shape
carat
color
clarity

What signs do you look for from your BF?

mhova

Rough_Rock
Curious as to what things I should NOT be doing so I don''t tip her off about the surprise. Besides the obvious questions about ring size or style, what other things would/have tipped you off to a soon-to-be proposal?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
-When he brought me a pretzel home from the mall and had no real reason to be there (aside from being at the jewelery store lol)
-Telling me he was requesting a private booth for our date on a TUESDAY (yeah like the restaurant is really going to be that packed lol)
-He asked his friend over world of warcraft to be his best man while I was sitting right there! (yes before he even asked me lol)
-He put a business card for the jeweler who helped us on the fridge.

Other than all those obvious things, he kept making hints about what kind of wedding he would like, telling me to start looking at dresses. I actually have a whole thread on here about the night I suspected he was going to propose, and I was right on the money!!
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tonights-the-night.96344/

TheyCall

Rough_Rock
I want to start with, I haven't been proposed to. But I have ruined a lot of my BF's surprises because I pick up on things I shouldn't.

Things that let me know he is up to something:

1. He asks me a million times to double check our plans (he only does this when it is imperative I don't forget we have plans)

2. He is very demanding about a certain activity, day, or time. Usually we wind up with the "I don't know, where would you like to go?" debacle; if he knows exactly what he wants to do and isn't into a compromise if I don't want to...something is up because normally we are pretty laid back about plans.

3. He stops answering his phone and calls me back a few minutes later to disguise his surroundings. I once ruined a surprise party because I heard my 2 BFF's in the background, They were supposedly at home 3 states away, but really they flew in for my party.

4. He works less. He is kinda a workaholic, so when he takes off early - something is up.

Those are my dead giveaways, it really just depends on how well she knows your day to day and how nervous you get. Once one thing is suspicious, she is more likely to pick up on other things. Plus, my BF is a really bad at lieing, its pretty cute though. I would say, she'll probably figure out something is up - sooo just make sure she doesn't think it is a proposal. Stay away from ANYTHING wedding. No friends proposals, no dresses, no ANYTHING wedding, diamond, ring, dress, or engagement related! At least not any more than is normal.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Unusual twitches, tics, or other signs of nervousness.

2. Larger bulge than normal in pocket.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 3:16:29 PM
Author: monarch64

Bahahaha!! You''re talking about the ring box, oui?
3.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 6:29:38 PM
Author: sunnyd
Date: 6/11/2010 3:16:29 PM

Author: monarch64

Bahahaha!! You''re talking about the ring box, oui?
3.gif

One of you ladies owes me a new computer screen...mine now has water all over it.
3.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha love the bulge comment... yeah that would be a dead give away, hope no guy is quite that bad at hiding surprises.

I also haven''t been proposed to but I can almost always spot a surprise. First off I would get as few people involved as possible, too many people to ruin it. If you need people I would ask them last minute to avoid anything spilling.

Definitely don''t be too crazy about her needing to be free that night or reminding her about your plans, I would definitely pick up on that.

I know a few girls here had SO''s who bought them gift certificates for manicures that week which gave it away (but in most cases the girls already pretty much knew it was coming).

Just try to be as normal as possible, easier said than done though, I know. SO never makes more than 1 comment about me looking nice before we go out somewhere so if he was drooling over me I''d be suspicious. Maybe if you know you''ll be proposing in the near future, be conscious of how you act now in a similar situation that will precede your proposal so you know what your "normal" is.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
Anything you do that is out of the ordinary will tip a keen woman off. If you''re always late, be late. If you never make reservations for dinner, don''t make reservations. If you never ask her to dress up, don''t ask her to dress up. Finally, If you never have a bulge in your pants pocket... see your doctor.

Treefrog

AnneTossy

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 4:23:12 PM
Author: treefrog
Anything you do that is out of the ordinary will tip a keen woman off. If you''re always late, be late. If you never make reservations for dinner, don''t make reservations. If you never ask her to dress up, don''t ask her to dress up. Finally, If you never have a bulge in your pants pocket... see your doctor.

Treefrog
oh my god!! i just laughed my butt off at work. lol, too funny :)

A

Anonymous

LOL! Thanks for making me look like a loon at work for randomly laughing out loud.
26.gif

Ditto the other ladies - especially anything out of the ordinary in terms of behavior. Oh, and unexplained periods of time that you are out of touch (unless that''s common for you). That was a big one for me in terms of when my FI actually bought the ring. The other thing would have been him insisting on riding the cable cars (which we did on our first date) and being disappointed when they were closed. He had a good backup plan though.
2.gif

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
When I read "has a larger bulge then...." hahahahahhahahaha. Of course I initially thought what most of us did.

But hey! Maybe proposing is "exciting" for men...thus the "larger bulge then usual"
31.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results