shape
carat
color
clarity

What shoes and jewellery to go with this dress please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Just bought this dress to wear to an evening wedding in September in Australia. Wanted some more suggestions on shoe styles besides what the model is wearing. Also what jewellery , shawl and how I should be wearing my hair please. No fashion sense at my end. Have a traditional quilted black channel handbag but think it may not be romantic enough with this dress.

Many thanks

ihavetorenamethis dress.JPG

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
The dress is a little busy. I would do just like the pic and wear some drop/dangle earrings and not much as far as neck ornamentation. If you deemed it absolutely necessary, I would probably wear an antiquey looking briolette necklace. I would do a plain black satin clutch purse. If your hair is long, I would either go for all down with some waves or curls, half up/half down with the ends straight or curly, or all straight in a low sleek ponytail. As far as shoes go, I would probably do some plain black satin pumps or mary janes to match the purse.
2.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i would keep everything else simple...no necklace, drop earrings and a bracelet....hair swept up in and audrey hepburn-ish style or sleek low chignon. for a purse i''d do a simple black clutch. i''d keep it simple with back strappy sandals. this dress stands out on its own and doesn''t need something else to stand out.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 7:34:05 AM
Author: NYCsparkle
i would keep everything else simple...no necklace, drop earrings and a bracelet....hair swept up in and audrey hepburn-ish style or sleek low chignon. for a purse i''d do a simple black clutch. i''d keep it simple with back strappy sandals. this dress stands out on its own and doesn''t need something else to stand out.

I agree with NYCSparkle and LoveinBloom!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
tritto.

DKS, that''s all you had to say? Sheesh!
38.gif
I''m so disappointed in you today...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Diamond or pearl studs. Or small drop of same. Wrists and neck bare. Hair up with small jewelled clip or comb.

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
agree with others on simplicity. those shoes she has on are even too much for me with that dress. i''d do minimal strappy sandals. pashmina black wrap or similar. simple jewelry and simple hairstyle.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''d go with understated black heel sandals....very basic with perhaps a light tough of silver accent to them......and a simple shawl.

Dangly earrings and a simple necklace.

Dress is lovely, but it should be the focal point, and other accessories shouldn''t compete with it.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all your help. Someone has also suggested I go the following
red peep toes with red satin clutch
gold peep toe with gold satin clutch
silver of both
or ivory of of both

Will I be going too much out on a limb with red?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get the idea of red but just do not think you should jazz it up like that. Keep it simple, let the dress stand out.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

All of those red shoes are nice--but just not with that particular dress. The idea is to create one focal point and make the most of it--and your dress it is. A simple black mule would do the trick, but if you cannot wear those, then a black sling. Just MHO.

cheers--Sharon

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 10:48:22 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

All of those red shoes are nice--but just not with that particular dress. The idea is to create one focal point and make the most of it--and your dress it is. A simple black mule would do the trick, but if you cannot wear those, then a black sling. Just MHO.

cheers--Sharon
ditto. it''s like on those home decorating shows when there is both a TV and a fireplace in the living room -- you have to be careful not to try to have two focal points or things look out of place. the dress is definitely the focal point, and while red or metallic heels might be great with a simple lbd to add some interest, this isn''t just a simple lbd, and it has interest all on its own! definitely simple black shoes. you could do patent, or a peep to, or a cage toe, and go as high as you want with the heels, but keep the overall design of the shoe fairly simple.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
That dress is amazing!
Sophisticated and sexy!

In my personal opinion, your hair should definitely be wrapped up neat like in a low chignon.
Your shoes and purse/clutch should DEFINITELY be black.
You can do red (or other colors) when your dress is plain - which your''s certainly is not.
Plain black closed toe or peep toe heels - but the fabric should have a satiny finish.
Simple diamond studs or sparkly drop earrings and no necklace. Maybe a sparkly bracelet? Depends.

This dress exclaims a statement. Let nothing else compete.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a less heavy shoe, something lighter and strappier, would balance the dress nicely. Keep it simple and elegant.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all your help. enfbcsobe...boy thats a long one..heheh

I like your last two. I have decided to print out some pictures to take shoe shopping. Thought I had found a clutch tonight but it got rejected as CNN from hubby.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The dress is so fun and wild I think I would keep it simple with jewelry and shoes. I would wear some simple black peep toe pumps and maybe some diamonds studs or something.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 5:21:44 PM
Author: kcoursolle
The dress is so fun and wild I think I would keep it simple with jewelry and shoes. I would wear some simple black peep toe pumps and maybe some diamonds studs or something.
I agree
1.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty dress! I''d love to see that dress with peep-toe black pumps. Jewelry: some thin gold or silver bangles, and diamond stud earrings. No necklace. Keep everything simple!

And whatever you do, DO NOT STYLE YOUR HAIR LIKE THE MODEL''S.
9.gif

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results