shape
carat
color
clarity

What Scares You?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I realized last night that one of the few things that really scares me is...

FIREWORKS!!!
7.gif
39.gif
7.gif

I love to watch them but hate the sound effects. We watched from our porch last night (could see 2 shows at once!) but after about 5 minutes I had to go inside, crawl into bed and turn the TV way up to mask the noise. I have no fear of fire, it''s simply the sound that leaves my tummy in knots. Anytime I see them up close I have my ears covered and I fllinch everytime they explode; so silly as they are so predictable. I have been scared of fireworks noise for as long as I can remember, and I''ve never had a bad experience with them. Strange.

So what are you afraid of?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''m deathly afraid of clowns.

And spiders... gusty wind (seriously, when I was a kid I''d never go outside for fear of being blown away), thunder... I''m terrified of things popping up while I''m looking out or in a window.

Yeah, I scare easily.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'm mildy afraid of spiders and dying in a plane crash.

I'm reasonably afraid that random violence or tragedy will affect my family.

I'm deeply afraid that the human race will flub things up so badly that "anyone still alive in the radioactive soup" (The Third Chimpanzee, Jared Diamond) will mourn inconsolably for the past.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That a tree will fall on our house during a bad storm. And spiders. Got bitten 2 years ago, that wasn''t fun.
14.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Lets see:

Small spaces
Clowns
Birds ( don''t ask )
Germs on an airplane
Men with long nails
Driving in the pouring rain
Losing someone I love
Things that bite/ sting

I think that is a good start...
31.gif

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Amber, that''s too funny about gusty wind. As a little girl, I was on the smaller side, and definitely on the skinny side (oh, to have those problems now!). I remember walking home from school one day when it was stormy out. I had an over-sized umbrella (the sturdier type, not one of those collapsible ones). Wouldn''t you know it - a gust of wind swooped underneath and picked me right up. It didn''t take me more than a few inches, but I felt like Mary Poppins.

happilyeverafter

Shiny_Rock
SPIDERS!!!! Blech! Can''t even look at them!
32.gif

Also violence of any kind, but especially with a knife
Scary movies of any kind (if a preview comes on tv i''ll cover my eyes and hum to myself LOL)
I fear for any animal''s safety. Natural or human-inflicted cruelty really upsets me.

Those are the every-day type fears. Of course I fear that someone I love will be hurt, etc but I try not to think about those things!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good thread Kimberly.

I am afraid of:

Giving presentations
Sharks (just found that one out)
Roaches, ewwww.
reading scary books right before bed and same w/scary movies
32.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock

In no particular order:

something bad happening to one of my kids or my husband

spiders

tornados

my house burning down

getting into a fatal car accident (on that note, my kids learning how to drive and dying in a car accident)

cancer

random violence of anytype

global warming

life changing accidents of any kind

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
LOL! Everything! I''m REALLY scared of wild animals. Our house backs up to a nature preserve and we''ve seen coyotes, deer, etc. I hate it! DH and the kids love it! We went to the Sequoias for a vacation and I was so paranoid about bears the entire time that I didn''t even have fun.

Any extreme weather is spooky, too...And I''m talkin'' about Southern California extreme weather...Hee Hee. If it rains hard, I worry that the hill behind us will come down, etc.

As a parent, I''m also afraid of the usual stuff like child abduction or the kids being harmed in any way.

Flying is another of my many fears. I can''t stand the sensation. Or the noises. I react to flying very much the way you described reacting to the fireworks, Kimberly.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
miranda, coyotes would scare me too! Deer, not so much but coyotes or bears, definately!

I think something bad happening to my kids is the biggest scare I have. Second, something happening to my husband and third, me dying and not getting to see my kids grow up.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think there is another thread like this, i will have to see if i can find it and link it...!!

for me it's spiders...nevermind they are WAY smaller than me. irrational fear for sure. also i am afraid of the ocean. i love swimming pools but i am afraid of drowning in the ocean, it's so vast and deep. it's not so much the animals in the ocean, just the ocean itself.

heights scare me too, not being up in a plane or anything, but rather like being suspended on a small chair really high off the ground. i used to have this random nightmare where i'd be on a stilted chair like 100 feet off the ground, it was horrible. i don't know why heights scare me, can't remember a bad experience i have had, random!

not too much else that i can really think of...i used to have a really irrational fear of my mother dying...but over the years that has lessened a lot...maybe it just had to do with growing up, it was just us for a long time so we were really connected.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''m scared of wasps -- as a child I got stung by a bunch of them at a picnic once, and I really do get spooked when I see flying, stinging insects.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2007 11:42:45 PM
Author: lumpkin
I''m scared of wasps -- as a child I got stung by a bunch of them at a picnic once, and I really do get spooked when I see flying, stinging insects.

Me too! Same thing happened to me Lumpkin!!!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2007 11:48:44 PM
Author: Skippy123

Me too! Same thing happened to me Lumpkin!!!
9.gif
You, are wanted in Who''s Who.
41.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I practically become a paralyzed idiot with dogs I don''t know, and heights.
20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right now, my biggest fear is having my daughter in London. She left the day of the Glasgow attack, and a day before they found the car bombs. Talk about bad timing, but I also believe you have to live your life and go on as normal. She''ll be there for the next 3 weeks studying.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, that is frightening. Can you imagine living there or where terrorist attacks have happened and are not unheard of? I''m sure she''ll be okay, though.

I also don''t care for heights. I don''t mind ladder heights, but real heights, like say, a high fire escape, the St. Louis Arch or a stage cat walk frighten me. I can''t do them. I used to be okay on roller coasters (have no idea why that didn''t qualify) but I don''t think I''d want to be on one now.

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Spiders (but not as much as I used to be)
Heights (especially if I can see the ground)
Water slides
Being separated from my kids
Not being in control

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
heights - but I love flying planes and repelling and want too go skydiving.
But standing on the edge of a building or cliff without ropes utoh no way!

That comes from cracking my skull falling off a porch when I was a little kid.

gun control
politicians

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2007 12:11:57 AM
Author: strmrdr
heights - but I love flying planes and repelling and want too go skydiving.

But standing on the edge of a building or cliff without ropes utoh no way!

Me too!!!!
I also have the fear of losing a loved one since it has happened to me lately.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enclosed places is my worst - I''m very claustrophobic
Miller moths - I hate them
Big spiders
Losing someone in my family
Boogy men (crime or violence against my family, me or our house)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharks
Spiders (under 1/2 inch not so scary... but I grew up with brown recluses!)
Claymation. Seriously can''t even look at it.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Where do I begin? lol
You guys know from my previous threads that I'm a bit of a stressed-out, worrisome, anxiety-ridden spaz.

1. Heights.
2. Another 911 happening on any plane I am on. (Especially last year flying home from Europe on the 4th of July. I thought for sure that if it were going to happen at all, it would happen then. I was a paranoid freak the whole flight.) I also have a fear that my pilot will be drunk...that air control won't pay attention and we'll get into an on air collision...that the breaks will fail.....etc. I hate flying, but I'm usually okay after take-off. Most people hate landing, but I don't mind that....I hate taking off!!!

3. Spiders
4. Driving on the freeway
5. Lightning
6. Deep water
7. Any amusement park ride that goes extremely high, extremely fast, or upside down. Basically, any ride where I can fit in the seat. haha.
8. My absolute biggest fear....and the one I think I'm going to go to a psychiatrist for soon....is DEATH!
-Dieing in a plane accident, car accident, drowning, in a fire, being murdered, getting cancer, etc. Dying is inevitable, but the thought of it terrifies me. If I let myself think about death too much I have extreme panic attacks where I can't breathe. It's the fear of not knowing and not being able to say goodbye. But if I found out I had cancer, it would be the fear of knowing and being able to say goodbye! It's the idea of life going on without me...it's the fear of not being done with my life yet...it's the fear of what it might feel like....it's the fear of what hapens after. I really am a wreck, and I totally need help with this.
40.gif

I have way more fears that this, but I don't want to bore you. haha

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I fear bad things happening to people. Especially my kids, which makes me totally insane when they are sick. I am a chronic worrier and catastrophizer, so I always assume the worst. I also hate flying, big bugs, earthquakes (lived through a few) hurricanes and tornadoes (never lived through one), I find clowns really freaky, I hate waiting for test results from the doctor, I hate heights and small spaces, I am so severly claustrophobic that anything confining freaks me out...I hate ski lifts and roller coasters now but used to love them and be fine with them. I am scared to not be in control. Happening upon a snake or poisionous creature also freaks me as does the thought of sharks when I am on the sea.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
This is SO silly but BALLONS. I hate the surprise popping sounds. Everytime I am near a balloon I freak out and need to leave the room. Free balloons with children running around squeezing them is one of the worst things I can imagine.

Also spiders

And of someone I love dying in a car accident.

Waking up with an intruder standing right by my bed.

Airplanes.

That about sums up the definition of hell for me.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m deathly afraid of heights. I don''t even need to be very high up to feel like I''m going to die.
40.gif

To a lesser degree, I also hate fireworks popping and ballon popping. I get startled easily and I hate it!
14.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ghosts.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poverty

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I am surprised how many people are afraid of spdiers! I don''t particularly enjoy them, but I''m not really scared.

I am scared of:

1. The ocean - when Fi & I were in Cancun, he dragged me in the ocean and I wouldn''t let him let go of me! I also yelped every 5 seconds! Everyone was laughing at us....I am afraid of both the water itself and all the fishies and what not.

2. Falling - I cried at the Statue of Liberty in 6th grade......I couldn''t even stand near the edge, I ran back to the farthest point possible. Also, when I am sitting in a chair, I will freak out if someone pulls the back to make me rock a little bit. I probably have a better chance of falling based on my reaction than if I just sat there...

3. That I will wake up with an intruder watching over me (Ally - I really thought I was the only one like this!). I only have this fear when I am alone though, if my fi is home, I never think about it.

4. Driving at night, in the rain, snow, etc. I am not scared enough of this to let it prevent me from doing it, but it gives me quite a lot of anxiety. I always said that if I won the lottery the first thing I would do is hire a driver
2.gif

5. I used to have a fear of stairs - especially ones that were open. I still have to walk on the left side, so I can hold on with my dominant hand (Because apparently if you are lefty, your right side is useless!).

6. Going downhill - like skiing, biking, etc. Ugh, I am weird!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results