shape
carat
color
clarity

what to do first? help finding diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so in starting over, I need to:

1) find a diamond. I want at least .75 ct, round (H & A would be nice but is it a necessity?), GIA cert, H or a REALLY white I in color (G would be great, but I think that''s asking too much), at least SI1 in clarity (just want eye clean, don''t care so much about anything I can''t see when looking at it on my hand.)

2) find a setting. I like a couple of Whiteflash''s -- Fine Line and Legato. They''re both so similar. Fine Line is a little simpler, which I like, but I could be talked into the Legato. :)

3) decide how to have the diamond and setting put together. Whiteflash''s stones seem a little higher priced, but maybe not?? If I got both from them, that would sure make things easy.

4) find a wedding band. I love SP eternity bands. Not sure if I should go that route or not. The one I like is $1844 or so with F-G, VVS-VS. I would be fine having it made with G-H, VS. I''m sure Isaac could accomodate that. Wonder what that would do to the price? I''m guessing it would reduce it by a couple hundred maybe? I think it''s best to wait until I have the finished ering before I decide on the wband.

So, if I spend all day researching this at work, I''ll probably lose my job. :) I need your VERY valuable advice on the stone. I''m open to buying it from any vendor here, but like I said, WF would be convenient.

If you see stones that meet these specs, please send the links my way! That is the first thing I need to decide on for sure. Thanks again to all of you!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I might have missed something in your other threads... but what is your budget?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katiedid,
This thread will generate more replies if posted in Rocky Talky. You can request that the admin move it.

Date: 5/30/2007 11:23:38 AM
Author:katiedid
Ok, so in starting over, I need to:

1) find a diamond. I want at least .75 ct, round (H & A would be nice but is it a necessity?), GIA cert, H or a REALLY white I in color (G would be great, but I think that''s asking too much), at least SI1 in clarity (just want eye clean, don''t care so much about anything I can''t see when looking at it on my hand.)

2) find a setting. I like a couple of Whiteflash''s -- Fine Line and Legato. They''re both so similar. Fine Line is a little simpler, which I like, but I could be talked into the Legato. :)

3) decide how to have the diamond and setting put together. Whiteflash''s stones seem a little higher priced, but maybe not?? If I got both from them, that would sure make things easy.
Yup, would definitely agree since you are over the big pond.

4) find a wedding band. I love SP eternity bands. Not sure if I should go that route or not. The one I like is $1844 or so with F-G, VVS-VS. I would be fine having it made with G-H, VS. I''m sure Isaac could accomodate that. Wonder what that would do to the price? I''m guessing it would reduce it by a couple hundred maybe? I think it''s best to wait until I have the finished ering before I decide on the wband.
Isaac can make the bands using G and VS stones. It seems that they give the option of their usual F/G and VVS stuff or G/H and VS. The price will be reduced but I don''t know by how much. Give him a call. I''ve had him price out several eternity bands for me in the not too recent past using various metal, stone sizes and stone clarity & colour. He was very accomodating even though I had no intention of buying. I was just "window shopping".

So, if I spend all day researching this at work, I''ll probably lose my job. :) I need your VERY valuable advice on the stone. I''m open to buying it from any vendor here, but like I said, WF would be convenient.

If you see stones that meet these specs, please send the links my way! That is the first thing I need to decide on for sure. Thanks again to all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results