shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your guest list number?

paris29

Shiny_Rock
How many people do you plan on inviting to your wedding?

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
We will probably have about 180 people. If it was up to me it would be A LOT less. But both my parents have huge families so it's difficult to leave people out (with my family it could cause World War 3 if you invite the one person and then not the other!).

Besides, my parents are paying so I guess if they want to invite the whole world and spend a fortune it's their problem. The way I look at it it's more people to admire you in your dress! I can already hear all the 'Ooh's and 'Ahh's! :lol:

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Zero :D

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Probably not too many - maybe between 10 and 20? We want to have a small wedding, with just family members. We also have not completely eliminated the idea of just eloping.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
haha, no more than 125. That's my limit :)

But SO's family will probably dwarf mine. His dad is one of 18 and his mother was one of like 23. 23?! Who has 23 kids?!?! Not this girl. SO will be lucky with one : D

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Ideally, I'd elope, but that would really hurt a few family members. But more realistically,I would like about 6, my parents and brother, and his mother and 2 aunts. I'm sure there will be some people still insulted, but hey, it's my wedding, not theirs.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
We will be inviting 125-130, 25 of which are children under 15 years old. We expect that 100-115 will actually attend.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Lets just say that I originally planned on 40 people TOPS. SO and I sat down and made a list....it is now at 80...which isn't that much but it isn't what we were expecting.

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
I really wish we could elope but it would dissappoint many family members :((

So our list is about 120 but we expect less to attend

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
We originally wanted 9, but I just finished sending out invites to 40 people. We're hoping for no more than 30.

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
None. We're eloping. Our closest family members are totally supportive of it, and our other family members won't have a hard time with it. It's nice that most of our family is pretty easygoing. We'd probably still elope even if they weren't supportive, but it would be hard to deal with the negativity it would bring.

We're planning on having a reception/party/thing a few weeks after we're back as a celebration for family and friends. While we don't at all have a definite guest list, I tried to come up with a rough one at one point and figured we'd end up with around 100 people if we invited most everyone we wanted, or we could do closer family and friends and end up with around 50ish.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
kagordo4 said:
His dad is one of 18 and his mother was one of like 23. 23?! Who has 23 kids?!?!

:shock:
Wow. Not wanting to be nosey, but any reason for this? Religious, cultural, other?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I would like to elope, but since thats not gonna happen, ill be looking at around 50 to 60

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
About 120.

I plan on not making any more friends before next summer by scowling at passer-bys and breaking wind in public :praise:

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
We are inviting around 50 but I think only 20-25 are coming since the wedding is in Mexico.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Wow--I am impressed by the LIWs' small guest lists! I wish I could have been more like you ladies. We invited 300 (yikes!) and had 180 come to the wedding. The economy prevented a lot of our guests from being able to afford flying in from out of town.

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
Our guest list is around 80 and I believe we will have between 50-60 people come because many are from out of town and half of my list is my mum brothers and sisters from Pakistan, who I don't imagine will be coming, but need to at least be extended the invitation.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
150!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Those are some pretty small guest lists!

We invited 140 and 85 are attending our destination wedding. I originally had 60 guests in mind, but am OK with the current number.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
amc80 said:
kagordo4 said:
His dad is one of 18 and his mother was one of like 23. 23?! Who has 23 kids?!?!

Wow. Not wanting to be nosey, but any reason for this? Religious, cultural, other?

Lol they're Hispanic : ) Not much else to do on the tiny island, they always say.

They're Dominican. I think it's crazy too, oh god, holidays are THE WORST. . SO has more than 90 ( I thought it was 70 in a previous post, and I was wrong) first cousins.

ETA, nose away. : ) Just don't judge, lol.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
kagordo4 said:
amc80 said:
kagordo4 said:

Lol they're Hispanic : ) Not much else to do on the tiny island, they always say.

They're Dominican. I think it's crazy too, oh god, holidays are THE WORST. . SO has more than 90 ( I thought it was 70 in a previous post, and I was wrong) first cousins.

I have 4 cousins. Combined.

25 or so. I WISH it could be 10.. but there are too many people I would like to go :)

If FI had his way it would be 15 people I know and about 150 people that he knows.. lol

delia5930

Rough_Rock
200! And most of them live within 1hr of us so we're expecting most of them to come!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
250 and growing.. eeks!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I'm thinking we will have between 100-150. I don't really know for sure though.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh I don't want to think about it. I'm hoping to invite no more than 150 and hope that about 100 attend. All of our parents come from families of 4 kids (and my mom has additional half and step siblings) and while it may not sound like a lot compared to kagordos (WOW!) it does add up quickly. Plus almost all of my cousins are married or in very serious relationships so it pretty much doubles the number of cousins I have. Then to compound the big families, I'm also very close with all of my neighbors, closer than many of my relatives, so it's like having a whole other side of my family. We really wont even be inviting THAT many friends but we reach 3 digits just with family and very close family friends.

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
Well, obviously I would have to talk to SO for exact numbers. I'm not sure how many people he expects to invite. I'm thinking around 75 people I think is a good number overall. The more guests, usually the more expensive and after a little help from our parents we're pretty much footing the rest of the bill and we're not in the best state financially right now. Of course that will probably improve by the time we actually get engaged. So yeah, anywhere from 70-80 people.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
amc80 said:
kagordo4 said:
amc80 said:
kagordo4 said:

I have 4 cousins. Combined.

I have one brother, and four cousins (too!) and SO thinks it's really strange.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
kagordo4 said:
I have one brother, and four cousins (too!) and SO thinks it's really strange.

Ha, same here! One brother. And my bf is an only child. Funny that both of us want 4 kids or so.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results