shape
carat
color
clarity

what size side stones should I use????????????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ryman1980

Rough_Rock
I am building a 3 stone princess engagement ring and I have a question about the size of the side stones. The center diamond is going to be .96 carat. The side stone are going to be princess as well but is there a size range of diamonds that I should be looking at for the side stones? Bluenile.com says that the side stones should be around .50 is there a preferred proportion or is it personal preference. If it is personal preference can you please share with me what size you think I should go with.

Thanks

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size (milimeters) is the center stone? From 60% to 80% deep princess cuts out there, there is some variation of size for any carat weight
2.gif

Of course the sides are a matter of preference, so you must be the one to decide. The "design your ring" application at www.adiamondisforever.com allows you to choose different side sizes. However, that site as most takes weight for size - so it helps to choose a set of proportions you like and work out what weight and real-life size would that mean for your chsoen center
read.gif

Hope this makes sense...

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I love three stone rings! I think it's what I want for my e-ring. It's definitely personal preference as far as size of sidestones go, but the most common ratios used are 1:2 or 1:3. I prefer the sidestones as more of an accent look then the smoother tapering of the classic 1:2 ratio, so I personally like the look of smaller sidestones better. You should take a look at a few 3-stone rings with sidestones of varying proportions and see what you like. There are quite a few in the eye candy folder if you want to scan through there. Either way, any which way you go, you'll still end up with a gorgeous ring!
wink2.gif

ginger

edited to add: I used the www.adiamondisforever.com website to figure out my preference (my mathematically inclined bf figured out the size ratios based on the spread so that we wouldn't be relying on the less accurate carat weight)

ryman1980

Rough_Rock
The dimensions of the center stone are:

Weight- .96
Measurements- 5.61 x 5.55 x 3.90
Depth- 70%
Table- 73%
Girdle- M-STK
Culet- None
Clarity- VS1
Color- F

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results