shape
carat
color
clarity

what should I do

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!! We definitely need more pictures please
30.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
wow ! how sweet of your hubby!! wonderful surprise E-ring
I'm glad you decided to keep it too
it's so beautiful
36.gif

amyrock

Rough_Rock
Wow, no one has ever told me how hard it is to take a picture of a diamond...

Thank you all for your kind words. Here are some better picture of the ring :)

amyrock4.JPG

amyrock

Rough_Rock
Here is another one.

amyrock2.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow....It''s absolutely beautiful!
30.gif

Congratulations!
widget

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful! I''m glad you decided to keep it... :)

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I am also very glad you decided to keep it...it''s stunning! And there is something special about Tiffany''s even despite the markup!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful...just relax a bit...gaze at that lovely ring and stone and when those thoughts of how much he spent creep up, remember how much time he took for you to have such a lovely reminder of his love...
emlove.gif

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Amyrock, did you know that Tiffany''s has a one time trade up policy? Granted you''ll have to choose a ring that''s double the cost of this one, that''s $36,000.00 & pay the difference of $16,000.00 but you can do it 10, 20, even 30 years from now if you really want that large stone because I don''t think Tiffany''s will be going out of business for at least 1,000 plus years! But honestly I think your stone is so pretty with that diamond band you''ll probably end up keeping the ring forever!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring... and there is just something about the little blue box! Congratulations!!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Phew...what a relief you decided to keep it.

He obviously feels that you are ''the best'' and deserve ''the best''

It looks fabulous!

Enjoy in good health!

Blod
35.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, yes, that is a keeper! The ring is beautiful and looks stunning on your hand.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow you''ve got this picture taking thing down now! Just gorgeous and the rings look perfect on your hand!!!

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it''s gorgeous! I''m so glad you decided to keep it!! I''m sure your hubby put a lot of thought into getting it and it means so much to him that you like it too. Don''t feel bad for your original thoughts, each and every one of us ladies think about size hahaha. It would of crossed my mind too....''Wow 16k.....wonder how big I could of gotten for that online.'' BUT even with the mark up he purchased something quality and very nice. 16k is an amazing budget, I think if we would of had that to spend I would of died from diamond excitement! But it''s gorgeous!

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Actually I just did some looking on a loose diamond search engine at one of the vendors on here and for 16k searching for an ideal diamond around your color and clarity I came up with about the size you got actually and thats without your setting. Depending on the cut if your diamond your hubby may of gotten a really good deal. :)

amyrock

Rough_Rock
Thanks devientdrow!

I''ve been wearing the ring for the last couple of days and loving it. It sparkels and I get giddy when I am looking at it.

Bye Bye $5k! Hello Tiffany!

Now I have to get insurance...

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Respecting a husband''s decision that he made on your behalf without cost as a regard is a good decision.

I''m glad you kept it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Richard and the others who said you are wise to keep the ring. So often the problem could be just the opposite...a surprise diamond of poor quality being overpaid. A Tiffany ring has to be right up there among the best possible surprises! Congratulations!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Before you decide to keep this ring. How is the cut of that diamond? Make sure that if you are gonna have a Tiffany ring, the cut should be ideal.

Looking at the close up pic of the real Tiffany setting, it seem the replicas just can't seem to get the tips of the prongs (part that folds over the diamond) quite right. I wish the vendors would work on that:razz:

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
HOLY CRAP that is GORGEOUS.

KEEP IT.

You''re lucky. I''m jealous. Oh that is lovely.
Wow you''re lucky.

d3kim

Rough_Rock
I agree as well to keeping it. As a guy, that is what I would want.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should keep it. Your Hubby probably wanted to buy you some of the Tiffany''s dream, glamour, prestige, romance and history with your lovely new rock and wanted you to have this, a very special sort of gift worthy of the woman he loves. There is always a bigger, cheaper diamond etc, it is the nature of the beast - so congratulations and enjoy your very beautiful ring and gift! Lucky girl!
30.gif
30.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Great choice in keeping it. Although I am guilty of "bashing" T&C here, I do have lots of their stuff (from diamond earrings to silver key chains) and continue to buy stuff for friends who love nothing more than the little blue box. As someone stated, the "anti" T&C is not really that, it''s just frustration over the prices. It kills me to think of my parents spending so much on my diamond earrings when they could have saved a lot. But, I can honestly say that I would NEVER reject a gift from Tiffany''s--never. When people buy you something from there they are saying that you''re worth it. What''s better than that?

Actually, now that I think about it, my hubby must have been saying I''m big, square, and flashy with my ring/setting! (my princess cut was purchased from Whiteflash--get it? Sorry, bad joke)
37.gif

Wow. I need to sleep. I''m just happy because I have a chance at getting my dream job, and therefore can''t sleep!

amyrock

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the reminder of verifying the cut.
Here is the spec on the diamond. Can anyone tell if it is a good cut? It seem to fall within the ideal cut ranges. I don''t know how to evaluate it beyond that.

GIA Cert:
Mesurement - 7.13 - 7.17 x 4.35mm
Depth - 60.8
Table - 58
Girdle - Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet - None
Finsh- Ex
Sym - Ex
Clarity - VS1 and Color - H
Fluorescence - None

Tiffany Cert (in additional to GIA):
Crown Angle - 34.5
Pavillion Depth - 43.1
Precision of cut - Excellent

Also, now I''ve decided to keep it. I have a question of the insurance. My insurance company sent me a quote saying that they will replace a like kind diamond in the event of lost or stolen. What does that mean? Will they replace a stone that is close to the specs of my current one or will they replace a stone that has the same retail value of my current one (which is much higher due to the Tiffany make ups). In Tiffany''s welcome letter, they warned about the "Like Kind Replacement".

Does anyone have experiences on this subject? Any suggestion will help..

Thanks a lot for all the kind words so far! I really like this forum.

amyrock

Rough_Rock
Researcher, you parents got you earrings from Tiffany! Wow, you lucky Girl . I''ve checked out those and those are PRICY!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Most insurance companies will let you insure it as a "branded" diamond. Which means, if it''s lost/stolen/damaged, they need to replace it with another Tiffany ring. Make sure your insurance company let''s you do that!

Btw, the cut looks good!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you''re getting giddy when you enjoy your treasure now!
36.gif

Every girl secretly (or not so secretly) WISHES our sweeties would suprise us with something FABULOUS like that (but we fear what they might pick out left to their own devices
6.gif
)

Tiffany''s? That gorgeous honker? THAT''s the dream come true!

koko

Shiny_Rock
I was under the impression that Tiffany''s deals only in the finest diamonds, and that all the "guess work" has been done for you. I thought they had only the best cut quality, etc. which may make men more comfortable shopping there. I know lots of men will pay extra to get out of their "homework."
34.gif
. Anyway, glad you''re keeping it, what a gorgeous ring. And what a compliment that your husband feels you deserve only the best.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results