shape
carat
color
clarity

What specs to give him?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock

I think its time to give my FF the specs for our dream diamond. He really wants to surprise me and i think he will either take one of my friends who really has a good eye for jewelry and diamonds and whose collection I would love to have some photos of so I could post her eye candy here for all to see...or he may go with his best friend, who is already married and bought his wife a Tiffany diamond.

Anyway, I wanted to provide my FF with as much info as possible to make it easier for him to choose a stone. I am not sure if he will end up buying from online or B&M, but at least he will have the info needed to choose a well cut stone.

Here are some specs I got from Bob at WF:

GS Ideal cut diamond or a GIA Excellent cut with AGS 0 proportions.
Table 53 to 57%
Depth 60 to 62%
Crown angle 34 to 35 degrees
Pavilion angle 40.6 to 40.8 degrees
Girdle thin, medium, slightly thick or any combination of these
Polish Ideal if AGS or Excellent if GIA
Symmetry Ideal if AGS or Excellent if GIA
Fluorescence None, faint or medium blue. Nothing higher
(VS1-SI1, but maybe even SI2, if it is eye-clean

I will let the FF know that colors from F-I are OK as well.

I will let him know to get as colorless and as large of a stone as possible that is in his budget (I think we will be looing at 1,25+), but that if it well cut and faces up white, I would prefer a larger stone that is lower in color, for wahtever will fall into his budget.

What else should I tell him? What other specs??

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!! This is so exciting!!
36.gif

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Nice job! That is a great list to assist him in getting through this process and making sure what he decides on is something with which you will be delighted.

Maybe, if he educates himself, based on your list, he will develop an eye or preferences with regards to color and clarity himself, therefore, enabling him to make an even better, more informed decision.

Good on you! Can''t wait to see what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results