shape
carat
color
clarity

What type of gifts do you like to receive?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
um, jewelry, of course

+1

I have very few people I receive presents from and also few people to give to. I like to receive bling but of course anything thoughtful is well received and appreciated. I LOVE flowers incidentally.

I have an extended family but they mostly live in the UK. We don't do the gift exchange thing bc there are just soooo many of us, that we'd end up being bankrupt, lol. I have my nephew here and usually give money (part of the culture where I now live) and/ or pretty dresses to his little girls. I usually send money to my dad bc he would then use it to give to my nieces and nephews which makes him happy. On that last note, I've sent him money in the past which has put my nephew through university and now my niece who's just finished her first year. I have given my nieces and sisters various pieces of bling over the years.

Of the friends that like and appreciate my cooking & baking, I cook for them and have them over for dinner and/ or I bake for them and have them collect my baked goods.

So, I agree with the sentiment that gift-giving can and should be done throughout the year and you do not need to wait for a special occasion or the holiday seasons.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my post isn't in relation to this topic, but i was on the internet and was brought to your page about a post you made back in 2004. it was about people getting married and how early is too early or it just about being th right time. i was wondering if you could give me your input on my relationship a little bit?

You might want to start a new thread with "relationship" or "marriage" in the title or "how soon is to soon"? We have a lot of relationship experience here
on PS and I'm sure some PSers would be happy to give you their opinion. Hopefully jaysonsmom will see it.

P

PierreBear

Fun question! From friends and distance relatives, I prefer nothing or the occasional bake goods. Not that I need to eat those sugary treats but I like the sentiment of putting effort into a home made gift. From DH and closer relatives, we usually distribute a Xmas list for specific items. I know some of the surprise is gone but it feels wasteful to receive an item that you really wouldn't use or it's in the wrong size/color etc.

One of my favorite presents surprisingly so far has been a kitchen aid stand mixer. I know... I'm behind on the times and was one of the rare women who didn't put it on the registry. I feel like every time I use it, I just get excited about it. It's a present that just keeps on giving as I try out new recipes.

Oh another favorite was camping gear. To have the right tent and sleeping bag... ahh what a treat!!! I suppose I like practical things that I need and reuse over and over again. I guess the love of practical things balances out the bling gifts!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So please give me a card.
And a photo of my wonderful children.
And homemade shortbread cookies or any other goodie you've made.

The material things I want are too expensive to be gifts from others.
Those things are on a 'Maybe Someday' List; they include a crazy expensive camera lens and diamonds (thanks PS).

Well, that was interesting to read what I wrote a year ago!
Since then, I did buy myself a new camera lens (and new camera body, bag, tripod, remote trigger ... :angel: ) , but the lens was simply 'wow, pricey', not 'have you lost your mind' expensive.

But I haven't bought myself any diamonds (yet).
And last night I accidentally found myself in a watch store admiring watches (again, thanks, PS). :whistle:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Money. I don't want gift cards, just give me greenbacks and change, I'm good with that!:mrgreen2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkly ones! :D

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
None. I don't want gifts or cards. Most is just clutter that gets donated or tossed. Anything I want or need I just buy ad-hoc. I don't enjoy gift-giving either.

Although I never decorate my home for any holidays, I do enjoy decorated public spaces, music, etc.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewelry or purses :dance:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to get 'experiences' usually of pampering lol. A nice hair cut, facial, spa day, etc. I hate getting 'stuff'. My in laws always give us random crap that we totally don't need. Which is why we now have 2 waffle makers, 2 blenders, etc.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
I love CHUP Smartwool socks, but I can’t bring myself to pay $40 for them. So I usually get a couple of pairs from DH :kiss2:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly? Lingerie, sex toys, or cash. That makes me sound like a sex worker, and bless them, but I’m not. I just likes what I likes.

Annie Loves Diamond

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'd like a diamond ring and earring, I hope I'm not asking too much, ahahahha:appl:

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Jewellery of course. But I'd like to add that I'd prefer it to be a sentimental piece. Most of my jewellery have no sentimental value any more, now that I'm divorced. I really should reset some of those pieces. Project for another time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results