shape
carat
color
clarity

What to look for in an Eternity Band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

churchwedding

Rough_Rock
Been reading posts here at PS for some time and want to get some advice on eternity bands. I am engaged to be married in a few months and am now looking at some wedding bands. I am thinking of buying an eternity band for her and have noticed that they do not come with grading reports...presuably because the diamonds are so small. Most of the B&M we''ve looked at just say the stones are F/G, VS. That being the case, what should I look for when buying an eternity band?...I just want to make sure that I get a quality piece.

Also, would love to hear any suggestions for wedding bands that may look good with a Solitaire round (1.54 CT) in a channel set (8 stones, total CTW of .5) band.

Thanks much!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2006 3:49:40 PM
Author:churchwedding
Been reading posts here at PS for some time and want to get some advice on eternity bands. I am engaged to be married in a few months and am now looking at some wedding bands. I am thinking of buying an eternity band for her and have noticed that they do not come with grading reports...presuably because the diamonds are so small. Most of the B&M we've looked at just say the stones are F/G, VS.
yep..that's the way melee are graded. it's not unusual at all.

That being the case, what should I look for when buying an eternity band?...I just want to make sure that I get a quality piece.
look for quality workmanship... i.e. stones being similar sized and lined up well..clean lines on the metal..good overall finish.. those kinds of things.

Also, would love to hear any suggestions for wedding bands that may look good with a Solitaire round (1.54 CT) in a channel set (8 stones, total CTW of .5) band.

Thanks much!
i think a matching channel set band would be nice.
2.gif

make sure you get the right size if you go eternity!

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
My first inclination would be to "match" the chanel set portion of the e-ring band, both in style and in stone size/quality. But there are LOTS of options out there! Do you have any pictures of your e-ring so that we can possibly make so other suggestions too.

churchwedding

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replies...I don''t have a photo on me right now (I''m at work), but the e-ring is a round 1.54 F/VS2 with four round channel set diamonds on each side. I also am thinking of a channel set band as well as it would match well, but my fiance'' likes ''less'' conservative bands than I do and in a way, doesn''t care if the wedding band matches the e-ring band.

I''ve heard that if you don''t match the band to the e-ring (e.g. channel to channel) then one must avoid buying a band where the diamonds might ''knock'' into the e-ring and cause chipping (like a pave or knife edge band against the channel set e-ring?). Is this true?

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
I have a shared prong eterniny band where the stones "hang over" pretty significantly. The metal portion of the basket of the center stone on my original e-ring was scratched pretty severely by the diamonds over time. For that reason I''m carefully considering what to do about resetting my upgraded e-ring so it doesn''t happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results