shape
carat
color
clarity

What strange and quirky things do your pet(s) do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 11:49:09 AM
Author: piccolascimmia
My husband has taught our dog to burp after every meal. It started off innocently enough where doggy just accidentally burped after a meal, then my husband started encouraging it by patting him on the back after every meal, and now doggy burps even without rubbing or patting. UGH. As if one burping person in the house wasn''t enough!
Bwahahahahhaha! No way! I''ve never heard an animal burp!

Our black cat sits at the window and mimics the birds chirping.
My fluffy cat licks me if I have my sunblock lotion on. For some reason he likes it. Cat tongue hurts.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 1:05:30 PM
Author: CurlySue

Date: 7/1/2009 12:53:28 PM
Author: sunnyd
These are too funny!

Dewey, our cat, is a real dumbo. He LOOOOOVES plastic. Any kind. He chews it up then barfs it out. He mostly does it when he''s trying to get us to feed him. In the morning, both FI and I have to chase him out of the bedroom! He also loves string cheese and yogurt. With the cheese, he''ll hear the wrapper open and run and sit on your lap and try to swat the cheese out of your hand! He''s a very bad boy.
38.gif
9.gif
He loves talking though. He responds when we talk to him.

Trooper, our other cat, loves to hear himself sing. He''ll go in the entry with vaulted ceilings and just howl like a crazy man! He''s also easily scared, so if you move too quickly, he''ll run away. He did save his brother''s life once though by meowing at me when Dewey had fallen headfirst behind the water heater and gotten wedged between that and the wall. He''s like Lassie. LOL!! I swear he''s on his last life...

Ha! I just saw this.... your cat and my dog would definitely be in quite a battle if they ever hung out together!
Hehehe! How funny!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
My little dog howls to opera music and noses people in the calves when they''re not expecting it. So cute!

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Oh... I don''t have time to read all of these tonight (too late!) but I will do so tomorrow! My weird (annoying) MinPin, Maus (hence my screen name) does all sorts of weird things but the funniest is when she pees she usually stands on her FRONT legs only and raises her hind legs up (handstand). Gotta get it on video and put it on YouTube or something. It''s pretty funny. My crazy old cat, Squid, likes potato chips and Cheezies, so much so that she will open a bag lying on the counter and stick her head in it and eat them. I''ve come home to food on the floor that she''s knocked off (I had open cupboards for a while). She also used to sleep on top of the TV before I got a flat screen (when there was more room) and she''d fall off all the time when she was really deeply asleep. "THUNK - meow"

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
One of our cats, Charlie, AKA the Chuckle Monster, dribbles when he is happy. Its really horrid, he''ll be on your lap, purring away and you have big wet patches on your trousers. He has actually ruined a leather sofa as his dribble has stained. Bella, one of the other cats, can only drink if she has her paw in the water bowl. The third cat, doesn''t have many quirks.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
If I wash my bathroom floor or tub with a water/bleach solution, I have to lock out my cat Salem. For some reason, he LOVES it, will roll around on the wet floor, even lick it... I wonder if it gets him high or something. Even when I shut the door when I''m done, he''ll sit there and paw at the door and meow. Weirdo.
Oh, and he got into the habit of drinking from the water glasses we bring into the bedroom. Ew. To the point that if there''s no water in the bedroom, he''ll retaliate by knocking stuff off the nightstand, and meow at us. So now we drink our water from bottles, and Salem has his special glass
20.gif
And any other cup of water sitting around the house is fair play for him too.

These stories are funny! I liked the one about the dog singing to the Young & the Restless. My dad has a bird that goes nuts to "Jeopardy"... the part when people reveal the "double jeopardy" answers.

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
My dog runs and barks whilst he is asleep and dreaming. His feet just imitate the running motion when he is lying down. It is so amusing to watch.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 6:36:06 AM
Author: Lynnie
If I wash my bathroom floor or tub with a water/bleach solution, I have to lock out my cat Salem. For some reason, he LOVES it, will roll around on the wet floor, even lick it... I wonder if it gets him high or something. Even when I shut the door when I''m done, he''ll sit there and paw at the door and meow. Weirdo.
That just reminded me of the third cat, Sala''s little quirk. She waits outside the bathroom till DF has had his shower, then sprints into the bedroom. As he is getting dried and clothes ready, she rubs against his bare feet, rolly pollying and purring with joy, rubbing her teeth against his toes. She loves it. Doesn''t do it with me, she must love his hairy toes!

Smo

Shiny_Rock
Oh god, this thread makes me so happy and so, so sad at the same time. My beautiful dog used to "dig" in his blankets and then hide his head down between his front legs. So so cute! He used to wake me up ever more by coming into my room and nudging me gently until I work up. Then he would stand back with this happy cheeky look on his face wagging his tail like crazy. God I miss him so much. He was the best dog ever.

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
Our dog does a "treat dance" anytime you give her a treat. She doesn''t eat the treat right away, instead she takes it into the other room, drops it on the floor and literally dances around it and talks/barks at it for about 1.5-2 minutes until she will start to eat it. I have video of it, but obviously cannot post it - IT IS HILARIOUS.

That''s just one of the many.

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 10:59:58 AM
Author: monarch64
My dog licks the couch. It''s SUPER weird. She cannot, under any circumstances, be dissuaded from doing it, though.
40.gif
MINE TOO!! What it this? So weird.. My boy dog also *has* to smell the toilet after anyone goes to the bathroom..nothing too involved, just a quick sniff. He will sit outside the bathroom door and wait his turn for this. If anyone yawns or sneezes he has to come check it out.. and by that I mean he has to come stick his nose by your mouth and smell it to make sure it''s all ok. I''m not sure what he thinks he''s going to find!!

My girl dog (puppy) won''t do anything until she find my boy dog. So when I come home, I let her out of her crate and she runs all over until she finds my boy dog. Only then will she run to the door to go out. If he doesn''t run to the door she will run back to him and just sit by him. I think she''s a little dependent..
3.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Me dogs are little weirdos...

Walter- he does the robber walk thru the house and sneaks around like he is being bad...he is not misbehaving but if you act like you caught him he gets all excited...sooooo cute.

Dean- oh boy, this dog is a hoot. He stares- like not just for a minute but all the time- if you sit and stare him down he''ll pounce on you and lick your face. If you sing, he howls, if you knock on any surface he barks....

My favorite thou- all though SO ANNOYING is when he is ready for us to get out of bed he will sit by the door/ or end of bed and shimmy his neck so his tags jingle OMG i could kill him sometimes!

IMG00074-20090517-1316.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Funny, I was thinking about this just last night...

I have two female cats, both about 6 years old. The first one is a huge talker and it''s both funny and annoying. We finally were able to get her to stop waking us up at night, but when DH gets up at 5 AM, she is unstoppable. When she finds a piece of paper, a hair tie or anything to play with, she''ll play with it for a while, then she''ll sit and meow. And she won''t stop until you take it away from her. It''s kind of funny, except when she does it at night!
20.gif
Oh, and she talks to birds.

The second one is a bit of a weirdo. She randomly jumps at walls, chases her own tail while sitting on a chair (and looks absolutely stunned when she catches it and bites herself, or falls off the chair), and sometimes misses when jumping on a widowsill or chair. I''d never seen a cat do that before.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 6:36:06 AM
Author: Lynnie
If I wash my bathroom floor or tub with a water/bleach solution, I have to lock out my cat Salem. For some reason, he LOVES it, will roll around on the wet floor, even lick it... I wonder if it gets him high or something. Even when I shut the door when I'm done, he'll sit there and paw at the door and meow. Weirdo.
Oh, and he got into the habit of drinking from the water glasses we bring into the bedroom. Ew. To the point that if there's no water in the bedroom, he'll retaliate by knocking stuff off the nightstand, and meow at us. So now we drink our water from bottles, and Salem has his special glass
20.gif
And any other cup of water sitting around the house is fair play for him too.

These stories are funny! I liked the one about the dog singing to the Young & the Restless. My dad has a bird that goes nuts to 'Jeopardy'... the part when people reveal the 'double jeopardy' answers.
One of my cats (the talking one) does that too. Really weird. She likes dirty dish rags too. When I sort my laundry, she likes to find them and rub herself on them. It's kind of gross, since they usually don't smell that good.

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
Loving all these cute quirks. My Jack (in the avatar) is clearly a licker. He''s very VERY affectionate and licks freely. His cutest quirk (gosh there are so many) is how he jumps up and down on his hind legs with his paws in the air when we get home from work. He greets us like this every day without fail. We call it the "all hail". Our friends who watched him while we were on our honeymoon called it "the zombie." He also does a very cute stretchy walk in the mornings or whenever he wakes up from a nap. So he takes these LONG strides and it looks like he''s strutting towards you all sexily. But he''s really just stretching. I LOVE IT.

I''m so sorry SMO
7.gif
- Please know that you gave your pooch the best life he could ever have. Hugs to you.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2009 3:00:26 PM
Author: MissPrudential
Date: 7/1/2009 11:10:22 AM

Author: elledizzy5

My cat Ferris likes to be in the bathroom with you when you''re going. When you''re sitting on the toilet, he likes to rub his face/nibble on your bare thigh. Thats the only time ever does anything like that.

He''s... weird.
20.gif

Haha... my cats kitty box is right next to the toilet and given the opportunity, she will without fail go while you''re going. It totally grosses me out. I live alone so there''s no real reason for me to shut the bathroom do when I''m in there but with this little habit of hers, I must. Sometimes when it''s like 4am and I get up to go, I''ll forget to shut the door and she''ll jump out of bed to go with me. So ewwww.

Aaaaggghhhh, mine too!!! It seriously grosses me out! He also likes to watch when we''re in the shower -- he''ll stand on the tank of the toilet and put his front paws on the towel bar, and twist his little head back and forth as he watches. I''m sure he thinks we''re completely nuts to be standing under water and using soap -- it probably grosses him out!

Other things...he likes to "help" me when I''m cooking by standing in front of me with his front paws against the cabinets, reaching up now to sort of wave and remind me he''s there, and meowing a lot. He also hits us (no claws or he''d really be in trouble) when he''s angry. Just runs up and bam-bam-bam against our legs with his front paws. I''ve tried to discipline and teach him that we don''t hit, but he''s not having any of it.

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
I thought of another random quirk that makes me laugh so hard...my dog not only burps after every meal, but hates blimps and planes that tow advertising banners. We live near a major stadium and get our fair share of weird lower flying planes, blimps, etc. One time they were flying around, and we came out side to the yard. My dog looks up, sees the blimp, and barks like I''ve never seen him bark before. Blimp moved on its way, and my dog was satisfied/calm. Now we point them out to him so he can ''help'' us chase them away
41.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
We have an American Bulldog, which are gassy by nature. (I was reading the fart etiquette thread, and all I could think of was my dog.) Either way, he farts A LOT, and sometimes it surprises him, so if he is laying down he will swing his head towards his butt and start sniffing, then he will fart again while his face is right there and just look and sniff. His farts are LOUD too, and stinky. He also farts while going up stairs, getting into cars, and climbing into his window seat.

Sorry if I grossed anyone out.....
28.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ezra loves the plastic bits you pull off of a gallon jug of milk. The seal, I guess. He flings it around and throws it in the air. Silly cat. He also has a favourite toy that he carries from room to room to nap with. It''s not a small one, either. It''s one of those plastic wands with a string and then something fuzzy at the end that you hold and wave around and make them try to catch it. More often than not I wake up in the morning and he and the toy are in the bed with me.

Bodhi has a toy that is like his security blanket. It''s a little brown rabbit that had a squeaker in it. Only he ripped out all of the stuffing, so now it''s just the pelt. But he''ll carry it everywhere, and sometimes it''s the only way to get him out of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results