or DR with a few friends in April, and then in the Fall a long weekend somewhere (I''m hoping Vegas) or depending on money a trip to Europe maybe Ireland, or I''m hoping to go to China if we can find a cheap flight.
A couple days later and we''ve already changed travel plans! This April we''re going to spend a week in Scottsdale with friends (my parents have a place out there so we just need to pay for airfare!) and then in the Fall go to the Bahamas or DR.

livinginsg

Shiny_Rock
April: We will be going to Hong Kong (where I used to live) to celebrate our 1 year anniversary!:)!

Sept: DH''s sister is getting married and the celebration will be in Italy. So, we will do a short trip around South of France (check out the vineyards, etc) before the wedding.

We got to make a trip to Maldives (my elder brother has just confirmed a job posting there!!); 10 days at least is necessary!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
April/May: 1 week in Beaulieu-sur-mer with 4 days in Paris to follow

Late May: Tahoe for a family wedding

October: Hopefully Napa/San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results