shape
carat
color
clarity

What to wear with new light blue suit....pink one too...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know what got into me, but Casual Corner had an online sale last week and I got a great deal on a couple of cotton/lycra pantsuits. I orderered them fully expecting them not to actually fit well. But I was really surprised that they do fit. One suit is beach blue (basically a light blue) jacket & long low-waist flare pants. The other is light pink--jacket and more capri length pants. Problem is most all of my work clothes are black or brown...so all the shirts I have are for black & brown suits.

So, I''m looking for color combo ideas. I of course dug out the basic white shirt which does work...but I need more than just white... Can I wear a black shirt with the pastel color suits? What other colors would work?

Thanks for helping me find a way to justify my impulse shopping!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a blue suit shown with a mossy green and slightly bolder blue patterned cami.
I would suggest fun thin camies to wear beneath the suits with kitten heals or sassy stiletto sandals.
and I would avoid solid black. white is okay, but it may give the ensemble a washed out appearance depending on the shades of pink and blue.

blue suit.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are so not my colors, so my experience is limited, but I was thinking possibly a work-appropriate camisole in a soft cream color???

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
here is a fun pink cami example.
You can find fun and sassy camies anywhere from Old Navy to Neimans.
I have found some of my favorite and places like Bloom or Wet Seal. They are inexpensive, so you don''t feel bad about buying several.
9.gif

pink cami example.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh I just love black and light blue! That really makes it very "business"
And how about chocolate brown with either...you gotta have some chocolate and black shirts and tops in that closet! Ohh, and how about a camel colored top!!! That way you're still in your comfort zone with the browns and blacks!!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for brown or taupe with light blue--so incredibly classic yet fresh!
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2005 4:24:52 PM
Author: moremoremore
Oh I just love black and light blue! That really makes it very ''business''
And how about chocolate brown with either...you gotta have some chocolate and black shirts and tops in that closet! Ohh, and how about a camel colored top!!! That way you''re still in your comfort zone with the browns and blacks!!!

Oh that''s my mistake; I have no "chocolate" in my closet!
31.gif

P20050b.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
did someone say chocolate!?
18.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the ideas ladies. I went through my closet and found a taupe type shirt that works. Chocolate is good too. Black works, but it needs to be a more casual type fabric. I don''t have any true camel. I like the idea of the fun camis. I''ll have to hunt. I''m not a small on top girl and it''s a fine line on cami''s...many are almost "bimbo" on me.....not exactly a good work image considering I am the only girl in a department of 50 men....

I''ll have to find enough shirt options to justify keeping the suits......oh, darn, I might have to go shopping....

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2005 9:25:48 AM
Author: IslandDreams
I''ll have to hunt. I''m not a small on top girl and it''s a fine line on cami''s...many are almost ''bimbo'' on me.....not exactly a good work image considering I am the only girl in a department of 50 men....
Tell me about it!
2.gif

The regualr ones don''t fit the bust and if you try "women''s sizes" it might fit the bust but be swimming everywhere else!
20.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I love camis but they tend to make me look like I am hooking. I have found bras that have lace up to the top of the cup and straight across so it looksvery neat, about two or three inches from the collar bone. I wear these with cross over sweats and lower cut shirts so it looks like I have layered them, plus the bras are slightly minimizing so they help in that way too. Good Luck.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Matatora - who makes that bra you''re describing? Sounds like the perfect solution to one of my shirt dilemmas.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results