shape
carat
color
clarity

What stones would you recommend for this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Hello colored stone peoples:)

I am starting a RHR project (we'll maybe several RHR projects
2.gif
)

1. A five-stone diamond RHR ring with OEC diamonds
2. An LOGR jazz-inspired ring in rose gold with milgrain
3. A version of this ring in yellow gold with diamonds and some type of fiery, sparkly orange stones...any recommendations on stone-type and/or vendor for the orange stones?

They should be:
durable
not very expensive (budget is an issue, especially since I am trying to prioritize these projects:)
heat treatment is ok but no other treatments
I may want to have them custom cut (I really prefer chunky old fashioned type facets and a small open culet
20.gif
)

Thanks!

P.S. for anyone who was following this, my new WF earrings have some vendor pics up on SMTR
36.gif

orangestoneanddiamondbezel.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Firey orange?

I can think of a few;

spessartite garnet. Citrines can sometimes be orangish. Topaz can be orangish but that color can make them expensive if natural.

The orangier the spess the more likely you won''t find clean material, so thats going to be a challenge. reddish orange tends to be clean, not as expensive, but it may also be too dark for what you want.

Orange sapphires well.... that would be out. orange that isn''t treated to death can cost a lot of money.

Is orange the only color you want to go with?

-A

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking spessarite garnet.

How much would I need to baby it though? I take my rings off for any major work with my hands, doing dishes, and sleeping, other than that I wear them all the time. A RHR I would probably wear less though...

I''m feeling a fiery warm orange/orangy red in yellow gold with white diamonds for this.

I forgot to mention my other RHR project, an assher aqua with tapered baguette sides.
3.gif
My ering is a dark royal blue sapphire three stone, so I''d love for this ring to be really warm hence the orange stones and yellow gold..) It''ll be a while before I can get this done, I''m just trying to figure out what kinds of stones I''d like and figure out rough pricing so I can decide what I should start saving for first
2.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for spessartite garnet too.

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
It looks to me like the bezels come up at least level with the table of the stones. If that is indeed the case, you shouldn''t have to baby it too much with spess. That being said, it is still a garnet and needs at least some consideration.

Though somewhat too soft to work well in a ring, clinohumite would be a perfect stone color-wise. Juicy, pure orange. M M Good.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I third or fourth the recommendation for spessartite garnets. Citrine might be too soft and yellowish while orange sapphires are going to be out of your budget.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I never browsed LOGR although heard much about it but I am amazed at the design. Pretty interesting and appears high-quality. Good luck with finding the stones.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
While there are quite a few orangy stones out there, I think your selection could be down to four. Spessartite, hessonite (also a garnet, and often comes in shades similar to those in your photo), citrine (could be tricky to find them small enough, but that color is not impossible to come by) and zircon (goes the same as for citrine). But if you''ll do this custom, keep in mind that the cost of stones might be quite insignificant when compared to the overall final price due to labor involved (primarily setting of all the stones).

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone, I think spessarite is the winner (which was what I thought in the first place:) and will do some research into exactly how I''d like them cut. I found an Adwar setting that could be used so I think I''m getting a pretty good idea of what the project would entail.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely spessartite!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results