shape
carat
color
clarity

what obssessions or special interests does yr DH have?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
....apart from you, of course
emwink.gif

mine is crazy about marine aquariums - always has been but I guess it''s more noticeable now all the wedding planning & stress is over. Friends laugh when we tell them we''re turning the spare room into a nursery....for clownfish
20.gif

over to you...

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
haha...

mine loves fishing. If we go to Target, or any store that sells fishing supplies, he''s in that aisle for, like, an hour. Drives me crazy sometimes!! Maybe someday we''ll have a boat, and he can fish while I sunbathe with a good book... I can dream, right? lol

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine aren''t too special : guitars and video games.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
FI is obsessed with athletic activities. Depending on the time of the year he''s playing intramural softball, football, frisbee, and especially basketball. He looooves basketball. Luckily for me he really doesn''t watch sports that often unless it''s the NCAA basketball tournament or one of "his" teams are playing (it''s rare that they televise the games he wants here). I just wish I were more athletic so I could participate in some of this stuff with him! But I have zero coordination with games involving catching or throwing balls
2.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh man does my husband have obsessions, er, I mean special interests.
In no particular order:
- Astrophysics, theoretical astrophysics, cosmology, and anything related to these
- Animals in nature
- Sports. Or really, any event where there are two sides, and a competition of some sort going on. Specifically, he''s obsessed with tennis and pro football, but he watches any and every athletic competition available. He plays, too.
- Being a good pet owner. He''s constantly researching about food, health, discipline, etc. He''s going to be a nightmare when we have children.
- Gordon Ramsay

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband loves sports of all kinds! We play soccer together on a couple of co-ed teams (one indoor, one outdoor) but he also loves to watch sports.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. DH is an avid reader, enjoys music (from old school rap to jam bands to jazz), likes to watch movies, though that can be problematic because we have completely opposite tastes so it''s hard to find the time to watch a movie that I won''t watch (scary or violent movies give me horrific dreams).

Very strangely, he''s not an obsessed sports fan, really - he''s a sportswriter, so sports are also his job. He does heart his alma mater and the Cubbies, though - maybe those count as obsessions? He also loves to play golf.

He has a very eclectic range of things that he enjoys, so it''s kind of hard to think of a good answer for this question!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Mostly comic books and PC real-time strategy games. He''s not into sports at all, which is fine by me, because I''m not either!

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99.44%; HEIGHT: 156px">Date: 9/12/2009 11:26:25 AM
Author: Haven
In no particular order:
- Astrophysics, theoretical astrophysics, cosmology, and anything related to these
- Animals in nature
- Sports. Or really, any event where there are two sides, and a competition of some sort going on. Specifically, he''s obsessed with tennis and pro football, but he watches any and every athletic competition available. He plays, too.
- Being a good pet owner. He''s constantly researching about food, health, discipline, etc. He''s going to be a nightmare when we have children.
- Gordon Ramsay
lol, looking at your avatar, Haven, it makes me wonder whether yr DH made the cat wear that whether it needed it or not! too cute..

As for Gordon Ramsay!!! do tell us more...

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 7:59:02 AM
Author: Lynnie
haha...

mine loves fishing. If we go to Target, or any store that sells fishing supplies, he''s in that aisle for, like, an hour. Drives me crazy sometimes!! Maybe someday we''ll have a boat, and he can fish while I sunbathe with a good book... I can dream, right? lol

does he actually buy anything or just look? I can''t tell you the number of aquarium shops I''ve been dragged to and the amount of random stuff that gets delivered to our house. Last week, it was a box of rocks. But not just any rocks, oh no, ''living rock'' (i.e. with worms and other ''critters'' in) that he''s been lovingly bathing with my best turkey baster. He''s also been lobbying to have our plumbing overhauled so we can have reverse osmosis water. Just for TWO darned clownfish the length of my thumb. I''ve refused so now he''s stockpiling special water barrels
20.gif

you can imagine how thrilled I am about this all

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Video games and sports, especially hockey and football (HUGE Penguins/Steelers fan - it was a good year last year).

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Soccer, soccer, and more soccer!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Flying, WWII aircraft, history, SciFi, and identity management. The last one he does for a living, but he just can''t seem to get enough of it during working hours.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
NHL Hockey on his XBox. My husband plays it when I go to bed and he''s up until all hours of the night often. For some reason, he doesn''t get into other games, just hockey. I also don''t understand how he can play many games in one night, yet when watching a game on TV, he constantly flips channels.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 12:33:41 PM
Author: trinity911
style="WIDTH: 99.44%; HEIGHT: 156px">Date: 9/12/2009 11:26:25 AM
Author: Haven
In no particular order:
- Animals in nature
- Gordon Ramsay
lol, looking at your avatar, Haven, it makes me wonder whether yr DH made the cat wear that whether it needed it or not! too cute..
As for Gordon Ramsay!!! do tell us more...
Ha ha Trinity! No, poor little Geddy needed that e-collar because he had emergency surgery shortly after DH adopted him. HOWEVER, that was the third e-collar we bought for the little guy because DH didn''t think the first two were made properly.

Gordon Ramsay . . . that man is always on my television set. DH watches all of his shoes, and he watches the Kitchen Nightmares shows repeatedly. And he walks around quoting them all the time. We own several of his books, and DH spends a lot of time trying to find certain recipes from Gordon''s shows to make them at home. Now, *I* am the one who cooks everything, it wasn''t until DH started obsessing over Gordon that he picked up a cutting board and a knife. Now he thinks he''s qualified to criticize every single meal we order when we''re out!

We ate so much shepherd''s pie last year I thought I was going to turn into a lamb.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
-Music
-Downloading entire discographies!
-Video games
-Comic books/graphic novels
-Madballs
-Nature
-Writing
-Badminton

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
- Photography
- Politics
- Poker
- Interior Design

We actually have a huge number of interests in common. I leave him to do the photograhy and he leaves me to do the gemmology... but otherwise we do everything else together.

Neither of us is into sport at all thank goodness!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 12:38:39 PM

haha...

does he actually buy anything or just look? I can''t tell you the number of aquarium shops I''ve been dragged to and the amount of random stuff that gets delivered to our house. Last week, it was a box of rocks. But not just any rocks, oh no, ''living rock'' (i.e. with worms and other ''critters'' in) that he''s been lovingly bathing with my best turkey baster. He''s also been lobbying to have our plumbing overhauled so we can have reverse osmosis water. Just for TWO darned clownfish the length of my thumb. I''ve refused so now he''s stockpiling special water barrels
20.gif

He''ll look for an hour to decide on 2 or 3 fishing lures, that cost $3 or $4 each! But if I complain, he''ll be like, "But MY lures are like YOUR shoes or purses!" lol... I guess he''s got a point! And he''s got them organized in his little tackle box, better organized than anything I''ve got!

lol @ reverse osmosis! Too funny!

My DH tends to go through hobby ''phases'', though. He was into painting for a while, then poker. He had a stint with pen making - his stepdad got him into that one, and some of those pens came out beautiful. But fishing is always a constant. So is beer making. I bought him a home brew kit years ago. The best gift I ever gave him, he says.

Gordon Ramsay!!!! HAHA, Haven... my hubby loves him too!! One day I fell asleep on the couch, and started having this crazy dream that someone was screaming at me about fish being wrong! Guess what DH was watching on TV? lol

Pandora, you enjoy poker, too? DH and I have been into poker for a while. We actually entered a real tournament in Atlantic City last year. It was fun! I made the final table! DH got knocked out early, though.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
My husbands are:

1. Mountaineering/Rock Climbing/Ice Climbing. I love these things, too, but DH is much more involved. He''s constantly trying to figure out how he can take off 6 weeks to climb Denali or even just a couple of weeks to climb the Matterhorn. He climed Rainier two weeks before our wedding and fell into a cravasse, which scared the living daylights out of me. He climbs Mt. Washington several times every summer and winter. In fact, we''re headed to the rock gym in a couple of hours, after he gets back from his bike ride.

2. Cycling. He''s only been riding for about a year, but he loves it. The problem is that on the weekends he often rides 80 - 100 miles in a day and I''m tapped out after 40 or so.

3. Anything having to do with mathematics. His old Calc 3 text book from college is literally falling apart. He''ll just pick it up and start doing problems out of it for fun.

4. Running. He was training for the Chicago Marathon this fall, but injured his ankle. He usually run around 7 - 10 miles a day and does one 13 mile run per week.

5. Sports. Mostly hockey and football.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Sports - DH LOVES hockey and baseball, and he watches football and basketball too. He''s on multiple fantasy baseball teams and he is completely wrapped up in them sometimes. Since we got married he''s been much better about paying more attention to me instead of the fantasy teams, but he still gets very into them (which is kind of cute as long as he''s not ignoring me 6 months out of the year
2.gif
)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

haha...

20.gif

Give in on the reverse osmosis.

Sears has a very good one for about $200. (probably a lot less expensive and much smaller than barrels).

Mine wants reverse osmosis too. Because you never know what is in the water.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His Obsessions:

1: airplanes (owns 2)
2: CATS (Miglet, Sven, Lilly, and any other we don''t have living with us - yet)
3: flying stuff (movies, books, helicopters, weather, airports, parts, parachuting, tools, mechanics, music....)
4: home improvement stuff (kitchen remodeling, decks, landscaping, bathroom remodeling)
5: Getting every last bit of white/cream/biege/yellow/brown out of the house.
6: computers (big, small, portable, wireless)
7: media stuff (projectors, bigger screens, better speakers, nicer reclining sofas, soundproofing, colors that turn black in a dark room, storage for DVDs, computers that PLAY movies, buying more DVDs, etc......)

and the latest is WOODWORKING.
Now we have a garage full of woodworking stuff. He is out right now building a platform for the washing machine. To be followed by the speakers he plans to build (starting tomorrow). And then the cabinets for the kitchen. And the cabinets for the laundry room. A dining table. Bookcases.

Mine:
diamonds and anything else wedding related.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 8:15:41 AM

Pandora, you enjoy poker, too? DH and I have been into poker for a while. We actually entered a real tournament in Atlantic City last year. It was fun! I made the final table! DH got knocked out early, though.
LOL, we''re both gamblers - albeit very restrained small stakes and we only gamble on things that are not down to pure luck. So, poker and political betting (and the odd geegee
27.gif
)

I''ve been playing for about 6 years now and DH a bit longer. I play Texas Hold''em, Omaha and Omaha HiLo - I like Omaha HiLo best, but it''s rare to get a big enough group who know how to play it to have a decent tournie.

Before the baby was born I used to play live tournaments on Wednesday and Sunday evenings and then online tournies during the week. I have only played once in 4 months now as I can''t take the baby to the bar we play in. So, trying to organise some more home games to get my fix - We used to host a lot of games and had a full-size table in our last house, but not anymore.

The last live one I played was two days before I went into labour! They guys were all petrified as I was so huge I could barely fit behind the table - they''d seen me expand week on week and were convinced I would end up having the baby there on the table!

Not a lot of women play around here - normally we are 19/20 people of which 2/3 are female... but statistically we do rather well!
9.gif

It''s a fantastic game for mental agility and learning probability - we will definitely be teaching our daughter when she''s old enough!

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
In no particular order:
- Books, he can really two to three in a day (and loves his Kindle)
- Video Games
- Music (and can uncannily identify songs on the radio)
- Comic books (he''s got me hooked on some them, and I''m starting to buy them for US!)
- TV and movies

He is not into sports much, I''m glad, because I don''t much about them!
3.gif

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Im not a newlywed but i just thought i would pipe up here!

Aviation - all things planes, helicopters etc. and all relevant literature about them including books, mags, journals, physics texts etc
Radio Controled Aircraft - ''nuf said
Model Aircraft - builds them and babies them
War - war books, movies, documentaries, magazines
14.gif
this i hate because they are really violent.

he always jokes that planes are his first love then me
3.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
College football, golf, and his ciclid aquarium.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
not quite married, but FH loves:

Online gaming
Capoeira (brazilian martial art)
ice hockey
sportbikes, with a new found love for track racing
20.gif

golf
flag football
college football

and other things ebb and flow, like Robotics

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 4:44:36 PM
Author: TooPatient

haha...

20.gif

Give in on the reverse osmosis.

Sears has a very good one for about $200. (probably a lot less expensive and much smaller than barrels).

Mine wants reverse osmosis too. Because you never know what is in the water.
My FI loves fishing too. I don''t mind and it keeps him out of trouble
9.gif
AND he cleans and cooks the fish himself. His speciality is yellowfin tuna - yummy!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Steeler''s Football and fantasy baseball/football leagues. He''s a bit obsessed really, but he still makes pleny of time for me.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
He''d kill me for saying so, but my hubby is a huge nerd... He''s obsessed with:

- Computers and high-tech gadgets;
- Video games;
- Superheroes and comics;
- Music and movies.

Other obsessions he has that are not so nerdy are pets and children. I''m getting a bit discouraged over our home being slowly turned into a menagerie, but his undying love of our unborn baby is absolutely adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results