shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite part of being married?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
It seems a little dead over on this forum so I''m here to spice it up again!!!

My favorite part of being married is knowing we are a team now if that makes sense? It just *feels* like everything is combined and "ours" instead of "his" or "hers". Also I love knowing he''ll be the father of my children :) and that should we get pregnant that it would not be frowned upon by older family members since we are married lol, funny how that works sometimes :)

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 7:18:25 PM
Author:Smurfyimproved
It seems a little dead over on this forum so I''m here to spice it up again!!!

My favorite part of being married is knowing we are a team now if that makes sense? It just *feels* like everything is combined and ''ours'' instead of ''his'' or ''hers''. Also I love knowing he''ll be the father of my children :) and that should we get pregnant that it would not be frowned upon by older family members since we are married lol, funny how that works sometimes :)

hahaha...smurphy! this is exactly what i was going to say! people keep asking me about how i like being married, and i keep saying that over and over again.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
thanks smurfy. it's super dead on this forum, and like I said, we need you.

I think my favorite part is referring to him as my husband. we've been together so long that we already had the team theme going, and there isn't much difference now except the husband/wife part.

when people ask why we got married, I actually don't even have an answer. just that it felt like the right thing to do... lame answer, I know.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I love feeling like a team, but we did feel that way before we got married - I think marriage just solidified it further.

I think my favorite part is just being together - now that we''re married we live together (which is amazing!), we can cuddle and talk at night, we can spend all our holidays together, and for the most part we are expected to do everything together. Before we were married our friends and families weren''t as understanding if we wanted to spend a weekend together or a holiday together so we ended up spending those separately often. Now, as a married couple, we''re *expected* to come as a "package" - and I love being a "package" with him
3.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We lived together for several years before being married, so the home stuff is pretty much the same. I love the feeling of protection I get from being DH''s wife. I know that he''s got my back regardless of what''s going on. It''s so much easier to get stuff done too when I throw out the "his wife" or "Mrs." titles.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
My favorite part is everything. I did have a bit of a tough time adjusting the first year because...well I don''t even know why, I guess I was afraid that the title of "wife" would make me feel less independent or something. Then I truly embraced it and made a vow to myself to be the best partner I could and I love it--like many others, I did feel like a team before we were married, but the magnified feeling of being a team and having that security and commitment with another person is refreshing. I also love that taking that step allowed me to focus on all the "next steps" in my life. We could start planning to buy a house, planning to start a family, etc.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also loved the extra $$ in my paycheck when I changed my tax status to "married"

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, most of being married feels just like it did when we were engaged and living together.

I will say though, I lost my job right before we got married and it''s so fantastic that I have my DH to take care of me. If he wasn''t here, I don''t know what I would''ve done .... probably move back with my parents or something. But now we''re a team, so he''s here to help me and take care of me and I would do the same for him in a heartbeat. It makes me so much less anxious about things to have him around, because no matter what he''ll be there for me.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 6:26:27 AM
Author: noelwr
thanks smurfy. it''s super dead on this forum, and like I said, we need you.

I think my favorite part is referring to him as my husband. we''ve been together so long that we already had the team theme going, and there isn''t much difference now except the husband/wife part.

when people ask why we got married, I actually don''t even have an answer. just that it felt like the right thing to do... lame answer, I know.

COMPLETELY the same answer. We''ve been together so long its like the next logical step, but after 12 years, calling him my husband is very neat!

Patchee

Shiny_Rock
That he is my husband...

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
The legal parts. Boring but true. Now that we are married, if something happens to either of us, we have full access to each other. It always bothered me to think if DH was in an accident when we were engaged that there was the possibility that I might be restricted access to him.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 8:42:08 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I also loved the extra $$ in my paycheck when I changed my tax status to ''married''
I''m so with you, Hudson!
9.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I also like the "team" part and I worry lots less. I feel like he will be there to help me if something goes wrong and I will be there to help him. I kind of feel like it is not me against the world anymore. I feel like we are untouchable.

Also it does help when I say to doctors or service providers or whatever "Hello, my name is Radiantquest. I am calling on behalf of Mister Radianquest. Would you please explain to me why he is being charged X amount of dollars when this is advertised at Y amount of dollars?" I have saved us money on so many things. He loves it. He calls me his assistant because when something needs done I handle it. I went through all his stuff and made things so much easier.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love being with him all the time.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Maybe my answer isn''t as romantic, but it''s the security. We still have the same warm and romantic relationship as before, but now I also have the security that comes with marriage. Financial protection for myself and our children, and I don''t have to work anymore unless I want to. I also implicity trust my husband, so I''m not worried that he''s going anywhere - I like the fact that we really can depend on each other. Also, he''s a great dad. That is an aspect of him that I''ve gotten to discover since we got married, and something that I wouldn''t have known about him if we were still just dating.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband and I lived together for a few years before we got married, so in that sense, most things feel the same. I do feel more protected I suppose, and I like it that my husband refers to us as a family although there''s only two of us. I mentioned something recently about being bummed that we won''t be seeing our families over Christmas, and he looked a little sad. I asked him what was bothering him and he said "we ARE a family and we''re spending it together. Doesn''t that count?" Oops. He''s more sensitive than I am in some ways, and I didn''t think of it like that.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
We too lived together before we got married, so we had all the togetherness already. But, I think my favorite part of being married is being called Mrs. DCGator. I love calling him my husband and being his wife
9.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 5:39:19 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
My husband and I lived together for a few years before we got married, so in that sense, most things feel the same. I do feel more protected I suppose, and I like it that my husband refers to us as a family although there''s only two of us. I mentioned something recently about being bummed that we won''t be seeing our families over Christmas, and he looked a little sad. I asked him what was bothering him and he said ''we ARE a family and we''re spending it together. Doesn''t that count?'' Oops. He''s more sensitive than I am in some ways, and I didn''t think of it like that.
Awwwwww. That''s sweet.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 12:40:36 PM
Author: Patchee
That he is my husband...
YES, and takes care of me
30.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
some gals would say...i can now legally take him to the cleaners.
28.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We lived together prior to getting married as well so that part hasn''t changed that much but I do love being called his wife. It just gives and extra security that wasn''t there beforehand. We''re our own little family now.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to find this thread and add that another thing I love about being married is having someone who is absolutely on my side no matter what. I love that he wants me to be happy as much as I want him to be happy, and that we are willing to support each other and do whatever needs to be done in order to make that happen.

(We just had a long conversation about my career plans, which made me think of this thread. As you may know, I quit my full-time high school teaching position at the end of last summer so I could pursue a job that is less stressful and better suited to me as a teacher. I''ve been teaching part-time at a community college for years, and decided that *that* is where I''d prefer to teacher. There are only two full-time CC teaching positions available for next year (in my content and geographic area) so it''s slim picking for positions. I''ve applied to both, of course, but I''m not holding my breath.

SO, DH and I just had a talk about my options and what I should pursue if I don''t get a FT position. He is so unquestioningly supportive of me in this and every aspect of life, that I feel like I''m almost too blessed to call him my husband. I feel like I''m living a life that is far, far greater than I ever imagined myself living, and I am so grateful for that.)

SO . . . I guess what I''m trying to say is:

My favorite part about being married is being half of a two-person team.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
My favorite physical thing is just having him next to me...cuddling, sleeping, reading...really the sleeping. Waking up next to the same person every morning is the greatest gift on earth.

The emotional best thing is being understood. He reads my face, he reads my actions, he knows what I find funny, he just knows me better than anyone on earth, including my best friends or even my parents. It''s good to be understood.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
The emotional security that comes from being legally bound. Even though we dated for 8 years, somehow it feels different now and we both LOVE it. Plus, since we didn''t live together I love not having to say goodbye:)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 11:31:56 AM
Author: rhbgirl24
Date: 12/11/2009 6:26:27 AM

Author: noelwr

thanks smurfy. it''s super dead on this forum, and like I said, we need you.

I think my favorite part is referring to him as my husband. we''ve been together so long that we already had the team theme going, and there isn''t much difference now except the husband/wife part.

when people ask why we got married, I actually don''t even have an answer. just that it felt like the right thing to do... lame answer, I know.

COMPLETELY the same answer. We''ve been together so long its like the next logical step, but after 12 years, calling him my husband is very neat!

Double ditto.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I also love wearing our rings. It reminds of what we vowed to each other when exchanging rings, and it makes me smile everyday.

''We will wear these rings with the promise, trust and pride that you are my husband, and the world will know that I am yours and your are mine.''

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results