shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do after you see a diamond you like?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Detox

Rough_Rock
I am going to view dimaonds this weekend. What is the sequence of events if I see a diamond I like?

Do I request that the vendor send the diamond to an independant appraiser before I purchase? One Vendor has already told me that if the diamond is sent to an independent apprasier and the diamond differs from the cert I have no recourse. Teh Vendor seemed really honest though and was just telling me up front.

It seems a lot of jewlers do not have full specs (crown angles, pavaillion angles etc) on diamonds because they are not in the cert report. Do I request that this additional information be provided? What if they don''t have it?

Help is greatly appreciated.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Buy from someone who will give you a few days to decide if it is the right diamond for you and your intended. It isn''t just being allowed to visit an appraiser, it is just not being pressured into a purhcase that is totally final immediately. Buy from a seller who gives you a little room to breathe and think what is best.

A good vendor is willing to let a consumer make a reasonably informed decision. A pressure seller will force a decision. Which is better? Everyone knows.

Do not use an appraiser recommened by a seller. It just isn''t the right thing to rely upon. It could be totally innocent, but you get one chance, so do the job properly. Use an appraiser, should you decide you need one at all, of your own choice.

After you sort of get a handle on what you like and can afford, take a few minutes to doa Pricescope search and see how well you are being treated. You could be pleasantly surprised or find out you are being asked too much. I can''t begin to predict, but with the knowledge of competitive prices you will be better prepared to haggle a little and get to a fair number where you and the seller are pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results