shape
carat
color
clarity

What piece of jewelry have you worn the longest aside from your wedding ring/e-ring?

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reading these stories about fathers buying jewellery for their daughters reminded me of my TRULY oldest piece of jewellery.

This makes me so glad about the few things we have gotten for our kids. Maybe they will stop by here after posting their inheritance on "Pre-loved" many years from now. :mrgreen2:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have worn my naval ring every day for the past 21ish years minus the last couple months of pregnancy for each kid. I am not sure anyone wants to see a photo.

I would love to see a photo!!! I’ve had my navel pierced since 16 (re-done at 19), went through a pregnancy with it in until the last month but I bought a pregnancy piercing plastic “placeholder” to wear then. I was NOT giving up my piercing haha. I’d had it for 17-18 years at that point!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to come back and post a pic. Shame on me for starting this thread and breaking one of the PS commandments—thou shalt always post pics—so here it is.

Bought the medium hoops in high school, the smaller pair during a 3 semester college break. The smaller are 10k, larger are 14k. I probably spent $75 total and this was back on the mid-late 1990s. Just simple pieces, which must be why they always come back into style.
05710788-4187-4F10-A74C-33B811E3ECFE.jpeg

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has to be the cross I received for my first communion.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now we are near the bottom of page 2 i can say just a baby compared to some of you magpies 20220510_192422.jpg
A little over One year :lol-2:
My silver cuff
Ive had it for maybe 15 years
finally started to wear it last year and now i never take it off
I guess its become a signature piece
Its due a polish with my silver cloth because ive discovered i like the highly reflective 'tin' colour of silver :lol-2:

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
In my younger years, I always had jobs and studied courses that required wearing gloves, so I did not wear any rings. However, my career transition out of labs coincided with being in a serious relationship so I purchased this sterling Frank Gehry ring from the flagship Tiffany in NYC 16 years ago on a whim, wondering if I could get used to an engagement ring. I still wear it in a stack with the black gold version of the same ring I bought later, and also occasionally use it in lieu of a wedding ring set when I’m in situations where it’s not prudent to wear a rock. F8840733-C8E6-4B13-8DDC-BCAA3C9578B5.jpeg

danusia

Rough_Rock
My small sapphire and diamond earrings that my parents gave me at age 18, after I got my ears pierced. I have worn them for over 45 years.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results