shape
carat
color
clarity

what to do with 11 pt princess orphans???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
I have eight or ten 11 point princess cut diamonds. they''re all e or f color and IF. I''m not sure if I have 8 or 10 b/c they''re not actually mine yet, but my stepmoms, and she''s giving them to me as a gift (they''re from a channel set eternity W-band from my late father). she was going to put them in a 2x2 stud setting w/ prongs where the 4 stones share a prong where they meet at the 4 points. this is what a jeweler suggested. I''m not sure I''ll like that look though, and I''m thinking about drop/dangle earrings instead. any good ideas? I made these by butchering some very different earrings on photoshop. I''m not sure if they''re something that''ll actually look good once made. also, not sure if a jeweler would make them. any thoughts on this?

Threader_princessx4.JPG

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
It''s a great idea, much better than a cluster imho.

here are 2 other variations of the same design, i don''t think it should be a problem to make.

EarrPr7.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The earrings look beautiful, but if the stones are all E/IF...I wouldn''t use ''em on earrings that will be seen so far away....I''d make a ring!!! But that''s me.
2.gif

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
wow administrator, the ones on the right are great. thanks. that''s more what i wanted but i didn''t realize it until i saw it.

FG, i see what you mean about earrings, but i just don''t think i would wear a ring. until a few months ago when my wonderful boyfriend gave me a beautiful diamond and sapphire engagement ring, i never wore rings, ever. the only thing i wore besides my sports watch was an occasional pair of earrings. and i can see myself maybe wearing 2 rings, but i''m reserving the place for a second ring on my right hand for my current e-ring and i''ll wear the oval and 2 half moon ring (yes, like kaleigh''s***) that i plan to get in ? 5 or 7 years ? as an e/w-ring. but that''s a whole ''nother topic so nevermind...

the fact that the diamonds are IF is more of a sentimental thing for me, as it was/is for my step mom. but whatever i did with them it''s just something nice to have to remind me of my dad, and to wear occasionally.

***isn''t it ready yet!?!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
a ring or a diamonds by the yard type necklace. Someone here has earring jackets VERY similar to those that would be cool if you have studs already. You might have enough to make two projects
27.gif
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2006 11:48:44 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
or a diamonds by the yard type necklace

I think the earrings are pretty but I KNOW I''d get a lot more everyday wear out of a Diamonds By The Yard type necklace. I think that would look really cool with princess stones and the bezels around them would even enhance their size.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2006 12:09:29 AM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 11/9/2006 11:48:44 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

or a diamonds by the yard type necklace

I think the earrings are pretty but I KNOW I''d get a lot more everyday wear out of a Diamonds By The Yard type necklace. I think that would look really cool with princess stones and the bezels around them would even enhance their size.

You could maybe make a DBY bracelet too depending on how far apart you set them.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think the earrings look GREAT! i love the new version with the diamonds set ''on pointe''. those would look spectacular.

keep us posted on what you decide!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I would say I would do the necklace thing. It would get more use i think. You can make a DBTY choker type thing. That would be great and you would never notice you are wearing it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since ring is out I definitely vote either starset earrings (the diamonds ''on point'') or a DBY type necklace!

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
I would say diamond by the yard necklace ( long one like 22inch or more)

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
What about a bracelet where you could look at it all day? Like the Whiteflash bangle? with the 11 diamonds shared prong set?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wonderful to have these stones to remind you of your Dad. I vote for the necklace.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results