shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your preference on cut? Does a round diamond have the most "fire"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prc

Rough_Rock
Just wondering -- I''ve heard that a round diamond has the most "fire" because of it''s shape. Is that correct? Or can you get as much fire from another cut? If so, which ones? All? What is your favorite cut for an (your) engagement ring?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Diamond cuts have different flavors that appeal to people differently. Technically, the round brilliant is cut for the most optimum light return, including fire and qualities of scintillation. The Princess is a mixed cut, second only to the rb in perceived performance qualities, and growing in popularity. The Pear (combination of oval and marquise) is also a good performer, as the other common shapes can be. Emeralds and square emerald cuts (Asscher) are step cuts with more transparency than brilliant or mixed cuts, designed to draw the viewer deep into the diamond.

Taking a look at several well cut shapes 'live' can help you decide what your eye likes. Since you asked about fire, you may want to look at cushion cuts. The cushion is an antique cut with larger facets and rounded corners that increases its performance under candlelight.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
A well cut asscher can blow a well cut RB out of the water when it comes to fire but the RB will be brighter.
Some of the older cuts with the large facets can also do the same.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PRC!

I think an Ideal cut round brilliant diamond is more than likely going be sparklie!

Posted above you have a nice accounting with the different shapes, I am no help in comparing one shape to the other.

For my personal pref. for an ering ... I would choose a ideal cut round brilliant, 2nd would be an OEC or a modified cushion. I just like softer lines, things that are rounded. Every woman is different though.

Have a wonderful day!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results