shape
carat
color
clarity

What to expect when picking up the E-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gossipgirl

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!!! I need some valuable PS input!!!!

FF informed me that he will be picking up the e-ring from the jewelers tmw (YAY)!! Both of us are pretty clueless as to what to expect with the picking up process....

For that reason, can someone kindly shed some light on what the after sale process looks like? I think its fair to assume that a lot of paper work will go down, so what papers will the FF sign, as well as obtain for future reference?

I want to give him a heads up so that he knows what to expects and so that he is aware of the documents he needs to collect.

Thanks in advance everyone!!
GG

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi GossipGirl,

You must be so excited about the ring!

Unless your FF is financing the ring through the seller, I''m not sure why he''d have to sign anything...

As far as what paperwork he should obtain - receipt, GIA/AGS certificate, appraisal (if it comes with one). That''s all I can think of.

Hope that helps.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We got our ring in Tiffanys and as far as I can remember when we went to pick it up, they just had me try it on to make sure that it was resized ok and then they wrapped it up in the box. They send all the documents out in the post so we didn''t have to take anything away with us. I can''t see that you''d have to sign anything.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
OOOHHHH you must be so excited!!!

As far as paperwork goes...FI was at work when my ring was ready, so I went to pick it up...The only "paperwork" that needed my signature was the sales receipt. Nothing out of the ordinary of any other jewerly purchase. They might have him verify the diamond...I''ve heard of places that make you initial a form that has the diamond mapped on it to verify that what''s in the setting is in fact the diamond that should be in the setting...If they want him to do this make sure that they let him view the diamond through a scope and tell him what and where (if any) flaws are. It''s pretty much the fingerprint of your diamond...But don''t have him initial it without him seeing the diamond through a scope.

Other than that it should be smooth sailing
9.gif

Looking forward to seeing some pictures
2.gif

gossipgirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input ladies! I figured a sales receipt and the diamond certificate would be the main documents he had to pick up and what not. As it turns out, the jeweler also provided us with an appraisal as well so SCORES!!

The ring is in his possession ladiessssss! MAJOR DUST so that i dont have to wait foreverrrrrrr! Ahh!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 7:17:33 PM
Author: gossipgirl
Thanks for the input ladies! I figured a sales receipt and the diamond certificate would be the main documents he had to pick up and what not. As it turns out, the jeweler also provided us with an appraisal as well so SCORES!!

The ring is in his possession ladiessssss! MAJOR DUST so that i dont have to wait foreverrrrrrr! Ahh!!
Regarding the bolded part, it''s usually advisable to get your ring appraised by an independent appraiser to make sure that the diamond is actually the diamond the jeweler says it is (as in, stats may vary slightly but to make sure, if you paid for an H VS2, you didn''t actually get a K SI2 or something). You can find a list of independent appraisers in your area (if you are in the US) here on Pricescope. Best to do this soon, while in your return window on the off-chance that the independent appraisal doesn''t match with the jeweler''s appraisal.

Very excited for you that your ring is ready for you!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results