shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your song?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
The songs that move you thread got me thinkin.......Do you and your SO have a song? If so, what?

Ours is the Cranberries - Dreaming my Dream

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well the first dance at our wedding was Eartha Kitt "At Last"

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Ours is Stevie Wonder - Ribbon In The Sky officially, but there are other songs that remind us of each other as well.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
September by Earth, Wind & Fire

It was the first "dance" song at our September wedding.

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Sade, by your side and oddly enough - Pardon me by Incubus!! hah!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Our "song" is by The Cure (I know, I know) and it''s "Love Song". Our first dance song was "Kiss the Girl" from the Little Mermaid, the version actually from the movie, with Sebastian the crab singing it. We loved it, as we''re huge Disney fans, and the guests loved it too.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 1:11:26 PM
Author: julesbeth
Sade, by your side and oddly enough - Pardon me by Incubus!! hah!
That is in interesting choice. Is there a story behind that one?

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 1:12:20 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Our ''song'' is by The Cure (I know, I know) and it''s ''Love Song''. Our first dance song was ''Kiss the Girl'' from the Little Mermaid, the version actually from the movie, with Sebastian the crab singing it. We loved it, as we''re huge Disney fans, and the guests loved it too.

LOL, AmberWaves--one of our other songs is by the Cure as well! Not the same one, though--Kris always says that "The Perfect Girl" makes him think of me (although with the lyrics, I''m not sure that''s a compliment!)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
We have a couple - Amazed by Lonestar, the crazy techno My Name is Dirty Mary, and a few others that when they come on we go, "Eeee!" and turn it up. Not an official song, though Amazed was going to be our first dance song had we gone with a big wedding instead of the courthouse.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
We didn''t really have a song until we got married. Our first dance song was: "Let''s Do it (Let''s Fall in Love)" by Ella Fitzgerald. So that''s our song now.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Our official song is Nora Jones''s "Come Away With Me"

However, to DH''s great dismay, our unofficial song is "It''s Raining Men" -- it was even mentioned (to his horror) during our wedding ceremony. We have a picture of that exact moment, and I''m laughing so hard tears are streaming out.

We had gone to pre-marriage counseling with our officiant...and of course one thing he asked was our favorite song...I mentioned "It''s Raining Men" along with a few others...admitting fully that it''s cheesy and I didn''t care. Somehow during the ceremony, the officiant got a little mixed up and said it was DH''s favorite song. I think his entire poker group blanched a little.

I rectified the story at the reception, but it''s still pretty darned funny to me. Whenever DH is in a snit, I put it on and create a new and wonderful dance routine for him, jazz hands included.

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
We have several songs, I think.

This Years Love by David Grey was our song when we first started dating
Easy Silence by the Dixie Chicks is another that we claim as our song

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Ours are oddly out of genre for our taste in music. They happened more out of situations than personal love for the songs, but they fit!

Hey There Delilah by the Plain White Ts
It is Love by Hellogoodbye
Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I didn''t have a first dance at our wedding, but the song that makes me think of him, and makes me all teary is "My Life" by the Beatles. He loves "When I''m 64." Sooo, I guess those are our two songs.

also Amber - that is SO.DARN.CUTE. I am a total disney movie hound too! I just bought DH the Pixar movie collection - and we''ve gone to see each of the last four pixar releases on the night they opened.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Our first dance song will be Fields of Gold by Sting, but our "us" song is Air that I Breathe by the Hollies - we had just started dating, had had a few drinks, and decided to blast some "classics" ...! Now, whenever we dance to it, it usually devolves into who can outsing the other (volume-wise -- we both can''t sing!) We do like Fields of Gold though, and think it will be a beautiful wedding dance!

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Joflier - My FI and I met in High School and I was down in his basement and Pardon Me came on and I was like, ''oh I love this song'' and he obviously did too and we''ve pretty much been together ever since!!!
26.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 2:28:13 PM
Author: littlelysser
DH and I didn''t have a first dance at our wedding, but the song that makes me think of him, and makes me all teary is ''My Life'' by the Beatles. He loves ''When I''m 64.'' Sooo, I guess those are our two songs.

also Amber - that is SO.DARN.CUTE. I am a total disney movie hound too! I just bought DH the Pixar movie collection - and we''ve gone to see each of the last four pixar releases on the night they opened.

SO funny, LL! The two Beatles songs were contenders for my Father/Daughter song! In the end I chose "My Girl" since we made it a joint father/Daughter & Mother/Son dance.

I LOVE Disney (remember we got engaged there in ''06?), and well, it''s my favorite thing (much like the Hello Kitty thread!). I adore "Bounding" or is it "Boundin''"? The one with the sheep who gets shaved? LOVE IT.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
The first dance at our wedding was to "When She Dances" by Joe Bonamassa, so I guess that''s the "official" one...

but our reception was LITTERED with songs that mean a lot to us. Here are a few-

Yours by Sara Gazarek was our parent dance, but it actually had a lot more meaning to us as a couple (the refrain is beautiful..."The love I have, baby it''s yours").

Lullaby by the Dixie Chicks was our cake cutting...it''s a song for their kids, but it''s a really sweet love song, too. DH and I routinely ask each other "How long do you want to be loved?" (Response: Is forever enough? Cuz I''m never, never giving you up.")

Loving You by Minnie Ripperton...I started singing this to DH one morning and it became a habit. We text "Loving you" to each other about a dozen times a week

So Happy Together by the Turtles...this is our roadtrip song. We belt it out. It''s goofy and lovely and completely obnoxious. Perfect.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 3:06:13 PM
Author: julesbeth
Joflier - My FI and I met in High School and I was down in his basement and Pardon Me came on and I was like, ''oh I love this song'' and he obviously did too and we''ve pretty much been together ever since!!!
26.gif

Awwwwww.........
21.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i dont know if you have ever heard it but it is called Best Days by Graham Colton. if you havent heard it check it out. its a nice song.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Our song while we were dating was "Out of the Blue Clear Sky" by George Strait.

Then, when we got married, we chose "I Cross My Heart" by George Strait. That was our first dance as husband and wife and DH still calls me everytime it comes on the radio.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ours is "You Can''t Always Get What You Want" by The Rolling Stones.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 4:40:11 PM
Author: radiantquest
i dont know if you have ever heard it but it is called Best Days by Graham Colton. if you havent heard it check it out. its a nice song.

Love that song! FI and I don''t have a song but I am considering that as our first dance song!
9.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Since im not with someone right now i will look to the past for an answer...I dated a women several years ago that had the most striking blue eyes...so blue eyes by elton john is the song that reminds me of that raven haired blue eyed beauty when it comes on the radio.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Alicia Keys'' You Don''t Know My Name because I wouldn''t give the Nate the time of day when I first met him, but a couple of songs later is If I Ain''t Got You, which is how I feel now.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
We don't really have one, but right around the time I realized I was falling for J he introduced me to the song 'It Must Be Love' by Madness, so I always think of it as our unofficial song. The closest 'our song' to J is 'Hands' by the Raconteurs because the lyrics make him think of me.
1.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Losing my Religion by REM

We also have a cheesy slow dance song, "At Last", which I think everyone uses at their wedding. That''s how we picked it, just opened a bridal mag and said that would do since it was listed as the number one first dance song at wedding. Since then we''ve been to 3 weddings and all 3 have used it! Guess we picked a good one.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion.

Ibiddie

Rough_Rock
We have three (that I can think of right off the top of my head!)

1. Everything by Lifehouse
2. Dream a Little Dream by Diana Krall (I think, it''s a live version...)
3. Girlfriend by Matthew Sweet

We''ll probably be dancing to a edited version of Everything for the First Dance (it''s just too long not to edit!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results